FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

Imed/Intar of today and yesteryears, post HERE!

Hey! Intarmed people gather round. How's Intarmed?

Comments

• alleycatalleycat Member PExer
    Well.....
    I guess I'm the only Intarmed pexer here.

Ho hum.
  • microcosmmicrocosm Member PExer
    Well, not really... hehe.
    Intarmed din ako, YL I, batch 2008.
    Ano po ang batch niyo?
  • ashley_05ashley_05 el alquimista PExer
    Hi! Intarmed ako... Wala lang... para ma-resurrect lang... :D
  • i just wanted to put up this thread to check out on the products of the program.
    please do take time to answer the following question...

DID YOU EXPERIENCE A LEGITIMATE CONVENTIONAL COLLEGE LIFE IN THE PROGRAM? PROVE IT.
  • evenflowevenflow Master PExer
    hello!

i graduated from the program last year.

yes. i believe i did have a 'conventional' college life. i didn't have spectacular grades but that didn't matter to me. never failed any course. i had a decent social life. developed good and lasting friendships within and outside the program. got to see places. try out new things (legal or otherwise).

i don't regret going thru the program. spent the best (and worst)years of my youth there. it also brought me tons of opportunities afterwards.
  • thanks. toxic ata mga tao. hehe.

nice to hear that.

may kabatch ka ba na romero?
    Hi!

New intar here! ;)

I dunno if I'm valid to post my comments kasi hindi pa nga ako nag-one sem sa course.

So far, I'm living a decent college life naman... pero, I'm sure I haven't arrived at the core of the intarmed program... whatever that is.

Whoa! Kakainggit sa mga grads... ako seven years pa... :D
    sure faaip.
    may kabatch ka ba na romero?

no. if we're thinking about the same person, he finished 1 year ahead of me.

ashley,
    don't worry. time flies very fast when you're having fun. hehe. i had the same thoughts when i was in 1st yr as you are having now. don't worry. just sit back and enjoy the ride.

one more thing. if you guys aren't really gunning for top spot in your class, study smartly lang. there is life in med school. its not that difficult. toxicity is a state of mind. believe me. the hardest part is getting in.
  • kublaiskublais Member PExer
    Originally posted by evenflow
    hello!

i graduated from the program last year.

yes. i believe i did have a 'conventional' college life. i didn't have spectacular grades but that didn't matter to me. never failed any course. i had a decent social life. developed good and lasting friendships within and outside the program. got to see places. try out new things (legal or otherwise).

i don't regret going thru the program. spent the best (and worst)years of my youth there. it also brought me tons of opportunities afterwards.
    Congrats nakapasok ka!

O, sino-sino mga stars ngayon sa batch mo?
  • Originally posted by evenflow
    sure faaip.

no. if we're thinking about the same person, he finished 1 year ahead of me.

ashley,
    don't worry. time flies very fast when you're having fun. hehe. i had the same thoughts when i was in 1st yr as you are having now. don't worry. just sit back and enjoy the ride.

one more thing. if you guys aren't really gunning for top spot in your class, study smartly lang. there is life in med school. its not that difficult. toxicity is a state of mind. believe me. the hardest part is getting in.

i forgot his name. Im friends with his brother the other Romero. Hehe. I just realized that he graduated a year earlier. hehe. He's now somewhere in the Netherlands taking up Bioinformatics.:)
    Originally posted by evenflow
    ashley,

I've never been competitive all my life. Most of my batchmates are. That's why I was very surprised that I got into intarmed... I never even wanted to be in it, in the first place.
    Anyway, I'm glad I'm in it na. Not because it's a kind of "status symbol"...
    (INTERRUPTION: The docs who interviewed me asked, "What can you say about the Intarmed program being a status symbol?"
    I replied with a smile on my face. "It is?")
    But because of what you, guys, are now telling me. That it's a privilege... that I was given and should enjoy.
    Thanks.

Now, I'm gonna study for the monday math depts.

:winking:
  • Originally posted by ashley_05

I've never been competitive all my life. Most of my batchmates are. That's why I was very surprised that I got into intarmed... I never even wanted to be in it, in the first place.
    Anyway, I'm glad I'm in it na. Not because it's a kind of "status symbol"...
    (INTERRUPTION: The docs who interviewed me asked, "What can you say about the Intarmed program being a status symbol?"
    I replied with a smile on my face. "It is?")
    But because of what you, guys, are now telling me. That it's a privilege... that I was given and should enjoy.
    Thanks.

Now, I'm gonna study for the monday math depts.

:winking:

good luck sayo. we did the same thing during the interview. the trick is just to be yourself and not try too much to impress people. laugh... laugh... laugh... :rotflmao:
    Originally posted by faaip_de_oiad

i forgot his name. Im friends with his brother the other Romero. Hehe. I just realized that he graduated a year earlier. hehe. He's now somewhere in the Netherlands taking up Bioinformatics.:)

Oliver. Yeah. Isn't he done with his master's there? He should be back in Manila now.

I'm out here in Seattle taking up a similar program now - biomedical and health informatics. If you have any sort of interest (I saw your post in the bioinformatics thread.), feel free to ask. There is also another guy from UPCM who graduated ahead of me in Columbia University in New York working on a PhD. There's one in the Harvard-MIT program. I know it may be too premature to seriously ponder on your career plans but at least you know what 'other' nonconventional options you have because there are lots of them out there.

Good luck!
  • wow! instant mentor! ;)

so doc, what are the prospects of 'bioinformatics'? what tracks would such a course open for someone like me? im pretty keen with programming and the like so i also would like to know if my idea that bioinformatics is concerned with computers and the like is correct.

Thanks doc!:D
  • cathy_socathy_so Member PExer
    Ashley_05,

classmate mo ba si Ken Leonard B. Ramos?

Kumusta naman sya dyan sa intarmed na bests of the bests na mga kaklase nya dyan?

share ka naman ng info about your batchmates.

:)
  • Originally posted by cathy_so
    Ashley_05,

classmate mo ba si Ken Leonard B. Ramos?

Kumusta naman sya dyan sa intarmed na bests of the bests na mga kaklase nya dyan?

share ka naman ng info about your batchmates.

ako na sasagot for her. hehe

yes, ken [from upis] is from their batch. hehe. :D
    Originally posted by faaip_de_oiad

ako na sasagot for her. hehe

yes, ken [from upis] is from their batch. hehe. :D
    O, you also know Ken? How? Anong batch ka ba? Kwento ka naman ng composition ng batch mo. Sana si Ashley_05 din.
  • general breakdown
    quezon city science hs - 6
    university of the philippines rural high school [uplb] - 4
    philippine science hs [diliman] - 4
    albert einstein school [cotabato] - 2
    regional science hs [olongapo] - 2
    school of the holy spirit - 2

schools with at least one qualifier

Lasalle Green Hills
    PAREF Woodrose School
    Miriam High School
    Saint Paul Pasig
    Manila Science HS
    Cagayan National HS

MEron ding taga mindoro, palawan at koronadal. sorry nakalimutan ko schools hehe.
    :D Sorry... can't remember them all eh.

UP Rural - 5
    Philippine Sci - 5
    Manila Sci - 4
    Cebu City Sci - 3
    St. Mary's (Cagayan de Oro) - 2
    MSU-Iligan - 1
    Manresa - 1
    Makati Sci - 1
    QC Sci - 1
    Poveda - 1
    Xavier - 1
    UPIS - 1 (si Ken!)
    Univ of Perpetual Help - 1
    Palawan - 1

Mga di ko sure name ng schools:

Northern Luzon - 4

Iung missing na EIGHT --- hmmm... hindi ko ma-remember as of nw. Sorry! :cool:
    Magaling pala yang UP Rural na yan. Ang dami naman nila sa intarmed. halos kasing dami na nila ang mga taga PSHS, ha? Saan ba yan?

ashley_05,

Si Ken lang ang nakuha from UPIS? Naku, 3 years ago, balita ko from my friends madami sila. Ba't s'ya nalang nagiisa ngayon?:(

faaip_de_oiad,

I thought merong nakuha from Colegio de San Agustin sa batch mo? I remember I read it in the papers, eh.

to both of you,

wala bang nag graduate ng valedictorian (HS) sa inyo?

Pansin ko rin, ba't walang from Ateneo de Manila High School? Siguro nadali sa interview? :rolleyes:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file