Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

What Special Dish can You Cook/Prepare for your Date?

I just need "more" inputs from fellow PEXers on this subject of love. If you decide to "cook for love"...What Special Dish can You Cook for your Date? How about cooking for your BF/GF? Any Suggestions (Recipes)?

Thanks,

WAG_Junior

[This message has been edited by what_a_guy (edited 04-30-2000).]

Comments

• i have a lot of recipes that are good but i don't have time to post them now.. i shall return..

i think maybe grilled chicken with pecan sauce and a side of veggies.. then french kisses for dessert (pagkain 'to..)

then your homemade cookies or brownies with the secret ingredient: LOVE (yuck, korny)
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    what_a_guy: Cook your date anything as long as it's edible. Don't worry about impressing her with out-of-this world dishes, it's the fact that you can cook that counts. Besides, if you cooked something you've never cooked before and made a mess of it, what will you feed her then? Better stick with something you know how to cook. It's a lot safer. Just my $0.02.

Btw, you're no longer a junior. ;)

• oops.. hindi pala grilled chicken w/ pecan sauce.. pecan chicken with cream sauce.. sabi raw good with wild rice (whatever tha heck that is)..

INGREDIENTS:
    2 pounds boneless skinless breasts, pound flat
    1/2 cup finely ground pecans
    1/2 cup bread crumbs
    3 egg whites
    2 tablespoons stone ground mustard
    2 cups heavy cream
    2 more tablespoons stone ground mustard
    1 stick of butter (at least)

DIRECTIONS:
    Mix pecans and bread crumbs. Beat egg whites until slightly foamy. Mix in 2 tablespoons stone ground mustard. Dip chicken into the egg mixture, then coat with pecans. Saute in butter till cooked through, Keep warm in oven. Add cream to the pan drippings. Stir in remaining 2 Tablespoons mustard. Place chicken on serving platter, spoon sauce over it.

Yield: 4 Servings

tips: >;>;if you can't find stone ground mustard, i guess dijon or plain will do
    >;>;if you can't find heavy cream or masyadong mahal yung imported.. use the Nestle cream na lang
    >;>;pecans cost about 180 pesos per bag but you'll have a lot left over (for cookies or whatever)..

and Ada's right.. if you really go for something difficult, you still have the risk of messing it up..

but i find the recipe i posted simple enough... happy eating :D

• ahh dessert..

FRENCH KISSES (the dessert!)

INGREDIENTS:
    3 egg whites room temperature
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 cup sugar
    2 drops red food coloring
    1 teaspoon almond extract
    1 1/4 cups shredded coconut

DIRECTIONS:
    Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Place the eggs whites in a
    glass mixing bowl with salt Beat until the whites are
    stiff. Slowly add 1 cup of sugar beating constantly.
    Mix in food coloring, almond extract and coconut using
    a slow deliberate mix to avoid deflating the mixture.
    Drop the mixture from a teaspoon onto a greased and well-
    floured baking sheet. Bake about 30 minutes. Turn oven
    off and let kisses sit in oven for 1 1/2 hours

Enjoy!

and if you don't have an oven, just forget it.. don't compromise with a turbo broiler like i did (BAD IDEA :blush: )
  • Ada,

Uyy..I did not even notice...Yehey...member na ako...soon to be an addict. I will try black rose's recipe first with a friend. Then my back up plan is the Thai and Italian restaurant just a couple blocks down my street..hehehe...

Black Rose,

Goodah. I am off to the market to get the ingredients. I will report back as to how the food turned out. The french kisses looks interesting. Thanks so much.

what_a_guy: Happy cooking! I hope you blow away your date's taste buds [lemme know if the chicken dish tastes great so I can try it out as well.] :)
  • what_a_guy: only to happy to share with you something you might need in the future..

wait.. totally unrelated question for Ada: how do you make the block lettering sa reply?
  • usually people prepare pasta for their dates. :)
  • IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ...just don't make spaghetti. There's nothing romantic in seeing your date slurping in a long thread of spaghetti. And it's also a little awkward on your date's part to keep her poise while struggling with spaghetti. Have mercy on her! ;)
    black rose: Please read this. :)
  • Lucky-me Pancit Canton!
    Tops na ako don!
    heheheheheheh
    angel.gif
  • ty.. Ada still waitingto hear from what a guy.. i want to know how my recipe worked for him...
  • green gringreen grin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    what_a_guy hasn't posted since. is....is...that good?
  • bakit green grin may date ka ba?? sige, try mo... the french kisses are something like merengues na hindi..

hey, feel free to share... i do
  • green gringreen grin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    thanks, black rose. i will try it. ;)
    Oo nga ano, hindi pa nagpo-post uli si what_a_guy. Ano na kaya ang nangyari sa kanya?
  • Road DoggRoad Dogg PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Aba! Pareho pala kami ni Y2K-G_21 ng specialty! Magaling din ako sa pagluto ng Lucky Me! Instant Pancit Canton! Pero kung nagmamadali, malamang Lucky Me! Supreme! na lang para may sabaw pa! :D
  • oo nga.. saan na si what_a_guy... ang tagal naman.. cguro i'll check back here in a week to see how it worked for him..

lets hope he's not hospitalized due to his kitchen exploding lol.giflol.giflol.gif

cruel joke.. sorry *ashamed* :*(

[This message has been edited by black rose (edited 05-12-2000).]
  • jackjack PExer
    i usually cook pasta for my girl. ;)
  • i know i said i'd check back in a week, but i found another good one... but this only works if you're really comfortable with your date..
    coz, you know how you eat these...

Beef And Portabella Mushroom Fajitas

Serve this quick entree with your favorite salsa.

Serves 2

8 ounces Flank Steak, cut into thin strips across the grain
    3 ounces Portabella mushrooms, cut into strips
    1 medium Onion, cut into thin strips
    1 medium Green pepper, seeded and cut into thin strips
    4 Flour Tortillas
    Oil
    Salsa

Heat the oil in a heavy skillet. Add the onions and peppers
    and cook until just soft. Remove from the pan. Add the beef
    and mushrooms and cook for 3-5 minutes. Heat the tortillas
    in the oven until soft. Add the onions, peppers, beef, and
    mushrooms to the tortillas. Top with salsa if desired.