Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

Frasier

Multi-awarded comedy known for its intellectual wisecracks and of course, that oh-so amusing fraternal relationship between Frasier and Niles Crane. And what about Marty Crane's best friend, Eddie the dog? Simply adorable!

I just love this show! My day's incomplete without watching at least one episode! :glee:

Comments

• one of the few funny shows out there.
  • Definitely. It doesn't have to succumb nor rely to slapstick or cheap shots to make the show humorous and rib-tickling.

Sadly though, not too many out there appreciates the show's unique yet refreshing style of comedy.
  • I love Frasier!!!

Fantastic comedic writing and the tightest ensemble acting I've seen since Friends.

Grabe ang gagaling talaga nilang lahat :D

Once I read an article wherein Jane Leeves, who plays Daphne Moon (Marty Crane's English nanny), said that being around Kelsey Grammer, David Hyde-Pierce, and John Mahoney is like attending master acting classes each taping, and Ms. Leeves is no slouch at performing either!

Frasier cast trivia:

Emmy winner Kelsey Grammer is the first actor in US television history to receive Emmy nominations for his performance as a character he created on three series. He received two Emmy nominations for his portrayal of Dr. Frasier Crane on "Cheers." His guest appearance as the vacationing Frasier Crane on NBC's "Wings" in 1992 earned him another Emmy nomination, as Outstanding Guest Actor in a Comedy Series. He received an Emmy as Best Actor in a Comedy Series in the debut season of "Frasier," in which he stars in the title role.

The real name of Eddie, Marty's smart aleck dog, is Moose. He's a Jack Russell terrier.

John Mahoney was born and raised in Manchester, England. After high school his family emigrated to the US, where he worked on erasing his British accent. That makes them two British-born actors on the cast of Frasier.

PS: Thank God for Starworld I get to see Frasier 7:30 weeknights!
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    I thought I was the only one who loved this show. It seems not a lot of Pinoys appreciate Frasier's kind of humor. A friend complained it's too 'intellectual'.
  • Originally posted by Ada
    I thought I was the only one who loved this show. It seems not a lot of Pinoys appreciate Frasier's kind of humor. A friend complained it's too 'intellectual'.

Weirdly enough, the cast of Frasier doesn't want the show to be touted as 'highbrow' or even 'intellectual'.

WITTY IN SEATTLE

Frasier: "So are you suggesting that I go along and pretend I'm enjoying myself in something that gives me no pleasure at all just to hear the words I love you?"
    Daphne: "Why not? Women have been doing it for centuries."

Niles: "My brother has impeccable taste in wine."
    Frasier: "Why, thank you, Niles"
    Niles: "It comes from all those years he was shacked up with a barmaid."

Frasier: "You know that Maris loves you, right? But it's still nice to hear it."
    Niles: "I imagine it would be, but lets stick to attainable goals!"

Niles: "For example, did you know this very lake is 89 meters deep and boasts 50 varieties of fish!"
    Frasier: "Oh, Alex, I'll take bodies of water for $500."

Niles: "I _do_ love Maris. Why, the other week I kissed her for absolutely no reason at all!"

Frasier: "I never thought I'd end up yearning for the bed and bass!"

Frasier: "He's not gay!"
    Niles: "He seems to be under that impression."

Niles: "Call me Ishmael!"

Niles: holding his taped-up flour sack "I accidentally ran him through."

Martin: "Remember when we turned off the highway? Well, right down from there is the Bed and Bass Motel!"
    Frasier: "Bed and Bass -- ah yes, one of the finer fish-themed motels!"

Niles: "I really am king of the ninnies aren't I?"

Niles: "I dreamt someone kidnapped my baby and they kept sending me muffins in the mail."

Frasier: "Ah, Niles! Look at you! Now are you sure you're going to be warm enough?"
    Niles: "No problem there, I dressed in layers: Polo, Eddie Bauer, and Timberland!"
    Frasier: "You look like a skinny Elmer Fudd!"

Frasier to member of the Empire Club about Niles: "You'd be hard-pressed to find a bigger snob in the entire room!"

Niles: "Maris can't produce saliva, you see."

Niles: "I had no idea how much I liked fishing until I realized all the shopping involved."

Niles: "...She's lying down on all the coats in the bedroom. Maris tires easily under the pressure of being interesting."

Frasier: (looks at watch)
    Martin: "I saw that!"
    Frasier: "I'm not bored, I was simply wondering how long we've been sitting here enjoying ourselves."

Niles: "Dad, did you know that Lake Nomohegan was formed by the retreat of several glaciers during the Cenezoic Era?
    Fraiser: "Which, coincidentally, is the last time anyone caught a fish in it!"

Frasier in reference to his gay boss: "...I can't understand how he would think that. We only talked about the theatre and fashion...Oh Dear God!"
  • I just loooove this show!
    Great cast, great humor! You wouldn't want to miss hearing a single word!
  • Originally posted by archt_marj14
    Weirdly enough, the cast of Frasier doesn't want the show to be touted as 'highbrow' or even 'intellectual'.

it isnt. its wacky and witty and sarcastic in such a funny way. i specially like the episode when frasier had a date coming over and martin fell on his hips and they were out in the hallway and frasier was yelling at his father to get up because his date would show up any minute. the elevator door then opens and the date saw the the whole thing. :lol:

you have to see it to appreciate it
    Niles: "For example, did you know this very lake is 89 meters deep and boasts 50 varieties of fish!"
    Frasier: "Oh, Alex, I'll take bodies of water for $500."

:lol:
  • My favorite episode would have to be the one where Frasier directs a radio drama. Niles had to play several characters and nothing was going the way it was supposed to in the script. I nearly dislocated my spine laughing :D
  • Originally posted by parity
    My favorite episode would have to be the one where Frasier directs a radio drama. Niles had to play several characters and nothing was going the way it was supposed to in the script. I nearly dislocated my spine laughing :D

yeah, that was a great ep! Frasier was so oc-oc about their time limit that he ended up with minutes of dead air after the cast walked out! :D

Eddie, Martin Crane's dog, is just so adorable and funny. Especially when he just stares into Frasier and Niles which irks them lyk hell. :lol:

I liked the ep where Frasier acquires an antique chess set and after several games with his dad, ended up obsessing over beating him, to the point that he set off the fire alarm and offered his dad $5000 just to get him to play one last game! :glee:
    Frasier to Niles: "I see you're still waiting for that spine donor!"
  • Tridagger_XTridagger_X PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by archt_marj14
    Multi-awarded comedy known for its intellectual wisecracks and of course, that oh-so amusing fraternal relationship between Frasier and Niles Crane. And what about Marty Crane's best friend, Eddie the dog? Simply adorable!

I just love this show! My day's incomplete without watching at least one episode! :glee:

i like Frasier, too! especially the scenes with Marty Crane cracking jokes and Eddie the dog. it's so hilarious! and i love the catchy end theme song.

Frasier End Theme
    And maybe I hear the blues are calling tossed salads and scrambled eggs.
    And maybe I seemed a bit confused, yeah maybe, but I got you babe,
    but I don't know what to do with those tossed salads and scrambled eggs... they're calling again.

kyo-cvs-flameblow.gifmai-cvs-mebouncy.gif
    A fiery combination.
  • I can't get the end theme out of my head! :glee:
  • i love this show!!! :D
  • Frasier sort of reminded me of my dad with last night's ep. He kept saying how he's not afraid of needles but when he was given the flu shot he screamed like a madman! :lol:
  • Star World replayed the 'Radio Show' epsiode again last night. Yet it still cracked me up like crazy! I hope Star World never stops their daily broadcast of Frasier. I'll miss it like hell! :glee:

Niles to Frasier (in a pissed off voice) Don't.....direct me!
  • This is the only show that can send me into a roaring laughter, along with Six Feet Under.

My favorite episode was the one where Niles was consistantly questioning Frasier if he was happy in their coffee shop. All these interruptions kept popping that led to Niles having to leave with Frasier not being able to answer the question.

When the waitress gave Frasier his coffee and asked if he was happy about it (Non-fat, no cream.......) Frasier slyly said..."In the grand scheme of things...I guess I do am happy."

Never have I seen a show brilliantly showing the marriage of humor and philosophy.

I also have a favorite line that I got from Frasier when Daphne was trying to cheer him up coz he lost a game of chess to his Dad...."Daphne, I'd rather have a tarantula lay eggs in my ear than listen to you singing."

BTW, you people also enjoy Boston Public, Six Feet Under, Titus and Drew Carey show?:p
  • this is the only sitcom that i watch regularly. the others can go away for all i care.
  • Originally posted by Ada

oh me too. i thought i was the only one who watches Frasier too. i guess people thinks na this is too intellectual because both men are psychiatrist. i love this show. very well written and i love the situations they get themselves into. i am so glad na star world is rerunning the eppys from season one. i just love niles... he's my fave character!

but i love frasier too.

martin and eddie - they are too funny!

daphne and roz? oh my gosh i love these women! i especially love daphne's accent! :)

wait - while we're on this frasier subject - does anyone here watch cheers too? i love that show! i was kinda sad that diane chambers is no longer in the show. :)
  • Niles: Well, according to my journal, something more provocative happened
    during that same period. Here. Read this. (hands over book)
    Frasier: (reading) 'Though summer at the lake seems but a vapid, vaccuous
    experience, it is a necessary tonic for my troubled youth..'
    Niles, how old were you when you wrote this?
    Niles: Almost nine. :lol: Which explains the redundancy. 'Vapid' and 'Vaccuous'
    Frasier: Well..
    Niles: By ten, my writng had gotten considerably tighter.
    Frasier: Amongst other things.
    Niles: The point is that same night, I crept out onto the screen porch,
    leaving the lights off so not to attract bats and moths. As I
    peered out through the darkness, between the trees I saw the
    figures of dad and Mrs Lawler in each others arms. I think it's
    pretty clear what happened, Frasier. Dad and Mrs Lawler had an
    affair.
    Frasier: Oh, come on Niles. Look, I appreciate your attempt to spice up
    our family history, but really, look, we're not a Jackie Collins
    novel, it's ridiculous.
    Niles: Is it? All right, allow me to present exhibit B. This is a photo
    album mom prepared of photos from the same period.

Daphne enters, and comes over to look. Niles takes a quick sniff
    of her hair.

Daphne: Ooh, I love to see old family photos. My goodness. What a handsome
    sinewy young bloke.
    Frasier: Yeah, that was our dad.
    Daphne: You two take after your mother, don't you?

niles rocks! :D
  • FRASIER Finally Returns to Star World this February! :glee: