Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

What Special Dish can You Cook/Prepare for your Date?

2»

Comments

• Pareng W_A_G,

Nice thread....I remember your buko salads.
    I know your busy.

I'll try Black Rose's Beef And Portabella Mushroom Fajitas

Later Pards,

• this is an interesting topic that shouldn't die just yet....
  • depends on my date really. if im all out to impress, i do a full course meal, complete with wine, from the hors d'oeuvre right down to the espresso.

heres my ultimate impress a date main courses:

lobster ravioli (made from scratch)
    mushroom risotto
    duck a l'orange (orange flavored duck)
  • I'd probably find out what kinds of dishes my date likes. Suwerte if I already know how to make them or kung simple lang talaga. If not, I'd try to learn how to make it siguro if there's time pa. Kung wala na, I'd settle for something I know well. :)

Of course it's assumed that it is a really big date and probably not a first date. :)
  • try mo pasta ... girls love pasta....
  • DELISYUSDELISYUS PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    know what your man is fond of.....if he's a sandwich kind of guy....a mixture of cream cheese, mayo, chopped onions, chinese petchay, grated cheese and cucumber slices may do the work.....

if he's a dessert kind of guy....well......i can make cheesecake or cathedral windows for him.....

if he's a seafood kind of person.....i'm gonna make this chopsuey-type seafood mix....

or....crabs and shrimps in sweet chili sauce
  • Being a kapampangan I usually make:

Sisig
    Kare-Kare
    Tinapang Grilled na Daing na Bangus
    Buro with steamed veggies

Kapag di naman native:

Grilled lambchop with redwine sauce
    Garden Salad with Honey mustard dressing
    Lobster bisque soup
    Buttered asparagus, carrots and baby potatoes

Now I'm hungry!
  • since i don't cook that often, pangarap lang ito, but if ever my honey would be so fortunate that we have the time to sit down to a real meal that I made, the dish would probably be

mushroom soup, beef stroganoff, mango crepes and vanilla ice cream with tons and tons of iced tea.

on a more realistic note, malamang e i'd just bake crinckles, make her favorite adobo, pasta or noodle dish, and tons of iced tea pa rin.
  • White Chocolate Cr?me Kahlua
    Serves 2

250ml full cream milk
    100g white chocolate, broken into small pieces
    1 egg
    1 egg yolk
    1 tbsp caster sugar
    ? tsp vanilla essence
    6 tbsp Kahlua

You will also need 2 ramekins or ovenproof teacups, or use 1 small pudding bowl (for 2 to share), about 400ml capacity
    Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/gas mark 2. Boil the kettle for a bain-marie.
    Heat the milk and white chocolate gently in a small saucepan, stirring occasionally until the chocolate is melted. Take care not to let it boil.
    Beat together the whole egg, egg yolk and sugar and slowly stir in the milk and chocolate mixture. Add the vanilla essence and 2 tbsp Kahlua and pour through a fine sieve into the ramekins or pudding bowl.
    Set the ramekins or bowl into a small roasting tin and half-fill with boiling water. Bake for 20-25 minutes (or slightly longer for a larger bowl) until the custard has set but is still wobbly. Cool completely then chill in the fridge.
    To serve, carefully run a small knife around the edge of the ramekins or bowl, turn out onto dessert plates. Pour the rest of the Kahlua over the top.
  • Originally posted by congster
    depends on my date really. if im all out to impress, i do a full course meal, complete with wine, from the hors d'oeuvre right down to the espresso.

heres my ultimate impress a date main courses:

lobster ravioli (made from scratch)
    mushroom risotto
    duck a l'orange (orange flavored duck)

dude, akala ko specialty mo arrozcaldo?

just kidding.:lol:
  • Originally posted by Stiletto

dude, akala ko specialty mo arrozcaldo?

just kidding.:lol:

:lol:
  • www.allrecipes.com

try the Creamy Pesto Shrimp Pasta *okay*
  • -beef and mushrooms with oyster sauce
    -chicken adobo
    -seafood chopsuey
    -mushroom soup

for dessert:

-fruit salad
    -ice cream
  • Contrary to what some may opine, cooking pasta would be a good start and it's EZ to do. My first attempt at cookng involved spaghettini with a nice simple sauce. The ingredients are:

Extra virgin olive oil
    Finely chopped garlic
    Pat of unsalted butter
    Fillets of anchovies in oil
    Dried basil leaves
    Freshly milled black pepper
    One bird's eye chili (siling labuyo) sliced thinly
    A handful Spaghettini cooked according to package instructions.
    Parmesan cheese

Just saute the garlic in at least 3 tablespoons over a low flame and don't brown it. Add the pat of butter then the anchovies. Sprinkle some of the dried basil leaves and the freshly milled black pepper. Sprinkle a quantity of the thinly sliced chili. This should all be cooked in less than 6 minutes.

Add the spaghettini over this mixture and serve on a plate. Sprinkle parmesan cheese and black pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread which had been brushed with extra virgin olive oil and rubbed with a garlic clove, then lightly toasted.

All quantities of the ingredients I did by feel so it would be a good idea to experiment and practice first. But I managed to cook up a decent and edible dish on my first try. Just go EZ on the chilis. You may also add champignon and/or bacon bits. But that makes it just a lil more complicated for you.

If you are feeling really lucky and wanna make it just a lil bit more elaborate, grill a few deli type sausages like schublig, italian garlic or hungarian or even longganisa that you think will be acceptable to your date. Serve with your pasta dish. You can also buy a bottle of wine to go with this dish. Don't ask me though cuz I don't know much about wines.

Good luck!
  • *keyah**keyah* PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I cook a great breakfast - hotdogs, eggs, ham, bacon - prito prito. Yun lang kaya ko eh. Hehe!

*okay* *pusa*