New Zealand Visa & Immigration Issues

Saw the Canadian thread and am also curious about New Zealand. Any help is appreciated. I'll start another thread for Australia too.

Thanks.

Comments

• ziggyboyziggyboy Member PExer
    I'm more interested in knowing how long it takes to apply for a student visa to New Zealand.

I received my letter of offer (aka acceptance letter) to a university in Australia for the February 2003 semester one week after the embassy closed down. Imagine how I feel right now. :( Student visa processing for Australia takes at least 60 days.

I rushed applications to 3 New Zealand universities last week after I contacted them and confirmed that they accept late applicants for the February semester. However, I'm not sure if I will get in or if I do, how long student visa processing is for New Zealand.

Any help will be appreciated. I'm kinda lost now... Grabe, everything could be going just fine kung hindi lang nag-close yung embassy. :(
  • paruparaumuparuparaumu Kasapi PExer
    it would be better if you approach Trade New Zealand than doing it alone.

Trade New Zealand
    23rd floor, BPI Buendia Center
    Sen Gil Puyat Avenue
    (PO Box 3228 MCPO, 1272 Makati City)
    Makati City
    Phone: +63 2 891 4625
    Fax: +63 2 891 5458
    Education New Zealand
    New Zealand Immigration Service
  • bowen21bowen21 Member PExer
    can you any post an info regarding the Job Search Visa application i assessed myself via the online assessment and got 23 pts pero pwede raw yung Job Search Visa application 29 pts ata ang qualified if you got a job in 6 months that would be 5 pts plus if your married and she's a graduate of a 4 yeaar course plus 1 pt. bale 29 pts na. I want to know more info about this and how to apply for this...thanks!

the site for online assessment
  • pinaysrdbestpinaysrdbest kiwipinay PExer
    There had been a major change in immigration policies as of July 1, 2003. There would be no more job search visa. You should have an offer of employment once you apply for residency. And i think once you get approved, yu can't live in Auckland anymore coz Auckland is getting crowded by new migrants. Other parts of NZ is welcome. :)
  • eccentriQeccentriQ LOVE=strawberry PExer
    Gusto sana ng pamilya namin magmigrate sa New Zealand. May mga tanong lang po ako:

1) madali ba ang process ng pag-aapply as an immigrant?
    2) gano katagal ang pagbigay ng visa from the time na magsubmit kami ng application? gano katagal ang paghihintay namin para makaalis?
    3) kumusta ang buhay sa NZ? hindi ba nadidiscriminate ang pinoy don?
    4) anong mga requirements?

salamat po... :shy:
  • anghelanghel Mrs. Edward Cullen PExer
    Originally posted by bowen21
    can you any post an info regarding the Job Search Visa application i assessed myself via the online assessment and got 23 pts pero pwede raw yung Job Search Visa application 29 pts ata ang qualified if you got a job in 6 months that would be 5 pts plus if your married and she's a graduate of a 4 yeaar course plus 1 pt. bale 29 pts na. I want to know more info about this and how to apply for this...thanks!

the site for online assessment

i scored 110 out of 250. di naman sinabi kung pasado or bagsak. i would like to move there with my husband. di ko lang alam ang chances. san ba ang embassy dito ng new zealand and how can i find job there? pls help thanks.
  • cherub_08cherub_08 *&%#$/@* PExer
    hello everyone!

i would also like to migrate to NZ...actually, kaka-post ko lang sa Canada thread kasi mag-aapply din ako dun...medyo confused pa ko ngayon on where to apply although first choice ko sana NZ.

eccentriq, feeling ko mas madali mag-apply sa NZ. based sa website nila, you can have an online assessment first. if you pass the required mark (100pts), you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI). sabi don, this month daw you can submit it online pero wala pa din. anyhoo, you can just download the form and submit it at the NZ embassy in Makati. withink 3 months (i think), they will send you an invitation to apply as permanent resident assuming you are in the top xxxx of all who applied. after that, you'll just wait a few more months to get your visa. mabilis na daw since lahat ng requirements eh na-submit mo na dun sa EOI mo. if you didn't meet their qualifications, they'll send you a letter to inform you. if you want, you can submit again an EOI.

anghel, dun sa site nila, passing mark is 100pts so kung 110pts mo, pasado ka. you can submit an expression of interest. try visiting the site i posted above. official site nila yan.
  • theprophettheprophet Member PExer
    i just wanna ask to anyone with an idea of how to work there in New Zealand, i have a friend there now! who use my co workers before here in my present job in abroad! he just told me that he is planning to hire another staff for his bussness but he told me that he doesent know how to get me! presently im here in Republic of MALDIVES, working as a DJ (Disc Jockey!) for 5 years! now! by the way my friend is New Zealand citizen already! pls, advise me regarding this matter! thanks i will appreciate any help from all of you! DJ PROPHET!
  • cherub_08cherub_08 *&%#$/@* PExer
    ei prophet! you can visit http://www.immigration.govt.nz/Work/General+Work+Policy.htm for info on work visa/permit in NZ.
  • burnik2001burnik2001 Member PExer
    hey prophet,

why would u want to leave maldives for NZ?

Mas maganda diyan.Just stay there and seek new opportunities.
    cherub_08 thanks a lot sa info mo! someday i can repay you! in case na makapunta ako roon asin makapagtrabaho!

burnik2001, hi! to you yes you are right its beautiful here this is like a paradise home of most of the reachest and famous people in the world!for holiday distination!this is a small low lying coral &crystalize white sand island rich and abundant to all marine source! 1 Kilometer lenght 500 meters width! this is a 5 stars hotel /resort! this is the venue of 2001 miss world i was there if you watch that pageant!sa tabi namin ay banyan tree where MERRIAM QUIAMBAO & CLAUDIO RONDILLE having honeymoon now!di naman sa pag mamayabang sayo! i have a chance to see holleywood actor & actresess! like Brad Pitt& Jennefer Aniston, Bruce Willes, keven costner,madonna&family!famous F-1 riders,and many-many more!but for me its boring already to stay here! im 5years here already adventurer kasi ako iwant to reach and visit other country kung maypagkakataon! i just learn kasi when i open the tread ng NZ immigrant maganda daw mag work and to leave there! that why i ask help to any one who have a knowledge about NZ!by the way i work here as a DJ,,,
    kainggit ka naman pare. Oo nakabisita na ako once diyan pero walang celebrity na naabutan. Sa bagay, tma ka rin, nakakasaw in kung 5 years.

Good luck pare.
    Burnik2001, ah! youve been here before anong island hotel ang na puntahan mo? cuz, my compony is own another 4 hotels, here! Pls, Visit! www.villahotels-maldives,com # and my worksite is [email protected] # now imtrying to open the website na bigay ni cherub_08 Pexer din taas! saan ka pala sa Laguna cuz, noong di pa ako nag aabroad i used to stay dyan sa mga cousin ko! PACITA II complex at sa HARMONY SUBD< at sa GOLDEN CITY SUBD, sa STA, ROSA! anyway! napadaan lang ako sa tread na ito kasi may nakita akong NEW ZEALAND immigration so dumaan ako cuz, im interested sa place na iyan! bicolano ako ! so! i used to open sa BICOLANOS/BICOLANAS DIGDI KITA! then ni see the tread! so till then ! the prophet!
  • cherub_08cherub_08 *&amp;%#$/@* PExer
    hey prophet!! your an adventurer? cool! :cool: gusto ko din!! haha....i've always wanted to travel around without having to worry about where to stay or money to spend...hehe...mukhang ok ka dyan sa maldives ah....so nde ka na nasa-starstruck since parati ka naman nakaka-meet ng celebrities :D

sana maka-punta na tayo ng NZ....
    Hey prophet!

2 days kami sa Hakura resort. When i was training at HSBC sri lanka nag bakasyon kami doon.

Now I am in San Pablo unemployed while waiting for my USA visa.
    Originally posted by paruparaumu
    it would be better if you approach Trade New Zealand than doing it alone.

Trade New Zealand
    23rd floor, BPI Buendia Center
    Sen Gil Puyat Avenue
    (PO Box 3228 MCPO, 1272 Makati City)
    Makati City
    Phone: +63 2 891 4625
    Fax: +63 2 891 5458
    Education New Zealand
    New Zealand Immigration Service

yan din ba ang embassy ng new zealand dito sa pilipinas? i want to check the embassy kasi muna before completing my EOI.

meron ding daw branch na dito ang taurus something from india. sa mandaluyong ito. it is an agency. would be better to go directly sa new zealand site/embassy than hire the services of an agency?

thanks
    ngek natabunan na ang thread na ito pero ala pa ding sumasagot sa tanong ko :(
  • angel02angel02 Member PExer
    nag-aaccept pa ba NZ ng mga gusto mag-migrate?!
  • pinaysrdbestpinaysrdbest kiwipinay PExer
    Originally posted by anghel
    yan din ba ang embassy ng new zealand dito sa pilipinas? i want to check the embassy kasi muna before completing my EOI.

meron ding daw branch na dito ang taurus something from india. sa mandaluyong ito. it is an agency. would be better to go directly sa new zealand site/embassy than hire the services of an agency?

thanks

makikisagot lang po. pasensya na at ngayon lang ulit nakadalaw dito.

anghel, if i were you, kung talaga namang pasado ka na sa points system ng nz, i suggest na i-lodge mo na lang on your own ang papers mo. sayang lang ang pera mo if ever. andito ako sa auckland, nz at may mga pinoys na rin akong nakausap na nag lodge lang sila on their own. ako kasi, nag hire ako ng consultant. but i preferred it that way dahil ayaw ko ng hassles. ayaw ko nang nag-iisip. preference mo na lang din siguro kung malaki naman ang budget mo. but it seems, there is no assurance na pag nag hire ka ng consultant, makakarating ka rito. yung kasamahan ko sa trabaho dyan sa pinas, halos sabay lang kami nag lodge thru the same agency, sya di na makakaalis. ire-refund pa nga ang naibayad nya.

mahigpit ang nz embassy dyan sa makati. hindi sila nagpapa-akyat ng walang appointment. kung gusto mo, tumawag ka na lang muna sa embassy. kung malapit ka naman sa may bpi centre, magtanong ka dun sa mga guardia sa baba, yung mga guardia ng nz embassy. magbigay ka ng self-addressed stamped brown envelope. di ko na lang alam kung mga magkanong stamps aabuti. dati, 90 pesos yata. ipapadala nila sa yo mga reading materials about nz and other infos. good luck. :)
  • a2wakua2waku Once a man, twice a child PExer
    Originally posted by eccentriQ
    Gusto sana ng pamilya namin magmigrate sa New Zealand. May mga tanong lang po ako:

1) madali ba ang process ng pag-aapply as an immigrant?
    2) gano katagal ang pagbigay ng visa from the time na magsubmit kami ng application? gano katagal ang paghihintay namin para makaalis?
    3) kumusta ang buhay sa NZ? hindi ba nadidiscriminate ang pinoy don?
    4) anong mga requirements?

salamat po... :shy:

i'm a late poster! just got interested with this immigration to nz thing.. im here at wellington, new zealand. i got a job offer when i was still in the phil last year. got my residency approved. to answer some of your questions, based on friends' experiences and what i heard
    1. madali lang kung meron kang sapat na puntos at kung mahaba pasensya mo dahil hindi talaga maganda ang service ng mga tao dyan sa embassy ng nz sa manila..
    2. i think one year ata minimum processing kasi hindi dyan sa pilipinas inaayos ang permanent residency. dito sa nz mismo, sobrang dali lang..
    3. ok lang dito.. mababait ang mga tao, lahat nakangiti. kahit di mo kakilala, babatiin ka. sobra din sila magtiwala sa mga tao.

i hope this helps

dbforumlogo.jpg
    http://donboscoforum.vze.com/
    welcome kayong lahat dito!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file