PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Roco Agrees to FPJ being his running mate in 2004?

Recently I read in the Inquirer that Roco is amenable to the idea of FPJ being his running mate in 2004. I don't remember if he categorically stated it, but I think he said something that it will increase his chances of winning as President in the next elections.

Personally, I was disappointed when I read this article. I never thought Roco would stoop to showbiz politics in campaigning. :( I just hope that the information is being exaggerated (but then again, I have a high esteem for Inquirer).

What do you think of Roco's agreement to have FPJ as his running mate?

Comments

• thehitmanthehitman The best there is PExer
    :ayaw::ayaw::ayaw:

Roco will lose my respect if he pushes through with this. On the brighter side of things, at least he'll be using FPJ's popularity instead of money coming from "somewhere".

:cool:
  • gpanchgpanch Member PExer
    i think he was just ask to comment on that idea. since it is not possible to happen, mabuti nang sumang-ayon na lang siya sa idea instead na siraan nya si FPJ which is point against him.

di naman nalalayo sa showbiz si rocco. he once produced a film by brocka and did a cameo role sa isang movie na pinalabas nung 90's (doing the role of ninoy aquino).
  • c0ngsterc0ngster Banned by Admin PExer
    Originally posted by sayuri

What do you think of Roco's agreement to have FPJ as his running mate?

welcome to philippine politics; where loyalty can be bought and principles are compromised. he simply wants to win at all cost. the irony of the whole thing is that the only thing that used to set him apart made him look like hes no different from the rest.

did you know that he even offered gloria arroyo to be his V.P. runningmate in 2004? the circus has started. :lol:
  • fennfenn Member PExer
    If Roco truly said that, then that simply exposes Roco's true colors: he is an opportunistic politician, plain and simple, who will stop at nothing to get what he wants badly...the Presidency of the Philippines.
  • sayurisayuri Member PExer
    What you guys said is truly disheartening - especially what you said, c0ngster , about Roco offering GMA to be his VP running mate in 2004.

I honestly believed that Roco is one of those clean guys, untouched by the filth of patronage and showbiz politics. If reputed honorable politicians like him are being swallowed by the system, what hope is there left for this country?
  • rorsrors smash mo mukha mo :) PExer
    grabeh nah toh! :lol:

pero come to think of it, ok lang siguro. they don't have to be in the same boat of beliefs and leadership naman eh. pag nagkataon pa nga at na-impeach si FPJ, e di si roco na president natin.

grabe na talaga 'to! :D
  • vinta18vinta18 What the frell?!? PExer
    To clarify:

Please read the article. It never once mentioned that he asked FPJ to run. He was quoted as saying that any support is welcome. As a general rule, Aksyon Demokratiko does not denigrate anyone believing that everyone has a right to seek the presidency.

As for the GMA thing, it was a joke and it was mentioned as one during his speech/presscon. Don't read too much into it.

congster fenn, sayuri, etc. : don't be too quick to judge. Try getting ALL the facts first. Please read the article through and don't rely on second-hand knowledge from posters who also did not read the article completely. Remember, Inquirer has this tendency to sensationalize.
  • aajaoaajao Moderator PEx Moderator
    ex president convicted without proper court trial. this is the philippines. this explains why we never get things done. it all starts from the so-called "leaders" of our nation. crab mentality. crab mentality. crab mentality... :down:
  • spadiaspadia Member PExer
    agree ako kay aajao :)
    Originally posted by aajao
    ex president convicted without proper court trial. this is the philippines. this explains why we never get things done. it all starts from the so-called "leaders" of our nation. crab mentality. crab mentality. crab mentality... :down:

Again, get your facts straight. Erap was overthrown and the facts of the trial are irrelevant. People can over throw you if they don;t like your face. It's extra legal.

As for the arrest, he was arrested because there were charges against him. His trial is ongoing.
  • JC00JC00 Member PExer
    Originally posted by gpanch
    i think he was just ask to comment on that idea. since it is not possible to happen, mabuti nang sumang-ayon na lang siya sa idea instead na siraan nya si FPJ which is point against him.

Very true.

Guys, don't take it seriously.
  • soulthirdsoulthird It Ain't Worth It PExer
    wag lang tothanin ni Roco kse kung sakali pati sya di ko boboto.
  • ShofixtiShofixti Frustrated Painter PExer
    Ayos talaga si vinta18! :handsdown:

Roco sa 2004.
    :D
    Originally posted by vinta18
    As for the GMA thing, it was a joke and it was mentioned as one during his speech/presscon. Don't read too much into it.

of course it was a joke! and a funny one at that. why do you think i had the :lol: smilie at the end of my post?
    congster fenn, sayuri, etc. : don't be too quick to judge.

between you and me, whos judging quickly?
    Originally posted by c0ngster

of course it was a joke! and a funny one at that. why do you think i had the :lol: smilie at the end of my post?

between you and me, whos judging quickly?

Hey, the smiley could be a sarcastic thingy or whatnot. Even with emoticons, one really can't simulate body language in text.

And between you and me... hmmm... sige, na nga. YOU!!! :)

[pls. note smiley too]
    Originally posted by vinta18
    Hey, the smiley could be a sarcastic thingy or whatnot. Even with emoticons, one really can't simulate body language in text.

COULD be. so it depends on the person interpreting it.
  • sayurisayuri Member PExer
    Guys, thanks for the clarification you've given above. I did mention in my first post that I don't remember if Roco categorically stated agreeing to run with FPJ in the next election - I am still willing to give him a chance should he continue to be faithful to his reputation of being an honorable politician.

I hope Roco remains one of the few Filipino politicians with honor and integrity.
  • aajaoaajao Moderator PEx Moderator
    READ THE DATE OF THIS THREAD.

ang aga namang mamulitika ni Roco. :|
    too sad on his part, iba na ang kwento ngayon, a year after. :nope:
  • alanisalanis Banned by Admin PExer
    aajao, Sino ang maagang namulitika. Habang nagtatapunan ng putik ang admininistrasyon at opposisyon, si Roco, tahimik lamang. May panahon nga na may mga kolumnistang binabanggit sya at tinatanong kung sa gitna ng lahat ng iyon, nasaan ang "good presidential aspirant" na si Roco.

Ang topic dito ay hindi gawa ng isa nang supporter ni Roco. Siya noon ay nagtitimbang pa ng mga lumalabas na issue at nililinaw nga nya kung ang nabanggit nya ba ay may katotohanan. Sa palagay ko naman sa maayos na pagpapaliwanag ng mga sumagot sa kanya ay naliwanagan sya.

Sayuri, yes, Roco continue to be faithful to his reputation of being an honorable politician. And he remains one of the few Filipino politicians with honor and integrity.

Thank God for people like him.
  • bondyingbondying Member PExer
    Originally posted by sayuri
    What you guys said is truly disheartening - especially what you said, c0ngster , about Roco offering GMA to be his VP running mate in 2004.

I honestly believed that Roco is one of those clean guys, untouched by the filth of patronage and showbiz politics. If reputed honorable politicians like him are being swallowed by the system, what hope is there left for this country?

Obviously, your honest belief and the truth do not match when it comes to the myth that Roco is one of those clean guys. Roco has been swallowed by the system long... long time ago. I believe it was during martial law when he turned his back to Ninoy. He has mastered the art and science of "balimbing" and deception. But, as the people say, "Sooner or later, the truth will always come out." Don't be shocked, more truths will come out about the real character of this guy. :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file