Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

miso soup

among the numerous japanese restaurants in MM, which one has the best tasting miso soup? to miso soup lovers, pa-share naman ng recipes. also, which supermarket provides the widest variety of ingredients required in japanese dishes?

Comments

• Here is a recipe that uses tofu, green onions, and mushrooms.

Ingredients:

about 30 half-inch cubes tofu
    4 mushrooms, sliced
    2 stalks green onions, chopped
    4 cups water
    2 teaspoons dashi (nomoto)
    3-4 tablespoons miso (adjust to taste)
    Directions:
    Boil 4 cups of water and dashi. Add tofu and mushrooms, simmer gently about 3 minutes. Add miso and dissolve completely. Immediately turn off the heat and add chopped green onions, then serve.

Note: You have to cook the hard vegetables longer. If you have a combination of soft and hard vegetables, add the soft vegetables later. The miso flavor will weaken if you overcook the miso.
  • there's this store across landmark (kahilera ng aji ichi ban) which sells a lot of japanese food stuff. they even have a variety of instant miso soup mixes. Meron din japanese store sa corner ng quezon ave and timog (kahilera ng red ribbon). Meron din sa Megamall (katabi ng mann hann - i don't know if this is the correct spelling of the restaurant)
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Hmmmm... Rap-sa!!!! :up:
  • MiSO...one soup you don't dare enjoy with a spoon. :D:D:D
  • In addition to Baddie's recipe, you could try adding Wakane (seaweed) and a dash of bonito flakes to give it depth (if bonito flakes are not available you can substitute this with a dab of smoked herring flakes).
    You can also add a few slices of your favourite vegetables if you want to. When I stayed with my host family in Tokyo, my host "mom" added several diced carrots and parsnips to the broth...miam :drool2:
  • WhenaixWhenaix PEx Rookie ⭐
    How do u say miso soup in Japanese??? alam ko kung ano ang papabili ko sa cousin ko sa Japan ..
  • The taste of miso soup really depends on the miso itself. There are 3 types of miso: light, red and dark. Personally, I think the best is red miso. It has a rounder flavor with more depth.
  • mac_bolan00mac_bolan00 PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    i love to watch the particles of miso billowing like brown clouds within a black laquered bowl.
  • limahllimahl PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sarap *peace*
    24gm5xu.jpg
  • gooseberrygooseberry 🐯 Tiger Squad🥈
    miso is miso. I cook miso at home I just add whatever I can. It's like a ramen broth to me.

Nothing special like a chicken broth or vegetable broth. It's just a paste you add to the water.

The paste is the difference. Always get quality miso paste.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    sinigang na miso is the best. it always gets the attention of tourists.
  • cretinous00cretinous00 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    and there are still some people who think miso soup is taken at the start of a japanese meal. :lol: