Home PEx International Entertainment International Movies

BRIDGET JONES: The Edge of Reason

whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
What Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason Is About: Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason picks up four weeks later, and already the honeymoon is over. In addition to discovering that the man of her dreams votes conservative, left-leaning Bridget is also feeling just a mite uncomfortable with the realities of sharing bed and board with another person.

Who's In It?: Renee Zellweger, Hugh Grant, George Clooney, Colin Firth

According to Yahoo Movies, George Clooney is attached to star in Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason opposite Renee Zellweger. In Helen Fielding's book, Bridget is sent to interview actor Colin Firth - a man she has lusted after ever since his appearance in Pride and Prejudice, but since Firth played Bridget's boyfriend Mark Darcy in the first film and is set to reprise his role in the sequel, this leaves the scriptwriters with a little problem.

The solution was to find another heart-throb actor to play the object of Bridget's desire and Clooney is the ideal choice. "We're hoping to substitute George Clooney for Colin Firth because we want Colin to play Darcy again. I've written four drafts and the latest version is with Renee Zellweger. We are just waiting for her reaction," says Davies.

Ren?e Zellweger, Hugh Grant and Colin Firth have all signed on for the sequel based on Helen Fielding's second "Bridget Jones" book, Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason. Though, Hugh Grant's character does not appear in the original story, he will be written in and Zellweger may consider putting on weight for the film, though not as much as the 20 pounds she gained for the first film, Bridget Jones' Diary back in 2001.

Renee Zellweger is reportedly refusing to gain weight for the sequel to Bridget Jones's Diary. The actress put on a stone-and-a-half to play the Chardonnay-swigging character in the first film. But writer Andrew Davies says he has agreed to a leaner Bridget for Bridget Jones: The Edge of Reason.He told Heat magazine: "This time she ends up in a Thai jail so she has to actually lose weight

Rate This Movie 13 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
30% 4 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
38% 5 votes
:) :) :) [b]Okay Lang[/b]
23% 3 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
7% 1 vote
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
0% 0 votes

Comments

• whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    All star cast! :)
  • i have this book! i've read it and can't wait to see the sequel! it's a bit slow at first but it picks up as it goes along... u could just kill the girl who wants to steal darcy away from bridget..grrr!! and about bridge interviewing "colin firth" -> can't wait to see that either!!! the questions? oh my god! v. hilarious.
  • i read the book overnight and i liked it better than the first. pretty excited to see this movie...i find the colin firth/bridget jones's interview very funny...sana ganun din gawin nila when bridget interviews george clooney.

diba it's rebecca who's trying to steal mark darcy from bridget? diba n the first book bridget and rebecca are friends?

can't wait to see the rest of the gang (shazzer, jude and tom)
    Hoping for another better 2nd movie thing.
    i have to buy he book. :D
  • According to Colin Firth, there hasn't been talks of a second movie and no one has said anything to him yet and everything have just been internet rumours.

I've read the book and it's really good. I like it a lot better than the first one. More of Mark Darcy!
  • I'm very excited. I want to see them kiss again - sana like the way they did in the final scene of the first movie.

After kissing ...

Bridget: Wait a minute, nice boys don't kiss like that.

Mark: Oh, yes. They f*cking do.

And they kiss again ...

Ganun ang gusto kong kiss. :)

:spinstar:
    :glee:
    :D
    :cool:

And they lived happily EverAfter.
  • Originally posted by whyte
    :D
    :cool:

And they lived happily EverAfter.

:lol: whyte, tingnan natin sa edge of reason kung tama ka.

:spinstar:
    we'll be waiting until next year.
    oh well, i hope it'll be worth the wait.
  • This better be a good movie. I loved the first one!

George Clooney?! Great, more eye candy, then. :D
    One star studded movie coming up......
    :bawling:
    ang daming nawala na posts.....

JENSIE_G mentioned that Renee's talent fee for the movie includes $1,000,000 for every pound she gains.
    i read that somewhere before. mabuti may confirmation uli *okay* . Cant be sure kung si Jensie_G yung may sabi na puro donuts ang kinakain/kakainin ni renee to achieve this.

:whatthe:
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    whyte: hey! that's right! :up: 1M USD per pound gained. grabe noh! :wow:

it was msn entertainment that reported weeks ago that renee was being made to munch on at least 10 donuts a day to prepare for the upcoming sequel! :up:
    i could use some offer in that league :glee:
    :whatthe:
    $1m per pound
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    whyte: ako rin eh! hehehe! :glee: pero they'd have to pay me again to lose the baggage. :rotflmao:
  • grabe! cant wait for the movie!! pinalabas ulit ung bridget jones' diary last night... :)

have to read the two books again! funny din ung edge of reason. "i am a woman of substance. my sense of self does not come from worldy achievements but from within." medyo mahaba haba ung line na yon but yan lang ung naalala ko now.

off topic question... hve you guys read cause celeb?
  • can't wait it to be shown. sana maganda din ang soundtrack niya.
    next year na kaya :?:
    malamang *okay*
    JENSIE_G info me that additional millions of euros pa ang pndagdag "bribe" kay renee to gain more pounds to reprise this OSCAR nominated role.