Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

for GMA fans

this is from the Far Eastern Economic Review

Asian_companies2.jpg

To reach the site:
http://www.feer.com/articles/2002/0212_26/free/p044.html

Comments

• tomtomtomtom PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    what happened to the other philippine network? they used to be, what, 5th? :evilgrin:
  • Bwahahahaha! Nakakarma na ang network ng mga Lopezes! Nasaan na ba ang mga rabid defenders nito na mga atesh?!?
  • its nice to know tha gma is doing fine....my bf tells me i have this blind loyalty for GMa... but who cares? .....i love the network..im outside pinas but i still make it apoint to watch a delayed webcast of frontpage (imagine) I WISH THEY COULD do that to the other programs.........:D
  • JohnstonJohnston PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ABS-CBN will be out of the top 10 because of the problems occured. this was expected.

btw, ABS-CBN placed 11th.

:)
  • That's very nice..
    GMA deserves it..

if only ABS CBN would become more "Original" with their shows.
    Most of their shows kasi are mimicked if not from GMA but from foreign shows...
  • sa tinagal-tagal sa ere ng GMA, eh ngayon lang sila naka-abot sa top 10!!! mas-PATHETIC yon!!! ang mabuti pa eh lubos-lubosin na ninyong GMA fanatics ang ligaya at baka hindi na maulit pa yan!!!

:lol: :glee:
  • hey that's good news to me!:D

keep it up gma!
  • Originally posted by Cougar
    sa tinagal-tagal sa ere ng GMA, eh ngayon lang sila naka-abot sa top 10!!! mas-PATHETIC yon!!! ang mabuti pa eh lubos-lubosin na ninyong GMA fanatics ang ligaya at baka hindi na maulit pa yan!!!

The good thing about message boards is that one can always put smileys on his post to conceal his grieving state.

Need Kleenex?
  • Originally posted by hitme

The good thing about message boards is that one can always put smileys on his post to conceal his grieving state.

Need Kleenex?

i liked the way you put grieving state.:glee:
  • Hmmm.... Nice....:cool:
  • Originally posted by Cougar
    sa tinagal-tagal sa ere ng GMA, eh ngayon lang sila naka-abot sa top 10!!! mas-PATHETIC yon!!! ang mabuti pa eh lubos-lubosin na ninyong GMA fanatics ang ligaya at baka hindi na maulit pa yan!!!

:confused:

o well, the grieving state can really get even farther than this..
    :glee:
  • Congratulations GMA!
    Congratulations Atty. Felipe Gozon!
    Your leadership has fortified GMA Network.
    "Mga kapuso, para sa inyo ang tagumpay na ito" -GMA

Kapuso!:)
    GALING!

(Inggit na lang ang iba! Hehehe... ):D
  • It's pathetic to see Filipinos showing TV station loyalty.

It's like watching a movie just for the mere reason of having your favorite celebrity in it and not by the way the movie was created.

Personally, I don't give a sh!t about which station is better.

I choose what I want to watch, period.

That's the real deal TV viewer.
  • creamxcreamx PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Cougar

I bet you did not read the title of the thread.
  • Originally posted by Guile
    It's pathetic to see Filipinos showing TV station loyalty.

It's like watching a movie just for the mere reason of having your favorite celebrity in it and not by the way the movie was created.

Personally, I don't give a sh!t about which station is better.

I choose what I want to watch, period.

That's the real deal TV viewer.

I totally agree. There was really no difference between the two local TV giants. Only that their talents and artists cross each other's fences lately. Parang palitan lang ng kalaro dito. Stick to cable programs people, where there's less hype, less insult to one's intellegence.
  • good job for GMA! and ha..ha.. to ABS! yan ang napapala ng mga mayayabang, hambog at makasarili! karma na yan sa mga pinag gagawa nyo kay jolina!
  • I don't want to spoil the fun, but I found it funny that GMA fans are saying that the non inclusion of ABS in the top 10 is karma. For what? Being #11 in the list is a feat enough considering what the station had gone through these past months. And what do you think is the reason why GMA was not included in the list for several years? Was it also karma? When ABS was in the list every year, where was GMA ranked. #11? Or way down the bottom?
    I can understand why GMA fans are euphoric. They seldom beat ABS in almost all aspects, be it in the ratings, in being Asia's 10 most respected or biggest companies, etc.
    And it puzzles me why some GMA fans are saying that the reason behind ABS placement is because ABS is a copycat of GMA. It has nothing to do with the rankings whatsoever but let me ask this: Do you think the concepts of Unang Hirit, Sis, SOP, Extra-extra, Ready Txt Go, Saksi, GMA's soap operas, startalk original? These
    shows of GMA came into being after ABS started it at their respective time slots.
    Come on, if GMA will be the 1 station in the Philippines or if it will be winning more international awards than ABS or if GMA is included in the 5 biggest companies in Asia and ABS is at the very bottom of the list, then that is the time you can all laugh.
  • Good Job GMA7...

They indeed deserve it...
    *okay*

Honestly, I would think that they would place higher next year because they are now indeed grasping the thought of making Quality programs.. :lol:
  • Kaya hindi mag-mature ang Television stations natin.

Ang dami kasing taong may network fanaticism.

Kahit nga tadtad na ng mga soap operas ang mga TV stations natin (umaga, tanghali, primetime), loyal pa rin tayo.

Saan po ba kayo makakarinig ng direct criticisms sa mga TV stations? Yung mga hosts ng TV shows, they rarely mention the name of the other station for the fear of losing ratings.

Kadalasan sa print media, but the thoughts presented in it are those by the the writer of the column, so biased din yun.

I mean, saan ba merong manifestation ng overall public opinion on TV stations?

In my opinion, the only place where real public opinion on TV stations are presented is pinoyexchange.com

Being the largest online pinoy community there is, PEX represents a good generalization of the public's view.

And 50% of the threads here in Movies and TV section are damn pure TV network fanaticism.

With that kind of stupidity, malabong umasenso ang quality ng TV shows natin.
  • Somebody in his post said that he thinks GMA will rank higher next year since they are producing quality shows. This ranking is not for the best company, whether you are into manufacturing, broadcasting, or food, but rather for the biggest companies in the Philippines in terms of assets. Having quality shows and having the most brilliant talents are irrelevant in this list. I hope this is clear.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file