Home PEx International Entertainment International TV

Six Feet Under coming to HBO Asia

I saw the promo while channel surfing.

Here's an article from hboasia.com

SIX FEET UNDER coming soon to HBO

HBO’s new highly-anticipated and much-talked about series, Six Feet Under, will make its exclusive debut on HBO in October. Created and executive-produced by Alan Ball who won the Best Original Screenplay Oscar last year for the smash hit “American Beauty”. The series is about the life of a Los Angeles family in the business of death.

Using dramatic irony and dark, situational humor, Six Feet Under approaches the subject of death through the eyes of the Fisher family, who own and operate Fisher & Sons Funeral Home in Lost Angeles.

Six Feet Under is nominated for 23 Emmy Awards this year including “Outstanding Drama Series”, “Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama Series” and “Outstanding Lead Actress in a Drama Series”.

HBO will be airing a special two-hour premiere of Six Feet Under on October 12 at 10:50pm Twn/9:50pm Thai. New episodes every Tuesday at 10pm Twn/9pm Thai.

Trailers:
56k | Broadband getquicktime.gif

Comments

• Six Feet Under is an amazing show. One question though: does HBO Asia censor their shows? There's a fair amount of nudity and profanity in this series (nudity is about once every two to three shows, profanity, every show halos).
  • Finally! Some good stuff.

pinkmoon: Fairly censored, though. Not much on the profanity, but nudity's edited when they "show too much".
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Fairly censored, though. Not much on the profanity, but nudity's edited when they "show too much".
    Does this mean that they don't show "Oz" in HBO Asia? I mean, that show is full of male frontal nudity. You can see guys with their d!cks hanging loose in almost every episode.
  • Finally.
  • i don't know much about six feet under but i'm excited about it and i'm suprised that there's nudity in it, maybe that's hbo's trademark, just like the sopranos (which i like sooo much but hbo asia didn't air it)

one month to go!
  • mintymalonemintymalone PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    That's good news. If only they aired The Sopranos....
  • Originally posted by Darci
    i don't know much about six feet under but i'm excited about it and i'm suprised that there's nudity in it, maybe that's hbo's trademark, just like the sopranos (which i like sooo much but hbo asia didn't air it)

one month to go!

Well other than death the series deals with other themes such as sexual identity, relationships and sexuality in general, hence the occassional nudity and sex scenes. I mean, this is why shows like this, the Sopranos and Oz are shown on cable, not regular network TV (although here in Canada they do show the Sopranos on regular network TV, uncensored).

heymikey: yeah, as awesome as Oz is I don't think the censorhsip board over there will be able to stomach it, and not just for the nudity! ;)
  • finally!!!

while waiting for SATC season5....
  • *keyah**keyah* PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Right you are!

*okay*
  • ErnestinaErnestina PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by pinkmoon
    Six Feet Under is an amazing show. One question though: does HBO Asia censor their shows?
    oo naman! sa SATC and daming deleted scenes!!!

anyway, Six Feet Under looks good! :D
  • what is this show all about anyway? dead people? how can that be interesting?
  • Really????

That's nice. I've read about Six Feet Under in Out Magazine. I think the series involves a interracial gay couple. Six Feet Under is probably the replacement for SATC.

They say that SATC is censored here. D'yah guys know that in Singapore, the show is actually banned for its content and probably certain scenes.

Anyway, off topic. What is this Oz series?

I wish they'd show Queer as Folk here but I guess that would take some time before it happens.
  • Heard bout this show from my cousin who absolutely loves this series.. :) based on the tings she has told me bout this show.. I will definitely watch it.
  • heymikeyheymikey PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by krove
    what is this show all about anyway? dead people? how can that be interesting?
    LOL. No. Six Feet Under is a show about a dysfunctional family who owns a funeral home. The theme of the show is basically about life and death.
    Anyway, off topic. What is this Oz series?
    Oz is a show that revolves around the lives of prisoners who have committed heinous crimes. The name "Oz" comes from the Oswald Correctional Facility (which probably is fictional) where the setting of the show takes place. Since it's a show about male prisoners (almost all of the actors in the series are men -- very very few women), you can expect violence, nudity, and sex in most (if not all) of the episodes. There are scenes of prisoners getting murdered, riots inside the prison, some male prisoners getting raped by other male prisoners, and male prisoners forming homosexual relationships with other prisoners. It's pretty barbaric and crazy, but still fun to watch.
  • Originally posted by heymikey
    LOL. No. Six Feet Under is a show about a dysfunctional family who owns a funeral home. The theme of the show is basically about life and death.

Yep. Each episode starts out with a peson dying who the funeral home ends up taking in. There are various continuous plotlines assigned to each of the main characters but the dead person in each episode also has his or her own story that affects the characters. That's the brilliance of the series, it's not your standard soap. I hardly think it'll be a replacement for SATC as it deals with a lot of serious, hard-hitting themes, sex and relationships only being one of them. I even cried at the end of one particularly sad but well-written episode. No wonder it won so many awards just after the first season!
    Oz is a show that revolves around the lives of prisoners who have committed heinous crimes. The name "Oz" comes from the Oswald Correctional Facility (which probably is fictional) where the setting of the show takes place. Since it's a show about male prisoners (almost all of the actors in the series are men -- very very few women), you can expect violence, nudity, and sex in most (if not all) of the episodes. There are scenes of prisoners getting murdered, riots inside the prison, some male prisoners getting raped by other male prisoners, and male prisoners forming homosexual relationships with other prisoners. It's pretty barbaric and crazy, but still fun to watch.

Yep, but it's more than just about the violence and gore. It's like a really rough soap opera in a prison setting. The series mostly revolves around a huge cast of characters in an experimental cell block at the Oswald Correctional Facility, nickmaned M City (in reality M cell block) wherein the prisoners are not kept behind bars but behind see-through panels and are afforded more liberties and are given more programs than your average prison cell block. Again, the brilliance lies in the fact that M city (just like the glass Emerald City in the wizard of Oz) can be viewed as a twisted microcosm of society, with the dynamic that goes on between the prisoners and the people who work in the prison. I can't say enough about this series, gritty but great! *okay*
  • One of my favorite shows, start watching it from the beginning to get the full impact of the show.

Six Feet Under is a big favorite at this weeks Emmy Awards. Go SFU!!!
  • cHarL!e's AngELcHarL!e's AngEL PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    2- hour season premiere on Oct. 12, 10 pm (i think..either that or 10:30) :wink:
  • *keyah**keyah* PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I watched the season premiere. 2 hours nga. And I am getting hooked. I like Peter Krause and Rachel Griffiths.

Can't wait for next episode.

*okay*
  • ...saw the initial telecast awhile ago...very interesting dysfunctional family. :D
  • i just wanna say that this series is sooo moving... it's like watching a totally damn good art film on tv... i laughed at the first parts of each episode (especially the 'shake it, shake it' commercial:glee: ) but their realizations nearly brought me to tears.... :mecry: