Home PEx News and Tech Technology Today
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Mozilla 1.1 Released

Check out Mozilla 1.1. It has just been released and it is way faster than 1.0!!! Coolness!!!!

Comments

• CodeBoyCodeBoy www.Myweb.ph PExer
    Originally posted by prof_x
    Check out Mozilla 1.1. It has just been released and it is way faster than 1.0!!! Coolness!!!!
    Still in beta... how's the stability?
  • Pao|oPao|o Foodie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    It ain't beta.

Mozilla 1.1

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X; en-US; rv:1.1) Gecko/20020826

What I love about Moz is...

You can block images from specific servers like banner ads from doubleclick.com and ad-flow.com :)

You can go tabbed browsing. Only one lousy window to deal with!

You can bookmark multiple sites under one bookmark and access them all in one click!

You can supress unrequested windows

Stop sites from moving or resizing existing windows

Stop the raising or lowering of windows

Stop sites from hiding your status bar.

Wish list:
    Block Flash from specific servers
    Block images from specific URLs (different from the server-based approach)
    You're right. It's the release version alright. Was skimming too fast again.

Just about everything is A LOT snappier. Those annoying pauses seem to have gone. I'm increasingly preferring Mozilla to IE 6. They've definitely done it this time! Wohoo! Two thumbs up!
  • prof_xprof_x Member PExer
    Originally posted by CodeBoy
    You're right. It's the release version alright. Was skimming too fast again.

Just about everything is A LOT snappier. Those annoying pauses seem to have gone. I'm increasingly preferring Mozilla to IE 6. They've definitely done it this time! Wohoo! Two thumbs up!

People are complaining about its Java applet support -- haven't tried it yet though.
  • Pao|oPao|o Foodie PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by prof_x

People are complaining about its Java applet support -- haven't tried it yet though.
    Must be a Window-specific problem.
    Also encountered a few small bugs I didn't see in 1.0... hope they can fix this in 1.1.x...

Haven't tried applet support under 1.1 yet although it was pretty seamless under 1.0.
    Also encountered a few small bugs I didn't see in 1.0... hope they can fix this in 1.1.x...

Haven't tried applet support under 1.1 yet although it was pretty seamless under 1.0.
    I'm using Galeon under Slackware 8.1 right now - has all the great features I love in Mozilla + some very desirable ones the former doesn't: session saving, a Google toolbar (yay!), a slimmer memory footprint and somewhat better responsiveness. Plus, I was able to get java 1.4.0_01 working with it whereas I still can't figure out how to do it for Mozilla.

The Gtk UI isn't as nice as Mozilla's XUL-based one, but what the heck, the additional functionality more than makes up for it. I still want AA fonts!!!!! :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file