Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Where to buy those hard-to-find ingredients (or possible substitutes)

Comments

• You can buy lentils in most SM Supermarkets.

@Mree - I saw vanilla beans being sold in Spices n Flavors in Market-Market. It looks like dried string beans and sold at 160 pesos for a 5 inch long piece
  • You can buy lentils in most SM Supermarkets.

@Mree - I saw vanilla beans being sold in Spices n Flavors in Market-Market. It looks like dried string beans and sold at 160 pesos for a 5 inch long piece

Thanks bert for the info. I'll go there probably next week. It's much more expensive than I thought it would be. But it should be worth it.
  • rendakurendaku PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ... Some PEXers might be of help (and right now, I need your help guys) :D
    Where can I buy a liquor flask?

There's decor store in SM Megamall (2nd floor, Mega A, beside Manels, I think, sorry baka mailigaw kita) They sell imported decorative items. I saw metal-clad liquor flasks there (which i wanted to buy for myself but resisted the forming habit) when I once bought a silver jewelry box.
  • rendakurendaku PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sorry--doble.
  • vanilla bean pod, dun sa may chef's nook sa may pilar street, mandaluyong tel no. 724-5812.

mozzarella, cottage, cream, kesong puti, blue, edam/gouda, processed cheese, sa DTRI sa UP Los Banos, they make a local version there, but you have to reserve ata. lagi out of stock kapag nagpupunta kami, but i have tasted the kesong puti and is yummy. DTRI Dairy Bar office tel.# 049 536 2203

cheese cloth, katsa nga yan tawag, any fabric store, or even use the flour sack. when you buy flour by the sack at the palengke, they come in a cloth sack.

lentils, try the indian stores in manila, near the temple malapit dun sa Unilever offices ata.
  • mytitagirl wrote: »
    lentils, try the indian stores in manila, near the temple malapit dun sa Unilever offices ata.

Assad's :)
  • Where can I buy Planters Cheese Curls?

..tagal ko na naghahanap e..
  • san makakabili/order ng cupcakes na na-feature sa Kids on Q? tnx!
  • where can I buy stainless chopsticks? within sa malls sana...thanks
  • BeerhandBopBeerhandBop PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    "where can I buy stainless chopsticks? within sa malls sana...thanks"

try korean grocery stores. stainless chopsticks are a korean table utensil. :)
  • ^^^^ thanks for the reply. Lagi kasing out of stock sa japanese stores..
  • sherleh wrote: »
    san makakabili/order ng cupcakes na na-feature sa Kids on Q? tnx!

madaming nagbebenta ng novelty cupcakes ngayon. meron yung yummy piece of cake, cuptails and dreams and the latest one are dolce cupcakes. kung may pambatang theme at kakaibang flavors baka yun yung yummy piece of cake.
  • Where can I buy lentils:?:

:rpflag:

you can them at santi's and selected healthy options branches
  • gerbilgerbil PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    sherleh wrote: »
    san makakabili/order ng cupcakes na na-feature sa Kids on Q? tnx!

try contacting cake suppliers like kitchen krafts, french kiss pastries, cake craft (cakecraft.multiply.com), gervy, etc. contact numbers usually posted sa mga wedding sites. search mo na lang. around 28-35 pesos per cupcake, depende sa supplier
  • gerbilgerbil PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    How about yung sauce sa tempura (yung brown)? I don't know what it's called.
  • CoolCucumberCoolCucumber PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Nakabili kami niyan dati sa Korean-Japanese grocery store. :)

@ripples: thank you for your reply :)

:rpflag:
  • saan makakabili ng applesauce?
  • can you share your whipped cream recipe? i would really appreciate it..
    Whipped cream is easy enough to make. You need the cream to be at room temperature (ie not fresh from the fridge). If you have those Nestle all purpose cream in the little boxes that's easily done but if you have fresh cream from the fridge leave it out for about an hour. If you use cream straight from the fridge, instead of rising your cream will turn to butter instead.

For the sugar I suggest using confectioner's sugar (powdered). Granulated is too heavy and will not let your whipped cream rise.

Beat your cream until it starts to rise then you can slowly add your sugar. Be careful that you don't beat for too long because you could knock all the air out of it.
  • sherleh wrote: »

This is something used in Japanese cooking right? Have you tried Japanese/Korean stores? They might even be able to recommend a good brand...
  • would you guys know any deli store that sells ground veal? (not the cooked sausage kind sold at santi's) thanks.