Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Easy to cook food if you're living alone :)

13»

Comments

• I eat a lot of salads. One of my favorites (which I myself concocted) is what I call Pringles delight:

Procedure:
    Mix mayonaisse with a teaspoon of fried shallots (which you can buy in a pack from a grocery store) and Pringles (yes, the chips, preferably, cheese flavor)! Toss with fresh lettuce and carrot bits. No need to cook! Yummy!

I also made up my own concoction of "mushroom" carbonara which is very simple. You will need butter, mushrooms, garlic (lots of!) milk and whipped cream (plus spring onions for garnish).

Procedure:
    1. Fry the garlic using the butter. Wait till the garlic becomes golden brown. Then toss in the mushrooms. Fry it till it becomes ready. Pour in the whipped cream (on the pan) and then add some milk so the sauce won't be too thick/heavy. Enjoy! (If you want to see some green color on your carbonara, you can put in bits of spring onion. Or if you want it to be even healthier, you can try adding some brocolli!)
  • When ur alone it’s actually the time that you should whip up sumting delectable!

At least solo mo walang kaagaw…pero kung di ka masarap magluto dusa ka!!

Easiest meals to cook would be…

Canned corned beef,tuna, SArdines sautéed in butter, onions ang oyster sauce

Sauteed ground pork with a green veggie mix

Fried whatever!!!!

Better yet mag-PADELIVER ka na lang…la pang hassle!!
  • Here's a super easy recipe for delicious pork steaks.
    This is a winner at my place.

10 pieces pork roast cuts or pork chops

Barbeque Dry Rub
    1-1/4 cups white sugar
    1-1/4 cups brown sugar
    1/2 cup salt
    1/4 cup freshly ground black pepper
    1/4 cup paprika

Directions
    1 In a dry container, combine white sugar, brown sugar,
    salt, pepper and paprika; mix well. Rub into pork 20 minutes
    before grilling.

*** I don't really grill. I cheat! If your microwave has a grill function then this is the perfect recipe to use it. Just set the grill timer for 15 minutes , "grill", then turn over the chops/roasts and "grill" for another 15 minutes. You can also use a stove top grill or a conventional oven.

fry a pack of frozen fries and make some salad and you'll
    have a Great and hassle free meal!
  • Personally, lutongbahay is da best...one recent discovery..."Pinatisang Manok"...

Ingredients:

1 whole chkn
    1/3 cup Patis
    about 1" ginger, sliced finely
    Pork fat( as a substitue for cooking oil)
    Sili

Procedure:

Use pork fat to brown the chicken
    once browned, add ginger
    add patis and let simmer/reduce (low fire), so's the patis is easily absorbed by the chicken
    add sili when almost done

A good siding of veggies wuld be Bok Choy with Oyster sauce and sliced squid balls...yum...A