Home PEx Relationships Love - Dilemmas

New Year, New Love?

Darius03Darius03 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
I hate to think that it could be that way for me. But....
After a year and a half of good relationship, it looks like there is no choice for us two, but to part ways.

I should have not agreed to an open relationship, I do not want that in the first place. It hurts knowing that someone I love is also seeing someone else, until...

I met another one, too. And my heart and mind had the same feeling of great love and desire, once again, like it is the first time again for me. It even sparked a new life between me and my old love. But there comes a time when it is hard to attend to two loves at the same time. So..

We agreed to make a decision, to be together or to be with our new love. And...

New Year, new love? I don't know. It is so hard to decide. Can one person not really love more than one?

Comments

• LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Contrary to popular belief, true love can come to one's life twice. Go with the flow na lang tsong.
  • ganyan daw ang iba dyan...

New Year, New Dear!

kya kung patatalo ka...

No Hear, No Hug-Bear ka pa!!

kya pwede na rin ang tagay!!!

Happy New Beer Sa Mga No Ear!!

bwahahahahaha!!! :):D:D:D:D
  • *keyah**keyah* PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    From How To Make An American Quilt

Sometimes love simply ends.

Hmmmm.... ako rin naman eh. Sometimes I find myself facing the new year with:

a. the guy I'm dating still with me
    b. a new guy I just started seeing
    c. loveless - but that's okay

Now it's "b"

And it's okay.

Just look at the bright side always. Sh!tty stuff happen but that doesn't mean we should let it get the best out of us.

Always look at the bright side of life

(May kasama pang sipol yan, from the Nike commercial.)

HERE'S TO A NEW YEAR

*okay*
  • Originally posted by *keyah*

Sometimes love simply ends.

*okay*

So true. :)

:spinstar:
  • dude, you can't be in love with the same person your whole life i know that this kind of thing happens rarely but hey, what are the other ladies doing here and there?

pero dude, are you and your old love in a relationship, technically?

you remind me of my girl best bud kase parang ganyan sila dati until the guy was sort of avoiding her, rarely calls or sends text msgs, small talk na lang, as well as less visits...

seriously, if she loves this guy to death then part ways; you cannot force her to love you the same way she loves this guy

if i were you, go with the title of this thread; it's better that way move on dude! *okay* (and remember it's not your loss :cool: )

HAPPY NEW YEAR :cheers:
  • Darius03Darius03 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Thanks for all your kind advice and suggestions. Makes everything a little less burden to bear and makes me more confident of facing the New Year..but..

As usual, I am such a worry wart, I am afraid that if I go on with a new love for the new year, things might escalate to new love every six months or new love every month...etc.

I do not want to be like my cousin, who is now still a single a claims that life has never been enjoyable because playing the field is less heartache.

But I know that my cousin is lonely and will always be lonely and alone until my cousin finds the true love and not just passing fancy or sex encounters that last no longer than the daily newspaper.

I do not want to love and lost ...and lost... and lost... and lost again....and again.
  • CrusherCrusher PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Darius03
    Thanks for all your kind advice and suggestions. Makes everything a little less burden to bear and makes me more confident of facing the New Year..but..

As usual, I am such a worry wart, I am afraid that if I go on with a new love for the new year, things might escalate to new love every six months or new love every month...etc.

I do not want to be like my cousin, who is now still a single a claims that life has never been enjoyable because playing the field is less heartache.

But I know that my cousin is lonely and will always be lonely and alone until my cousin finds the true love and not just passing fancy or sex encounters that last no longer than the daily newspaper.

I do not want to love and lost ...and lost... and lost... and lost again....and again.

One thing you have to change for the New Year is your attitude towards what is happening to you and what is happening to others..like your cousin. YOU ARE NOT YOUR COUSIN! What happens to your cousin do not necessarily means will happen to you. Right now, you have people here that can give you advice, your cousin might not have that advantage.
    Second, try to learn from your mistake and do not commit things that lead you to where you are now, like going for an open relationship. Open relationship usually means that each one is beginning to lost interest, or one is beginning to lost interest and the other just gives in thinking that everything will turn out for the good. Obviously, in your case it did not.

And I understand that even though you are in your twenties, like the majority of us here in this board, you seem to be still a "bagito" when it comes to love and/or relationship. Sometimes that is an advantage but sometimes it could be a disadvantage. One thing though, avoid your cousin, Looks like you will learn nothing that could help you finding what you really want from your cousin.

So, just look forward for a better New Year and avoid the pitfalls of the old year.
  • Thanks for all your kind advice and suggestions. Makes everything a little less burden to bear and makes me more confident of facing the New Year..but..

when i read the last line, it reminded me of me..i mean seriously, ganyan din ako dati...my friends were like preventing me from courting other ladies 'cause they say that i get busted all the time...sobra dude! nung high school, busted boy ang tawag sa 'kin o kaya hopeless romantic eh...my girl best bud kept on telling me to just wait and wait and wait until there is a girl who'll love me in return...kung nakita mo lang kung gaano ako ka-loser sa love-life nung high school, i swear sobrang awang-awa ako sa sarili ko...pero eventually tinatawanan ko na lang yun eh...

going back to you, yung mga love and lost...and lost and whatever, these are just trials that are telling you to just wait for the right time and the right moment for love to set in...darating at darating din yan eh...pare, love is not meant to be rushed because it will eventually land on the palm of your hand
    Originally posted by souljah_boy

when i read the last line, it reminded me of me..i mean seriously, ganyan din ako dati...my friends were like preventing me from courting other ladies 'cause they say that i get busted all the time...sobra dude! nung high school, busted boy ang tawag sa 'kin o kaya hopeless romantic eh...my girl best bud kept on telling me to just wait and wait and wait until there is a girl who'll love me in return...kung nakita mo lang kung gaano ako ka-loser sa love-life nung high school, i swear sobrang awang-awa ako sa sarili ko...pero eventually tinatawanan ko na lang yun eh...

going back to you, yung mga love and lost...and lost and whatever, these are just trials that are telling you to just wait for the right time and the right moment for love to set in...darating at darating din yan eh...pare, love is not meant to be rushed because it will eventually land on the palm of your hand

Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts and experiences. You know I cannot talk the way I am doing now, with my guy friends about things like these. They will think I am being over sentimental and their solution to things like these more often than not, is to drink a lot (alcoholic drinks) and carry on with hospitality(?) girls and bar maids. I am not like that. I do not want to drink when I have a problem or when I am lonely. I only drink during celebrations, birthdays, graduations, weddings, and other happy times.

Again thanks for your concern. I will try to let things the way they are for the meantime. Like you said, there is no rush, although what I am rushing is the quick "cure" for what I am feeling and I do not want this kind of feeling, I do not want to be desperate such that I might be easily go into something that I will regret later. But...
    When I see happy couples, sharing smiles, it just breaks my heart.
  • Originally posted by Darius03

Thanks very much for sharing your thoughts and experiences. You know I cannot talk the way I am doing now, with my guy friends about things like these. They will think I am being over sentimental and their solution to things like these more often than not, is to drink a lot (alcoholic drinks) and carry on with hospitality(?) girls and bar maids. I am not like that. I do not want to drink when I have a problem or when I am lonely. I only drink during celebrations, birthdays, graduations, weddings, and other happy times.

Again thanks for your concern. I will try to let things the way they are for the meantime. Like you said, there is no rush, although what I am rushing is the quick "cure" for what I am feeling and I do not want this kind of feeling, I do not want to be desperate such that I might be easily go into something that I will regret later. But...

it's okay to be sentimental pare...i mean i'm used to hear heartbroken people's stories eh (mostly guys kase yung mga ladies kong kilala mga babae ang kinakausap nila eh) pero it's okay to tell me about it pare...sentimental din ako eh...alam mo, ladies find it a turn-on pag-sentimental yung guys eh (sabi sa 'kin ng girl best bud ko and my other lady friends)..besides, it's okay to cry once in awhile right? it shows na sensitive tayong mga guys.

anyways, tama ka; alcoholic drinks aren't the only solution to problems like these; not even suicide...

you're last line, ako rin pare...lalo na pagkakabusted lang sa 'yo or kakabreak-up niyo lang ng gf mo; ang sakit tignan yung mga ganun na tao eh
  • mukhang medyo huli na ko ng dating... nandito na pala si chip-boy to share some pieces of advise... eniweiz, all i can do,... maybe,... is to encourage you that life goes on, and everything, little or not, happens for a certain reason,... we don't have any idea on what's in store for you but, one thing's for sure... it's better... sometimes, God had to empty our hands so we could carry a bigger gift He'll give. ;)

nedrecycful.gif
    =nedz=
  • yan si nedz, chickboy na magaling magbigay ng advice :glee:
  • para sa akin... kung love mo pa rin...bakit magbabago ka pa...just wait for the time na talagang di mo na siya love...ibig sabihin..ayy ewan...sus..di ko masabi in words.....haaay... IL talaga ako...

ang masama nga lang dito...mahal ko siya at di niya alam...

hehehe...corny...

la lang
  • CrusherCrusher PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Darius03

Bagito? First love? First heartbreak?
    Maybe, maybe and definitely yes!

You didn't even caught the joke (supposedly) but more of a sexual inuendo when souljah told you...
    ....pare, love is not meant to be rushed because it will eventually land on the palm of your hand....

Look Darius03, you are concentrating on pain, and now you are trying to avoid pain! ABSENCE OF PAIN IS NOT HAPPINESS!

When what you should be doing is to get up and try again and again. You have much more to look forward too, at least in experience (considering that you are not a teen anymore).

Do not try to dwell to much on your being hurt. Give it three weeks and that's it. More than that you will be paralyzing your relationship with other people. You are not the first one to be heartbroken and your experinece will not be the last. So, get over it quick and enjoy life, there are lots more to do than be sorry for yourself and avoiding new encounters because you are afraid of getting hurt.

It is apparent that this could be the first time that you were dumped, but how many times have you dumped somebody else before? You do not have to answer, but I guess there are others whom you have rejected. And now it is your turn, and that is why it hurts you so much.
  • Originally posted by souljah_boy
    yan si nedz, chickboy na magaling magbigay ng advice :glee:
    chickboy:?:... ako???!

:halogrow: di' kaya nagkakamali ka chip? :uhhuh:

nedrecycful.gif
    =nedz=
  • nedz hinding hindi ako nagkakamali...pagdating mo nga sa EB natin sa superbowl G4 sino kasama mo nun? naku tsikboy talaga..:handsdown:

another_ANGEL why don't you let him know that you love him?

Darius tama si crusher don't dwell too much (pero ganun ako dati ahehehe)...pero dude, dapat you should move on...ang rami raming babae diyan...
  • Originally posted by souljah_boy
    nedz hinding hindi ako nagkakamali...pagdating mo nga sa EB natin sa superbowl G4 sino kasama mo nun? naku tsikboy talaga..:handsdown:
    :whatthe: sira ka talaga chip! :bop:

:rolleyes: parang ikaw walang kasama nung dumating ah!!!... :naughty3: saka sa superbowl mega po tayo nun!

nedrecycful.gif
    =nedz=
  • well... about pain and stuff , id say : theres a thin line between pain and pleasure. yung mga masakit, masarap. yung mga masarap, masakit. :bounce: :D:D pero seryoso, naniniwala ako dun. diba pag may masakit saten, say ngipin, ang sarap galawin? and love is pain, according to ja rule hehehee

ako naman SANA magkaron ng bagong Lust / lOVE / CaReer ngayong taOn / sem :D promise ko, magseseryoso na talaga ako.. hehehe..
    Originally posted by souljah_boy
    nedz hinding hindi ako nagkakamali...pagdating mo nga sa EB natin sa superbowl G4 sino kasama mo nun? naku tsikboy talaga..:handsdown:

another_ANGEL why don't you let him know that you love him?

Darius tama si crusher don't dwell too much (pero ganun ako dati ahehehe)...pero dude, dapat you should move on...ang rami raming babae diyan...

to souljah_boy and to Crusher

Thanks. I understand what you two are saying. Maybe it is not just that I am dwelling on my pain but also because after almost two years of being out of circulation because I concentrated my relationship with a love that is now lost, I fear that I may have difficulties of re-inserting myself to the "merry-go-round" of meeting new relationships.

I'll try to keep in mind what you, Crusher and Souljah_boy, and the others have said. I am glad I heard (long time ago) about PEx and joined in this time. I seemed to have no problems before and I didn't find it necessary to join. But maybe, I should've joined PEx earlier and asked advice about open relationships and perhaps I am not where I am now. Well, so much for hindsight.
  • darius

it takes awhile before you can completely move on...i know that the pain's still there but of course it's not the end of the world...like the rapper Ja Rule said "Pain is Love and Love is Pain" (did he really say that? oh well but the line is true) without pain, what's love right? don't worry dude, in time you'll have another girl; another gift from God *okay*...don't put your heart into it; don't pour everything into love; use your mind as well...

nedz tsong, nung superbowl G4 may kasama ka dun eh..yihee wag mo na i-deny! :glee: