PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

If FPJ wins, what happens next? Possible scenarios

What if FPJ won the elections? a possible scenario

Let us say that FPJ won the elections. Again all the sycophants and hypocrites in his circle will say it was the vote of the masses that elected him. That could be very true. However, there are many things we can draw upon his winning the elections.

1) He won the elections but not by a majority. If he received 40% of the votes, this does not mean that a majority of Filipinos support him. A clear majority is had only when there are just two candidates. And one has over 50% of the votes. It is obvious there will be more than three candidates for President.

2) Whoever wins for Vice-President will not be from his party, unless he gets a very popular one (ex. Legarda, Lacson, Flavier, etc...). So obviously, just like FVR (Erap was VP), and Erap (GMA was VP), there will be no political unity, because both of them do not belong to the same party, and are after their own political agendas, which more often that not, are not for the people. The USA already foresaw this type of scenario long ago and mandated that the Pres. and VP must be from the same party.

3) So when FPJ does run and win (I heard he is taking speech classes now), these are the things that may happen, and they are not good:

- Poor will vote for him, in the hope that he can solve their problems.
- His term might even be shorter than Erap's because:

1) he may work actively to get Erap out of jail or grant clemency (iba na ang may pinagsamahan). Definitely a political suicide for him.

2) he will not get the business community's support, because a majority of businessmen, who were burned in Erap's term, will only look at the long term, and they do not believe he will last long. They are not confident of his abilities to steer the country economically. So they scale back or withdraw their investments entirely.

3) foreign investors will pull out and new ones will not invest here because they believe that the Philippines' political system is not stable and the President is incompetent. This means that infrastructure will not take off, corruption will be rampant, and there will always be "favored" ones winning contracts. It will not be alevel playing field for them.

4) the military, which since 1986 has been the most crucial factor for any uprising, will not be on FPJ's side. Remember Erap and EDSA 2? Nearly all officers wanted to boot Erap out (with the exception of Ping). They will not side with FPJ because they now have a mistrust for actors. All they need is a spark.

5) The economy will fall tremendously because of these events.

6) The middle class (not the elite) will spearhead the ouster of FPJ because they know the military will back them. Note that it was the middle class that comprised a majority at EDSA 2. In EDSA 3 it was the poor. The only difference why the poor did not win was the military did not support Erap's followers, and instead chose to side with GMA. Just goes to show where their loyalty lies: not to a movie star who very many view as "incompetent".

7) And so what happens? Another EDSA 4, but this time a bloody one. The Philippines will be in such great economic disarray that it will take more than 25 years for us to recover.

So what is sad about all this is that the poor have the greatest power to elect a good and competent leader. The only power they have is the vote, and it is ironic that when they use this power to vote a popular actor, they are already signing off any hope for the country's recovery, and their own salvation. Ultimately it is the poor who will suffer greatly in the end.

What do you think?

Comments

• p.i.joep.i.joe Member PExer
    well let's put it this way. FPJ is like a super typhoon brewing from the ocean waiting to hit land. and every single mind with some sense left are betting as to what degree of catastrophe he's about to cause once he's in office.
  • HulkHulk Jolly Green Giant PExer
    I will finally give up all hope in the Philippines. If ever he wins, the Filipino deserves whatever misery he brings about.

:frank:
  • hanskyuthanskyut kyut na pexer PExer
    pipilitin ko na talagang mag-migrate pag nangyari ito
  • smartysmarty Member PExer
    when erap assumed the presidency in 1998, one of the 1st things he did is grant the burial of marcos in the libingan ng mga bayani.

first thing fpj will do after assuming the presidency is release erap from prison...

alam naman natin ang motto ng mga yan: iba ang may pinagsamahan.
  • bondyingbondying Member PExer
    Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!Ha!

All of the doomsday scenarios peddled by 'Pandak' and her gang in the event of FPJ win are nothing but attempts to demean the inevitable overwhelming win of FPJ.

In a way they're right. It is doomsday for 'Pandak' and her gang. It is doomsday for 'Pandak' and her gang's "PLUNDER" of the nation.

It is doomsday for 'Pandak' and her gang's "Good Old Days". hehehehehe.....

Susmaryosep!! 'Pandak' and her gang have plundered so much in short period of time.

Susmaryosep!! In such short period time of their hold to the reign of power 'Pandak' and her gang have successfully ruined the nation's economy and the institutions of a democratic society this nation has been slowly reconstructing after the Marcos' martial law.

Filipinos can now see the light at the end of this dark tunnel 'Pandak' and her gang had placed the filipino people into.

If it will help the 'Pandak' and her gang's doomsday predictions I will add that even "Ping Lacson" can easily beat this 'Pandak' in the 2004 election.

Thank God! Filipinos have these two knights in shining armor and high horses to save them from the evils of 'Pandak' and EDSA-2 gangsters.
  • LightspeedLightspeed Mr. Optimist PExer
    In fairness, I don't see "doom-and-gloom" if FPJ wins the Presidency.

Although I am an EDSA Dos veteran, here are the scenarios I see in an FPJ Presidency:

He will try to reach out to all sectors of society. He's already got the masa with him so they will support him all the way.

He's got the Muslim vote with him so all he has to do is appeal to the Abu Sayyaf and the MILF to stop their disruptive ways and cooperate with him. For sure, the leaders of these groups will fall all over themselves to accommodate da King. So I see a reign of tranquility in his term.

The business-middle class sector will be the most wary of him. But I think they will try to give FPJ a chance, in the same way they gave Erap a chance. And for as long as FPJ doesn't do anything that would provoke this powerful sector (i.e. getting involved in monkey-business, getting involved with shady characters etc.) , he's fine.

The military will always support a Moral President. In his several decades of exposure in public life, I still have to hear about any immoral act that FPJ did. Can you please name me one? The same cannot be said of Erap of course.

The big thing that bothers me is his lack of skill and knowledge in governance. This will prove to be a problem. FPJ knows this.. that's why he keeps on repeating that HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE PRESIDENCY!!!

And knowing FPJ to be a man of wisdom and propriety, I think he will not run for the Presidency.
  • riza_arnaudriza_arnaud TantoNominiNullumparElogi um PExer
    I have nothing against FPJ but personally, I would not want a movie icon to be the next president nor be a president at all. But I also want to consider the other SIDES to this issue. Siguro na-paranoid lang mga Pilipino dahil sa ginawa ni Erap. Take this question, what if Erap did not run and did not become president... (AY SANA NANGYARI TO!!!) and here comes FPJ, who ran on the presedential elections and won! Would we see this issue differently or still the same? Malamang ganun pa rin diba?!? We (or most people) would still close the idea of him being the president. I think this matter became more crucial because of the situation we had on Erap.

Hay naku... if only ALL FILIPINOS would understand that it does not take a mere action star to become a ruler of a country!!! Too bad they don't :( and now look at how we badly suffered under the last president we had...
    The big thing that bothers me is his lack of skill and knowledge in governance. This will prove to be a problem. FPJ knows this.. that's why he keeps on repeating that HE IS NOT INTERESTED IN THE PRESIDENCY!!!
    Good thing he is not interested with it at all.

But dude, if this ever happens... EXPECT JUDAY TO RUN FOR PRESIDENCY IN THE FUTURE! :glee: Tingnan rin lang natin kung ilang tao ang mag-migrate sa ibang bansa! Count me in on that...
  • SpinosaurusSpinosaurus Beats T-rex ! PExer
    On the other hand, his reputation is spotless. The same can't be said of every other major political aspirant like Gma, Lacson, etc.

12.2.spinosaurus1.jpg
  • fennfenn Member PExer
    True indeed. Is there anyone in Philippine public life, political or showbiz, with a near spotless and unblemished reputation? Wala. Lahat may baho.

Si FPJ lang ang maisip ko. Sa Totoo Lang, ha.
  • CerberusCerberus Dark Victory PExer
    Originally posted by Spinosaurus
    On the other hand, his reputation is spotless. The same can't be said of every other major political aspirant like Gma, Lacson, etc.
    No.

Of course FPJ has an unblemished reputation. He's never been into public service or any political arena.

I believe he has a good soul, but it takes more than a ton of good intentions to be an effective President.
  • CerberusCerberus Dark Victory PExer
    $1 = P100
  • ghostdancerghostdancer Member PExer
    Originally posted by Cerberus

No.

Of course FPJ has an unblemished reputation. He's never been into public service or any political arena.

I believe he has a good soul, but it takes more than a ton of good intentions to be an effective President.

Good soul? Basta alam ko in 1986, a few months after the EDSA 1 uprising, lasing siya at namaril siya sa isang restaurant dahil pro-Cory ang mga tao dun, e medyo nairita siya sa mga tao dun. E pro Marcos siya nun.

Wla namang tinamaan, pero laseng siya nun. Look at the old newspapers of Inquirer and Malaya. Di naman siya kinasuhan.

Well, I don't know about that kasi when I was wid the government, ang mga lumalapit para magpa-approve ng kontrata ay sina dranreb wid cristy fermin. Contruction of a road.

yun lang
  • p.i.joep.i.joe Member PExer
    at tulad ni erap marami din babae si fpj. ang kaibahan lang ng dalawa si erap masyadong garapal. samantalang si fpj tago ang kalokohan. pero kahit pagbali-baligtarin mo ang mundo pareho pa rin silang ta-rantado!
  • fennfenn Member PExer
    Originally posted by p.i.joe
    at tulad ni erap marami din babae si fpj. ang kaibahan lang ng dalawa si erap masyadong garapal. samantalang si fpj tago ang kalokohan. pero kahit pagbali-baligtarin mo ang mundo pareho pa rin silang ta-rantado!

Aba! At nag-imbento ba raw ng kuwento.

Ano ba 'yan, wala na kayong maibabato kay FPJ, nag-imbento na lang ng istorya.
  • renzrenz Banned by Admin PExer
    Originally posted by Cerberus
    $1 = P100

good projection. at sana this will happen tulad ng hula (pangako) ng mga taga edsa dos na kung si gloria ang uupo magiging USD 1 = PHP 47. gaganda ang buhay, there would be good governance, no graft and corruption, no jueteng.... pero ano ang nangyari? palpak ang hula at projection.

edsa dos people should stop projecting a doomsday scenario kung si fpj ang presidente dahil they failed miserably sa kanilang adventurism. bakit hindi nila nakita na ganito pala ang mangyayari sa pinas nang maupo si gloria?

paniniwalaan pa ba ng masa ang mga sakim na taga edsa dos?
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PExer
    Originally posted by ghostdancer
    What do you think?

Kamaganak mo ba si NOSTRADAMUS?????
  • jtanjtan Demon Hunter ✭✭
    economy will recover, peso will jump back to 50 from 53.

demonhunter.gif
  • jonathan_perezjonathan_perez Banned by Admin PExer
    Knowing the people of this country, I fully expect EDSA IV, V, VI, VII, etc... to follow. Worse than a bunch of bad movie sequels... :rotflmao:
  • tadeustadeus the deus PExer
    Madadagdagan yun national heroes natin.

Si Flavio!

:D
  • aajaoaajao Moderator PEx Moderator
    FPJ has no intentions in running for presidency in 2004... that's according to him. i think it would be best for all of us to just wait for the official candidates for presidency in 2004.
    this is one thing i hate about democracy in our country. we say our government is concentrating too much on politics, and yet, it is us, MEDIA INCLUDED, who sparks flame in these issues. how can our country ever move on? its annoying. :down:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file