Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

My anime-style online comix... pls take a look :D

I think i saw a thread posted by some guy/girl asking criticism about his/her art... sensya na at nakikigaya ako :lol:

anyway, i am currently working on an online comic book, which is based on a novel i wrote 2 years ago. I kinda added and subtracted stuff from it in order to make it into a comic.

so here is the url... some of u have seen this before but anyways...

http://www.geocities.com/bk_killer21

feel free to criticize the art, story, user-friendliness of site, site design, etc... (but im more interested in art and story criticism)

==========
ced_avatar.jpg
==========

Comments

• the art: did you start this in high school? Crude at the start but it gets cleaner in the more recent ones. My advice for you even if you're using manga style art is that you should also study proper proportion of the human anatomy (the same goes for those wanting to go into cartooning). That's the very first step in drawing comics. Take your time to do your best in each and every work. Use rulers for your panels and try to draw from life whenever you have time. Use a mirror and practice facial expressions, action poses and hand gestures in front of it. That way you would improve the whole lot. The arrows on page 5 weren't really necessary since the flow of the panels were already apparent. And you could also do away with the marks of the blue pencils when you set the scanner to grayscale and adjust the whole thing using the level command in Photoshop.

story: this is one of your strengths in the comic. I like the pacing of the story and the dialogue. I really like it a lot. :D

user-friendliness of site: I think it's good and very much user friendly except for the part where I have to click a whole lot before I could start reading the comics. You could apply at Keenspace, they'll take care of the whole thing. They put the pages in front and they take care of the calendars, even chapter headings. I'm reading The Class Menagerie and General Protection Fault and they're one of the very good examples of these kinds of web comics.

site design: could be better. Use more of your artwork to enchance the aesthetic appeal of your site.

Keep up the great work! *okay*
  • Originally posted by kartoonista
    the art: did you start this in high school? Crude at the start but it gets cleaner in the more recent ones. My advice for you even if you're using manga style art is that you should also study proper proportion of the human anatomy (the same goes for those wanting to go into cartooning). That's the very first step in drawing comics. Take your time to do your best in each and every work. Use rulers for your panels and try to draw from life whenever you have time. Use a mirror and practice facial expressions, action poses and hand gestures in front of it. That way you would improve the whole lot. The arrows on page 5 weren't really necessary since the flow of the panels were already apparent. And you could also do away with the marks of the blue pencils when you set the scanner to grayscale and adjust the whole thing using the level command in Photoshop.

story: this is one of your strengths in the comic. I like the pacing of the story and the dialogue. I really like it a lot. :D

user-friendliness of site: I think it's good and very much user friendly except for the part where I have to click a whole lot before I could start reading the comics. You could apply at Keenspace, they'll take care of the whole thing. They put the pages in front and they take care of the calendars, even chapter headings. I'm reading The Class Menagerie and General Protection Fault and they're one of the very good examples of these kinds of web comics.

site design: could be better. Use more of your artwork to enchance the aesthetic appeal of your site.

Keep up the great work! *okay*

---yep! I started this in high school.

1998 - basic scripts and sketches and char design
    1999 - novel form of BK[killer instinct] and BK[in my eyes]
    2000 - first attempt on making it a comic (BL[in my eyes])
    January 2001 - got the 1st page of BK[killer instinct] online.

---Thanks... u seemed to like the story. :D While i'd been thinkin that the dialoge and charas are kinda lame :(

---Ya... true... especially with the 1st tagalog chapters.
    I tried applying at keenspace but it took such a looooooooong time. until i decided to use other free hosting sites (eg. geocities,bravenet, etc) Btw, i dont like the screenflow of most keenspace comics. I'd prefer comics with a screenflow similar to my site or any screenflow in where you can get back at a chapter easily. :D

---thanks for criticizing it. i really appreciated that u took some time. :)
  • my first reaction was...wow magling cguro tong guy na to...and then when i saw the wp...

wtf is this...? it looks like you did this on microsoft paint...

if i were you i would make my art a little better to look at b4 putting it up in a hp for all of the world to see... yeesh.

anyway i like the story... :evilgrin:
    but u better improve yur art.

"人の本当の性質は血の戦いでしか見つけられることができない..."
  • QuentinQuentin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ugh. nutting left for me to comment on. they all mentioned it already. at least you're keeping at it. i feel hopeless with mine.
  • Originally posted by E£ë¢t®øñí¢ DEâd
    my first reaction was...wow magling cguro tong guy na to...and then when i saw the wp...

wtf is this...? it looks like you did this on microsoft paint...

if i were you i would make my art a little better to look at b4 putting it up in a hp for all of the world to see... yeesh.

anyway i like the story... :evilgrin:
    but u better improve yur art.

"人の本当の性質は血の戦いでしか見つけられることができない..."

you mustve seen the first part only. damn right the first drawings suck. I was 15 years old when i did em :lol: try checkin out the newer ones... they keep getting cleaner and obviously improve. :)

and dont worry bout offending me... im already used to absorbing sh!t from my own flesh and blood (drama :lol: )

anyway, thanks for checkin it out :D
  • QuentinQuentin PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    at least yours have some substance. it's equally important as the artwork.