Home PEx Lifestyle Food and Drinks

Recipe please (crema de fruta)

Comments

• whyte: Christmas is the perfect time to make one. No, wait, any time is good. :D

the_querent: You're welcome. Glad you liked it. :)
  • whytewhyte PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    yup! anytime would be great.

I remember the last time I made one, nagkulang yung toppings. So hanap ako sa ref kung ano pwede.

NO, I didn't put Onions! :D

Nakakita ako ng cheese. ayun grated cheese ang toppings. kulang nalang salami and bell pepper, Iced Box Pizza. :D:D
  • devil__1.gif i did like it. i put peaches in my recipe. gumawa na naman ako ulit kanina for my bisita.
  • whyte: Haven't tried cheese on it. The concept is rather unusual for me. :looking:

the_querent: Araw-arawin ba? Baka naman magsawa ka agad nyan. :D
  • devil__1.gif hehehe. sobra ka naman, BabyFATS. every 4 days naman....
  • i used slices of peaches, then instead of putting gelatin on top, i just sprinkled crushed cashew nuts and lined with hershey's chocolate syrup. yummy!
    Originally posted by BabyFATS
    Di rin... :nope:
    Can you imagine santol or chico in crema de fruta? :eek:
    ehehehe...

how about .............

guyabano
    langka
    aratilis
    makopa
  • GilmoreGalGilmoreGal PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I made a refrigerator cake before and the only ing. i use are: Graham Crackers & all purpose cream,condensed milk (for the cream/filling)

I don't add fruits and stuffs

If i want to make a better ref. cake, what do u guys recommend? Should i put peaches? HOw do i do it in a simplest way. HOw do i make it presentable?

If possible, i don't want to use gelatin mixture

Regarding layering the cake, i always have a hard time from preventing the cream from flowing on the sides. Because d crackers does not exactly fit in my container. When you look at the sides, all you see are creams and not cracker-cream-cracker layers

What should i do? Do i have to chill d All Purpose Cream before i use it to make it more thick and prevent d cream from flowing to d sides?

Tips and recommendations would b very much appreciated! :)
    sa bahay we use BROAS. plus small amount of butter added to the mixture. we use the imported cocktail kasi yung local puro pineapple. minsan i used yung eggnog cookies, ok din.
    if mangoes are in season, you can use them as toppings. try mixing some mango puree sa cream mixture para magkalasa.

in regards sa layering, yung iba toppings lang yun fruits pero ako, sa gitna nilalagyan ko pa.
    one time we made this kind of layering. graham-cream-fruits. tapos 3 layers yun with graham on top. nilagay namin sa freezer. naging ice cream sandwich and dating. *okay*
    where can i buy mango puree?

should i mix the cocktail to the cream or on top of it?
    i suggested it lang naman kung gagamit ka ng fresh ripe mangoes as toppings. lalamasin mo lang naman yung hinog na mango (mas maganda pag hinog na hinog) and add it sa cream. yung nabibili is somewhat "artificial" yung lasa.

teka, hahanapin ko lang yung ibang REF CAKES thread. ;)
    hey tnx so much.... meron pla thread...
  • mas ok kung i chill muna ung cream, para pag gawa ng mixture (cream n condensed milk) thick ung kalalabasan......and pag kakainin na ung cake makikita mo na mejo namuo ung mixture....

mas ok din na evry layer may filling ng mango or peach or fruit cocktail......ok din lagyan ng oreo ung ref cake.....
    i tried chilling s all purpose cream before. Tapos may lumps siya when i opend it, is that normal?

...sa fridge lang i-chi-chill diba? and not inside the freezer?

Where should u put the orea? on top? o oreo crumbs lang?
  • my god whyte ang tyaga mo talaga, the more i run into you in these forums the more na nagiging IDOL kita! *okay*

Gilmoregal, do use almost overripe mangoes for the purree, and broas. but be careful about leaving it int the ref...my mom keeps forgetting about the cake and for some odd reason we keep getting ice shards in the cakes. :(
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    If you want try a more "challenging" recipe, use chiffon cake instead of graham crackers. If you don't have time to bake one, use taisan instead. For the filling, combine egg yolks, milk, and sugar and cook over low heat. Add cream once mixture cools. In a pyrex pan, alternately put taisan, filling and fruit cocktail or fruit of your choice. Use semi-cooled non-flavored gelatin to top off the cake.
    Too complicated process naman yan ada hehe, maybe i'll try that if i'm an expert already :D

Mymnosene tnx! i'll take note of that one
  • Originally posted by Mymnosene
    my god whyte ang tyaga mo talaga, the more i run into you in these forums the more na nagiging IDOL kita! *okay*
    Marami kasing oras yan mag-PEx kaya ganyan. :lol:

Peace, friend! *peace*

In fairness, matiyaga talaga yan pagdating dito sa PEx. Naks, IDOL! :D

Tongue.gif
    Question:

Nestle cream makes ur cream mixture thick or not? Coz someone told me that neslte cream is thicker than all purpose cream (that is if u put it in the fridge for a few hours)