Home PEx Hobbies Books and Literature
Are you a pageant expert? Join the PEx Miss Universe Quiz Night on May 16!

How do you cover your books?

I hope the mods will pardon me if this has been posted before. But the search function IS NOT working and I'd really like to know:

* Do you cover the books that you buy?

* If so, how do you do it? Do you put tape? Do you use hairdryer so that the surface is totally flat?

* How much time do you spend per book?

* What kind of plastic/tape do you use?

* For hardcovers: do you remove the dust jackets or do you cover them as well?

I guess people who value their books would like to take better care of them, so I hope you'll share your "covering tips" here.

Thanks! :)

Comments

• I forgot the brand or how you call it... dura seal? no no this is for floors basta I don't need tape. I buy it in Natio for 40 bucks per roll.

I keep the "dust covers" or book jackets when I read the book. I don't cover them in plastic since I store them in a glass case. Most of my books that have jackets are coffee table books naman so I don't bring them around.
  • *keyah**keyah* PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I dunno eh... it's my sister who covers my books. :D

*okay*
  • I don't cover my books except the harry Potter ones
  • rains_delightrains_delight PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I cover all my books with plastic.
  • Most of the time, I don't cover my books but when I do, I use transparent tape - 1 inch wide and tape all the edges of the cover. No plastic, just tape. :D
  • meliemelie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    hehehe i ask the helper to wrap my books. sometimes when i have the time i wrap my books myself, esp when the books are "special."

i use plain plastic and tape. im not very particular about the plastic cover. basta plastic tapos lalagyan ko ng sticker na may pangalan ko sa lower right corner.
  • I don't cover my books. It offends my aesthetic sensibilities, heh.
  • I also don't cover my books. For me, it doesn't feel right.
  • i dont cover my books in plastic

i feel theylll suffocate and die

and tape and plastic cover is so grade skulish!

i want dust and dog ears and ***** stains on my books please!!!:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
  • Mickey2000Mickey2000 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    loveforthemouse.gifI just put tape on front and back cover since my books are hardbound copy.
  • SweetkaySweetkay PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Plastic and tape. That's about it. I just want them covered so that they will last longer. :kittycat:
  • meliemelie PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    kailangang cover ung mga libro.. inaanay kung hindi binalutan eh.. huhuhu may ibang libro akong hindi binalutan ng plastic.. ayan, inanay.
  • dpat di dumidikit yung tape sa papel or cover ng book... sa plastic cover mo rin idikit yung tape para pag luma na yung cover puede mong tanggalin at palitan ng di nasisira yung mismong book.
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I cover my books with plastic. Most of the time I tend to put card boards/folders on the "soft-bound"/ paperback ones to make their covers sort of hard.
    make sure maganda yung pagkagawa ...................... unlike mine :glee: