Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

the mystery of hiten mitsurugi

why is it na there's a curse sa technique na hiten mitsurgi na the teacher always or almost die when he passes the technique to his student...geezzz...

sobrang galing nito...

pero i believe na puede mo pa i modify yung technique na yun just like what Shougou did (the god of hiten mitsurugi, responsible for the temporary blindness of kenshin)

Shogo Amakusa utilizes the legendary sword techniques of the legendary sword style called Hitenmitsurugi together with one other technique. He was taught the style by a man, named Hio Nasheda, who failed the final test of his Hitenmitsurugi training and was thought to have died. In this test the student must defeat his master's Nine Headed Dragon Light using the technique called Ama-Kakeru-Ryu-No-Hirameki. If the student failed then he would be killed. Hio failed and fell down a waterfall and everyone thought he was dead when, ten years later he was said to be alive. Hio taught Shogo all he knew about the Hitenmitsurugi Style.

Comments

• ah if I were you I'd just ignore all of that stuff. Why? 'cause the anime did add many BS. Consider these two points:

1. Shogo is an anime-only character... much like Broli. He and all the BS techniques and blabber in that saga don't count.
    2. In the Kyoto Ark(Shishio saga) we learn from Hiko that he was the one who developed the Kuzuryuzen and the Amakakeruryunohirameki(whew!) and now they throw that "succession technique" BS right in our faces in that crappy Christian Samurai saga. WTF!?!
  • Originally posted by Kuroi_Sabato
    2. In the Kyoto Ark(Shishio saga) we learn from Hiko that he was the one who developed the Kuzuryuzen and the Amakakeruryunohirameki(whew!) and now they throw that "succession technique" BS right in our faces in that crappy Christian Samurai saga. WTF!?!

Uhh, correction lang...Hiko Seijuro DID NOT "develop", as in "create" the techniques. This is TRADITION, meaning for 12 generations, all "Hikos" used both the Kuzu Ryu Sen and the Amakaeru Ryuu No Hirameki for "succession" and the transfer of the mantle of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu from master to student.

As for the "curse", I guess it has something to do with the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu being so POWERFUL that there should only be one master of it at a time. Remember, Hiko was telling Kenshin that because of its power, the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu cannot "belong" or be "controlled" by any side, since it would only cause pain, death, and suffering. :cool:
  • Originally posted by Jazzy Japs

Uhh, correction lang...Hiko Seijuro DID NOT "develop", as in "create" the techniques. This is TRADITION, meaning for 12 generations, all "Hikos" used both the Kuzu Ryu Sen and the Amakaeru Ryuu No Hirameki for "succession" and the transfer of the mantle of Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu from master to student.

I dunno pagkaalam ko si Hiko Seijiro ang gumawa nung dalawa eh tapos dun sa christian-samurai saga ko lang narinig yung "succession technique" na yon which I do not consider kanon. but yeah I could be wrong. :D

I dunno pagkaalam ko si Hiko Seijiro ang gumawa nung dalawa eh tapos dun sa christian-samurai saga ko lang narinig yung "succession technique" na yon which I do not consider kanon. but yeah I could be wrong. :D

Hiko didn't create the moves. The english subs of AXN are misleading. Kuzuryuuzen and Hirameki were the ultimate techniques of Mitsurugi of all the Hiko's (previous masters of mitsurugi). Dapat imposible mabuhay pag-ginamitan ka ng Kuzuryuuzen at di mo to na-counter ng Hirameki. Well, binaboy nga ng anime yung principle ng Mitsurugi. Tsaka dapat rin natuto si Shougo ng Ougi, kasi hindi rin marunong yung master niya e. Weird, no??
  • Originally posted by Enishi

Hiko didn't create the moves. The english subs of AXN are misleading. Kuzuryuuzen and Hirameki were the ultimate techniques of Mitsurugi of all the Hiko's (previous masters of mitsurugi). Dapat imposible mabuhay pag-ginamitan ka ng Kuzuryuuzen at di mo to na-counter ng Hirameki. Well, binaboy nga ng anime yung principle ng Mitsurugi.
    Enishi's right, Kuroi_Sabato. From the manga (and the "training" of Kenshin with Hiko in the Kyoto Arc), the "succession" of the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu mantle MUST involve in either the death of the master OR the student, since this was the way it had always been. The "Shougo Arc" in the anime took many ("crappy") liberties with that tradition and made Hyoe survive his master's Kuzu Ryu Sen, which he was able to teach Shougo.
    Tsaka dapat rin natuto si Shougo ng Ougi, kasi hindi rin marunong yung master niya e. Weird, no??
    Uh, don't you mean na "HINDI dapat natuto si Shougo ng Ougi kasi hindi rin alam ni Hyoe"? :)
    My view is this. I can believe that Hyoe knows the secret behind the "execution" of the Amakakeru Ryu No Hirameki, but he did not discover the "SPIRIT" or the "ESSENCE" of the technique. This was proven with Kenshin and Shougo's second encounter when they both executed the Ougi. Kenshin beat Shougo because he put all his will into the move without any doubts on himself. At least here, consistent ang principle behind the Ougi. (since this will be reinforced again when Kenshin first fights Enishi in the Jinchuu Arc.) :cool:
  • Enishi and Jazzy Japs>>> ah ok thanks for the info. Although my brother has the manga I didn't bother reading the translation so I just based my knowledge on what I've watched. Stupid dubs! :D
  • No prob, Kuroi. :cool:

Basically you can consider the RK anime as this: Everything up until the Kyoto (Shishio) Arc is consistent with the manga's story. Everything after THAT, is just "filler" and has NOTHING whatsoever to so with the manga...

Just imagine if they were patient enough to wait and animated the Jinchuu Arc...!!! *okay* sana! :D
  • makikigulo lang.

when i watched OAV 2, hiko was teaching kenji also, but he mentioned that hiten's principles were outdated, giving the impression that he felt partially responsible for kenshin's fate. at that point, i suddenly wondered what technique he was teaching kenji...

just a thought...
  • kung di ako nagkamali sabi ni hiko he really did not teach kenji mitsurugi (pero akala ni kenji mitsurugi tunuro sa kanya ni hiko-san eheh magulo no) i remember na sinabi nyang the secrets of hiten mitsurugi will die with him..... kaya di nya tinuro iyon ke kenji pero who knows... kung anong technique yung tinuro sa kanya
    No prob, Kuroi. :cool:

Basically you can consider the RK anime as this: Everything up until the Kyoto (Shishio) Arc is consistent with the manga's story. Everything after THAT, is just "filler" and has NOTHING whatsoever to so with the manga...

Just imagine if they were patient enough to wait and animated the Jinchuu Arc...!!! *okay* sana! :D

hehehe yup di hamak na mas maganda yung Jinchuu Arc kesa dun sa mga pinagdadagdag nila(christian Samurai! Fisherman Samurai!! Feng Shui!!! WTF!?!).

OT nga pala maraming tao ngayon nangugulit na namatay daw si Kenshin at Kaoru by tuberculosis sa isang OVA. Is that kanon or another crappy what if anime?
  • di naman tb ah... para syang skin disease eh... pero sa manga they lived hapily ever after diba tapos yung scar ni kenshin is starting to dissapear
    OT nga pala maraming tao ngayon nangugulit na namatay daw si Kenshin at Kaoru by tuberculosis sa isang OVA. Is that kanon or another crappy what if anime?

Whatever "disease" it was, the writers of the Seisouhen OVA took some more "liberties" with the manga's story. They "projected" a possible consequence (so it's a big WHAT IF) of Kenshin's "deterioration" because of using the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu.

In the manga, Megumi mentioned that the strain of using Hiten Mitsurugi has began to take its toll on Kenshin's body. The Hiten is a "superman's" sword art, Megumi says. Someone with a small stature and relatively weak constitution (like Kenshin) can only exert himself (like the way he did against Enishi) so far. If he continues to do such things, then in about five years, Kenshin will lose his sword skills permanently. Note that it did not say that he will "develop red marks on his skin" :D

So THIS aspect of the Seisouhen OAV is just "creative speculation". :cool:
  • Originally posted by Erning_S
    kung di ako nagkamali sabi ni hiko he really did not teach kenji mitsurugi (pero akala ni kenji mitsurugi tunuro sa kanya ni hiko-san eheh magulo no) i remember na sinabi nyang the secrets of hiten mitsurugi will die with him..... kaya di nya tinuro iyon ke kenji pero who knows... kung anong technique yung tinuro sa kanya

It's probably the Kamiya Kasshin Ryu technique. You're right in saying that the Hiten Mitsurugi stops with Hiko and Kenshin. So since Kenji is Kenshin and Kaoru's son, then it is most likely Kaoru's sword style that will pass on to Kenji. :D

It's probably the Kamiya Kasshin Ryu technique. You're right in saying that the Hiten Mitsurugi stops with Hiko and Kenshin. So since Kenji is Kenshin and Kaoru's son, then it is most likely Kaoru's sword style that will pass on to Kenji. :D

Nope Kenji will eventually learn Hitem mitsurugi from Hiko
    I saw the info in this site http://cscentral.com/you.rule all RK info is available right here
    :D:D:D

Whatever "disease" it was, the writers of the Seisouhen OVA took some more "liberties" with the manga's story. They "projected" a possible consequence (so it's a big WHAT IF) of Kenshin's "deterioration" because of using the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryu.

In the manga, Megumi mentioned that the strain of using Hiten Mitsurugi has began to take its toll on Kenshin's body. The Hiten is a "superman's" sword art, Megumi says. Someone with a small stature and relatively weak constitution (like Kenshin) can only exert himself (like the way he did against Enishi) so far. If he continues to do such things, then in about five years, Kenshin will lose his sword skills permanently. Note that it did not say that he will "develop red marks on his skin" :D

You forget that his "life of fighting" didn't stop just by his "death" as swordsman.

hehehe yup di hamak na mas maganda yung Jinchuu Arc kesa dun sa mga pinagdadagdag nila(christian Samurai! Fisherman Samurai!! Feng Shui!!! WTF!?!).

That was a non-canon crap.

The storyline is so much radicalized, you can't even link its story with other pre-existing RK animes.
  • thanks for answering (or at least theorizing on) the question. wala naman syang definite answer talaga, pero the answers are solid *okay*