Home PEx International Entertainment General Entertainment
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

24 - Season Two

pangsaypangsay PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
Yoshi said... start a new thread. so, there you go...

Last season, he saved the future President's life. So what's Kiefer Sutherland going to do for an encore? The clock is ticking on Fox's addictive, adrenaline-fueled thriller, 24, which returns with a nuclear-powered second season.

The Fox thriller ''24,'' which premieres its second season commercial-free on Oct. 29, is coming off a very good year -- having earned critical raves, a Golden Globe for star Kiefer Sutherland, and a writing Emmy for the show's creators. But this year, just as the producers refuse to make things easy for Sutherland's CIA agent Jack Bauer -- putting him, his daughter, or thousands of lives in peril at least once an hour -- they've refused to take the easy route with their drama in a season that is, appropriately, do-or-die. After battling to maintain their groundbreaking yet risky real-time format (24 one-hour episodes add up to one 24-hour adventure/national nightmare for Bauer), they've concocted a horrendously topical terrorism story line for their emotionally damaged, trigger-giddy protagonist to tackle. Bauer wasn't exactly Mr. Warmth last season, but now the grieving agent makes Andy Sipowicz look like Andy Griffith.

''Jack doesn't really care anymore,'' says Sutherland. ''Whatever boundaries he had last year are pretty much gone now. Last year's promo was great: 'I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the longest day of my life.' Now maybe it's 'I'm federal agent Jack Bauer, and today is the most violent day of my life.'''

EXCITING!!!

Comments

• I love this show my favorite drama next to Six Feet Under.

There are lots of things going on with the first show, many characters are introduced, unlike last season were it was the Bauer family and CTU. I can't wait to see how the events unravel.
  • I missed the first few seconds because I changed the channel during that very long and stupid Ford commercial. What did Jack say? "This is the longest day of my life" ba?
  • I have never watched a single episode of season 1. Well, I started watching the first episode of season 1 last year but I got freakin' bored.
    Is the show really exciting to watch? If I didn't catch the first season, would I be lost if I started watching the 2nd season? If you forget to watch a single episode, will the next episode still make sense, or is an episode totally dependent on the previous episode?
  • Originally posted by heymikey
    I have never watched a single episode of season 1. Well, I started watching the first episode of season 1 last year but I got freakin' bored.
    Is the show really exciting to watch? If I didn't catch the first season, would I be lost if I started watching the 2nd season? If you forget to watch a single episode, will the next episode still make sense, or is an episode totally dependent on the previous episode?

I have not watched the complete season 1 myself but based on the premier epi last night, I must agree that it's going to be exciting.

It is more advisable not to miss a single episode.
  • pangsaypangsay PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by SIOPAO MAN
    I missed the first few seconds because I changed the channel during that very long and stupid Ford commercial. What did Jack say? "This is the longest day of my life" ba?

can't remember but it could be... you might be talking about the scene where jack was watching his daughter from afar.