Home PEx Sports PBA

Bring back the 12 minutes per quarter in the PBA!

What is the meaning of this? Only a number of rule changes in the PBA this All-Filipino cup. If you’re going to ask me, at least, I want each quarter returned back to 12 minutes, no more jump-balls in the beginning of the second to the fourth quarter, and return to the farther 3-point line (or was it restored?). For me, this rule changes are a win-win situation for the players, and for the fans.

Indeed!

Comments

• bat naman?well okei lang namna na 10 mins per quarter eh....at least masanay naman sila sa amateur rules...
  • I wish that PBA will return to its olf format next year. I really don't like the new rules.
  • color_s_Kaboinkcolor_s_Kaboink PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ok lang ang rules ngayon...ang baguhin nila is yung format nila....1 conference na lang ang may import
  • ayos yan! one all-pinoy conf, one import-conf, and one invitational conf with teams from other counries like china, korea, japan, aus, etc.
  • Originally posted by drizzt3
    ayos yan! one all-pinoy conf, one import-conf, and one invitational conf with teams from other counries like china, korea, japan, aus, etc.

mas okay yan
    pero sana i-keep na nila ang amateur rules
    ok lang na i-increase ang minutes per quarter (10-12 min.) at habaan ang 3 point line

at sana man lang pasalihin na nila sa ABC ang mga players
    PBA is too selfish for its own good , bansa muna bago ang sarili
  • At bakit naman, aber? Ayaw nyo bang magkaroon ng Gold Medal sa Asiad in let's say 4, 8, 12 more years? If you want to adapt to the Fiba rules, you've got to do it all, or nothing. You've got to go for the big Poontang Pie and not toy with the fundamental rules. The little rules, okey lang. But not stuff like quarter limits, foul limits, three-point line, and especially the defensive schemes.
  • neth_rowneth_row PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Diba yung foul limit was stretched to 6 fouls na instead of 5?
  • Why?? you want to go back to the PBA's OLD STYLE OF BASKETBALL WHICH SLOW, HALF-COURT OFFENSE and VERY VERY BORING!

mas maganda yung UP-TEMPO games nila ngayon, hindi naiiba sa INT'L. BASKETBALL.
  • ang pagka-alala ko (lumabas sa papers), all FIBA rules were maintained for the 2002 All-Filipino Conference except ung pag-stop ng game when shot clock expires (continuous kahit ubos n shot clock basta tumama sa ring ang bola pag nag-shoot) and ung fouls away from the ball (ata) pag fourth quarter. ang alam ko 5 fouls pa rin pero di pa ako nakapanood ng full game ngayong AFC kaya di ako sure.

maintain FIBA rules!

:snail:
  • I WANT THIS BACK
    12 minutes
    6 fouls
    player timeouts

I WANT THIS INTRODUCED
    2 conferences AFC and with Import
    2 more teams

and

A NEW COMMISH
    na hindi tuta ni DANDING
  • Originally posted by Renzy_Prinze_Jr
    At bakit naman, aber? Ayaw nyo bang magkaroon ng Gold Medal sa Asiad in let's say 4, 8, 12 more years? If you want to adapt to the Fiba rules, you've got to do it all, or nothing. You've got to go for the big Poontang Pie and not toy with the fundamental rules. The little rules, okey lang. But not stuff like quarter limits, foul limits, three-point line, and especially the defensive schemes.
    What difference does it make if you increase the quarter minutes, three-point line, and the foul limits, aber? Don't you think this will be more beneficial to the league, the players, and the fans, aber?

Indeed!
  • Originally posted by ryan_jamsession
    Why?? you want to go back to the PBA's OLD STYLE OF BASKETBALL WHICH SLOW, HALF-COURT OFFENSE and VERY VERY BORING!

actually, what we seem to be seeing in the all-pinoy so far...is a seeming desire to return to the old new york/cleveland-style slow halfcourt offense.

how do you explain three...count that...THREE 50-point games last sunday? i don't think this has ever happened in the history of the pba. i've noticed the pba's got its version of the LSS...sa kanila naman, Low-Scoring Sundays, but this is a bit too much!

i'm particularly disappointed with red bull. sure, they've got great kickout options in junthy valenzuela, lordy tugade, mick pennisi, etc., but they also have great fastbreak finishers/starters in willie miller and jimwell torion! this means they can go both ways. seemingly, yeng guiao wants to play the game san miguel-style as long as davonn harp is around, and as long as he's got his kickout options. ditto allan caidic...

we should remember that the international rules favor up-tempo basketball. kaya nga feeling ko malapit nang malaos ang mga deliberate halfcourt styles ni tim cone, perry ronquillo, or even jong uichico's "san miguel offense." that's why talk 'n' text and fedex turned in very overachieving performances in the first two conferences. that's why the rp training teams didn't live up to expectations.

yeah, it's times like this when i almost wish we'd have the 12-minute quarters back, but if you want to really expose pinoys to the international brand of play, you've got to play by the international rules...and as renzy said, not toy with the fundamental rules, like the quarter limits.

LECHON = LYDIA'S (TM)
  • Originally posted by richyuppie

What difference does it make if you increase the quarter minutes, three-point line, and the foul limits, aber? Don't you think this will be more beneficial to the league, the players, and the fans, aber?

Indeed!

man, you have absolutely no idea what it does to basketball don't you??

if we aim to compete internationally, we should try to at least mimic international basketball. its rules and everything!

now if you're gonna ask once again why is the PBA doing this, i think you're still living in the stone age! :glee:
  • i think its gonna take some time(the amateur rules and stuff) before every player and every team could adapt to it.

its a long and tedious process. a lot of people wouldn't understand or agree to this concept but in the long run it will do a lot to Pinoy basketball.

since the trend now is to be globally competetive, not just in business but also in sports, and most especially in basketball. if we just sit around here in the philippines and watch the NBA being invaded by foreigners or Asians/Chinese in the next 20 years, then we might as well dump the 'FIBA rules' idea.

IF THERE'S A WILL, THERE'S A WAY.
  • Originally posted by corkyromano .

since the trend now is to be globally competetive, not just in business but also in sports, and most especially in basketball. if we just sit around here in the philippines and watch the NBA being invaded by foreigners or Asians/Chinese in the next 20 years, then we might as well dump the 'FIBA rules' idea.
    very well said!

it should dawn to every Filipino that our Asian neighbors (aside from China) are only years away from having a legitimate NBA player. there's even a Taiwanese player who even got to an NBA training camp. also, i'm so excited about the NBA today because the European invasion is as stronger as ever. man, wouldn't it be great if a Filipino plays in the NBA?

but before such extreme thoughts, we must start somewhere. and if being comepetitive means adopting FIBA rules all the way, then that should be the way to go.

:snail:
  • Originally posted by corkyromano
    man, you have absolutely no idea what it does to basketball don't you??

if we aim to compete internationally, we should try to at least mimic international basketball. its rules and everything!

now if you're gonna ask once again why is the PBA doing this, i think you're still living in the stone age! :glee:
    Really???

So, are you sure enjoying 50-60 points per game for each team?
  • Originally posted by richyuppie

Really???

So, are you sure enjoying 50-60 points per game for each team?

that's what i was pointing out...if everyone wants the fiba rules to work for our favor, pba coaches have to do their part by adopting game plans conducive to the new rules.

that's why scores are sooooooooo loooooooow right now. seemingly it's only fedex (or maybe talk 'n' text...di ko pa alam kung ano ang game plan ni woolpert) who's got a desire to change with the times and play with a faster tempo. ngayon na tapos na ang asian games, tama ba namang balewalain ang mga adjustments na ginawa para sa benefit ng national team? (i.e. teams playing faster para maka-adjust ang mga nationals...)

once again, ningas-cogon is at work here. :disgust:

if the pba keeps up at the rate it's going...my scary visions of more than one 40-point game this conference may be justified.

and i pray that my nightmare of a 38-point pba game (yes, a REAL nightmare after god knows how many bottles of beer... :alcoholic: ) wouldn't come true...

in summation, i have nothing against the fiba rules. my only beef is with how the pba's adjusting to these rules now that they're seemingly here to stay, even after the asiad...

LECHON = LYDIA'S (TM)