Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

Azumanga Daioh!!

anyone else who's seen this anime? this is the cutest anime i've seen! it's just too funny! i've seen the first 8 episodes, i have more on CD....
it's kinda girly but even my guy friends just love it!
if you could get a hold of this, watch it! it's great!!

Comments

• Manga pa lang ang nababasa ko. It's funny.
  • This is probably the funniest anime that I've ever seen (Slam Dunk pales in comparison). Each character is funny and lovable. Tomo, Sakaki and Osaka are my favorites. :D
  • Total eps count is around 24 eps (only got eps 1-10 from Ishin) but in reality its around 100+ (divide each eps into strips 8) ).

IMO azumanga gets a tie in my book alongside Abenobashi Maho Shogetai

Love the strips too.:D
  • Originally posted by Quattro_Bajina
    Total eps count is around 24 eps (only got eps 1-10 from Ishin) but in reality its around 100+ (divide each eps into strips 8) ).

IMO azumanga gets a tie in my book alongside Abenobashi Maho Shogetai

Love the strips too.:D

animenfo states that it has 130 eps, but each eps are only around 3-4 mins. one show consists of 5 eps, so if u would do the math, it really only has 26 eps. episode 25[eps 121-125] was released over a week ago, and everyone in irc/newsgroups are eagerly waiting for the last ep to be released by triad[it could be any day or any hour from now].

it is indeed the funniest, cutest and most adorable anime i've ever seen. and it's the only anime that i enjoyed even it doesn't really have any plot, plus yeah, it does makes me laugh each and every minute of it ^^

it is intended for pre-teen/teen girls, but heck, alot of guys are enjoying it :D
  • At first glance all the girls may not look too beautiful compared to other girls in other anime, but as you watch more and more it feels like they have an inner 'beauty' despite all the riot happening! Azumanga Daioh excels in characterization!

This is indeed a riot to watch! My favorite characters are Chiyo-chan and Osaka-san. Osaka is really spaced out and produces the best out-of-this-world jokes, while Chiyo-chan despite her genius prowess sometimes acts like a brat or a kid fit for her age.
  • Triad is sure keeping everyone waiting for the final episode. Good thing there's the Azumanga games to help me get my Azu fix while waiting. ^___^

Favorite quotes:

Osaka: "Last night, when I was alone in my room...from out of nowhere...I smelled a fart that wasn't mine."

Student: "Mr. Kimura... why did you become a teacer?"

Kimura: "I like high school girls and stuff!"
  • this is one of my new fave animes. lol i would hate to be in the same car as Yukari-sensei...it makes my mom's driving look safe.. =_=

my fave character is sakaki....ooh...i love that cat! lol...it's hilarious...
  • hey sir badoochi what are the games all about?

And by the way, ever seen an anime bus? *tee hee hee hee*

chiyor.jpg

More Azumanga Daioh buses here
  • sinong kupleto ng series na ito ???????????????
    trade namannnnnnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!
  • Originally posted by bluemist
    hey sir badoochi what are the games all about?

There's three that I know of: a snowball game, a karting race, and a beach volleyball game. Beach volleyball game is my favorite. Have yet to play the snowball game though.
  • Originally posted by badoochi
    There's three that I know of: a snowball game, a karting race, and a beach volleyball game. Beach volleyball game is my favorite. Have yet to play the snowball game though.

Cool. Is it for PC or something? Where can I get it?
  • Yep it's for the PC. I got the kart race from #elite-fansubs and the volleyball game from some connections. ^___^
  • Originally posted by badoochi
    Favorite quotes:
    Student: "Mr. Kimura... why did you become a teacer?"
    Kimura: "I like high school girls and stuff!"
    :lol: this is my favorite too!! *okay*

and this:
    "i think i'm gonna go peeping today..." - Kimura
  • where can i get the games?? please reply!! thanks!
  • Happy day!

The final episode of this anime is out!
    Just can't wait hehee
  • Great final episode! :glee:

Hecho!

It'll be sad with no Azu to watch from now on though. ;__;
  • Originally posted by JC00
    Manga pa lang ang nababasa ko. It's funny.

The intro Soramimi cake is very funny you should watch the anime
  • i love the dance scene of kaorin and kimura-sensei. :weg:

kaorin with sakaki as partner: i'm gonna die .....
    kaorin with kimura: oh god. urgh. i'm gonna die ....
  • thehitmanthehitman PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hmm, the PEx anime gods have spoken. I should get my set soon.

:cool:
  • a wise choice indeed Bret

but if you are planning to buy Orig then get the DVDs para malinaw the pirated versions have a lot of bugs in them specially
    in discs 7-14