COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Ever seen the milky way with your own eyes?

ShinobiShinobi Life is such a beautiful! PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
Ever seen the milky way? i know our planet is in it but we can also see it in the sky, but up to now i still haven't seen it with my own eyes

Bakit kaya hindi ko makita dito sa pilipinas :bawling:

milky-way.jpg

this pic was taken on a hilltop in america...

Comments

• TessariaTessaria Fan Forum's Finest PExer
    their skies are clearer. There are actually towns where they regulate light and electricity usage so that the observatories nearby would have an unobstructed view of the sky.

And the pic.. it mightve been taken using a camera/telescope with a filter..
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie Moderator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    try Baguio or maybe Tagaytay.
  • S3venthHellS3venthHell pseudo shinigami PExer
    wow.... *drool drool* (nice pic)

These visions or views makes me feel so insignificant... (like I don't think of that everyday..)

You can see the smog in the morning @ espana thickening by the minute from high buildings....(a very sad sight indeed)

Sana nga ma-clear out ang skies sa Manila (hah!)
    :(
  • I saw a very faint image of the milky way a very long time ago during our vacation to our beach in Batangas. Konti pa lang yung mga magkakatabing beach house nun.

I thought it was way cool to be able to do so. *okay*
  • sa sunken garden sa UP makikita mo on clear moonless cloudless nights ang isang spiral arm ng milkyway.

if i remember correctly the arm goes from the direction of NEC towards vinzons hall.

i was also able to see this part of the galaxy in a beach in ternate cavite, near puerto azul.

you get a glimpse of the numinous, sabi nga ni carl sagan.
  • SpartanSpartan Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I've seen it all the time. It's not hard as long as you know where to look. Go out on a cloudless night without the moon. Just look up. There will be a band of what I like to call fuzz. Kind of like looking at a high and faint cloud at night. That fuzz band should reach from horizon to horizon. That's the milky way. If you have binoculars, just point it at the faint band of stars and you can pick out individual stars more easily.
  • cinephilecinephile film buff PExer
    nakita ko! super ganda!

we were on a small ship...sa captain's deck, on our way to Sibuyan, Romblon.
    nasa middle kami ng sea, kaya walang city lights....complete darkness sa paligid, sa gitna ng dagat.
    kitang-kita mo, mas maganda pa dyan sa pic mo.
    kitang-kita din yung mga stars...super dami...nag-ooverlpa ang mga constellations....as in super dami!!!!
    try mo minsan.
  • Mas maganda pa dun sa pic? Whoa! Yan yung gusto kong makita.
  • kath001kath001 Member PExer
    i wanna see it to:(
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs d ko hilig PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Mas magandang kunan ang milky way pag nasa ship ka lalo na papuntang province then gagamit ka ng magandang lens na camera... dahil super dilim sa gitna ng dagat
  • xyzseamanxyzseaman Loved by Adm!n ~ PExer
    the_BuGs: Exactly! Lalu na kung nasa part ka na malapit sa Australia (Coral Sea for example). You could see star clusters and space clouds with your very own eyes! I use a high powered scope and it blew my mind away. Ang ganda! Ideal place to bring your date.

You'll see Shooting stars, satellites and even the Int'l Space Station if you use a decent scope.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file