contacts melting

i got this e-mail which was about this guy whose contacts melted... he was barbecuing, smoke got into his eyes, and his contacts melted. he was supposedly blinded for life.

i'm just wondering if this is really possible? i wear contacts, and i'm scared that the same thing might happen to me...

:hippie:

Comments

• MeAkoMeAko Membership PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    this makes as much sense as well...wag na lang.

contact lenses are made primarily of water...70% ata, so, I doubt a bbq can melt...well...water...
  • alemracalemrac Member PExer
    here's the e-mail i got. it sounded kinda convincing actually.
    Beware when wearing contact lenses - Important - Pls pass This to all your friends

To those who wear contact lenses, pls remove them when you have or attend a bbq party or whatsoever that got to do with flames...

I heard a horrible true story about contact lenses.... It happened to a 21 year old guy at Malacca, he wore a pair of contact lenses during a barbecue party.

While, he was barbecuing, he stared at the fire charcoals. After a few seconds, he started to scream for help and moved rapidly, jumping up and down. No one in the party knew why...

When he arrived at the Hospital, the doctor said he'll be blind permanently courtesy of the contact lenses that he worn.

Contact lenses are made by plastics, and the heat from the charcoal melted his contact lenses. ] > So, please tell all your friends.....

DO NOT WEAR CONTACT LENSES WHERE OVERHEAT AND FLAMES ARE CONCERNED...

:hippie:
  • IraIra Member PEx Rookie ⭐
    This one's another one of those ridiculous urban legends. While contact lenses do melt when placed atop anything warm, wearing lenses while cooking or barbecueing will not melt them. They will feel very uncomfortable and dry, but they won't melt unless you put your eyes so close that it's almost in direct contact to heat for several minutes. And assuming that the contact lenses melt, they won't automatically cause blindness.

Right, eyedoc? ;) (E-mail me, girl! I'm back and I owe you a you-know-what!)
  • eyedoceyedoc Member PExer
    Yup. sounds like an urban legend all right.

Hello, Ira! So nice to have you back! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file