COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

Question about 6.1 soundcard in motherboards

PhaT_KaTPhaT_KaT Wanderlust PExer
i saw this motherboard in pcx specifically the MSI 6528LE 845Pro2 / 6.1S and MSI KT3 Ultra KT333/ ddr / 6.1S. both for around 5thou++.

a 6.1 soundcard?? hmmm. do you think that's a good alternative for a separate soundcard like creative audigy?

i'm about to buy a pc, and im wondering if its okay to purchase a motherboard with 6.1 sound then ill buy na lang a good 5.1 speaker system? reliable ba yung onboard 6.1 sound?

and since andito na ako.. magtatanong pa ako ng iba..

is it better to purchase DDR than RDRAM? hindi ko talaga alam ang bibilhin ko. i heard RDRAM will be obsolete in time (siguro pagdating na ng pentium 5?). tsaka ano ang latest na "models" ng ddr? diba may PC266... PC333... and may nakita akong PC2100 (or was it just my imagination). suggest na rin a good motherboard for a pentium 4 2.0 processor! andaming kinds of motherboards, i dont know what to choose!

please help!!!!!! :( i'll buy a pc maybe in two weeks with a budget of 50-60thousand pesos. running out of time here!

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• GatchoGatcho Member PExer
    Originally posted by PhaT_KaT
    i saw this motherboard in pcx specifically the MSI 6528LE 845Pro2 / 6.1S and MSI KT3 Ultra KT333/ ddr / 6.1S. both for around 5thou++.

a 6.1 soundcard?? hmmm. do you think that's a good alternative for a separate soundcard like creative audigy?

i'm about to buy a pc, and im wondering if its okay to purchase a motherboard with 6.1 sound then ill buy na lang a good 5.1 speaker system? reliable ba yung onboard 6.1 sound?
    MSI KT333 Ultra-ARU (same as the Ultra version kaso may RAID) ang mobo ko ... ok lang ang sound quality ng on-board sound nya ... ang problem eh mabagal performance nya ... nagkakaroon sya ng hiccups every 30sec or so ... nag-start nga ako ng thread kung merong fix or makaka2long sa akin tungkol dun pero walang nag-reply. im not sure kung sa config ko lang nangyayari yung prob na yun (Athlon XP 2000+, 256mb PC 2100 RAM, GF4 MX 440)

is it better to purchase DDR than RDRAM? hindi ko talaga alam ang bibilhin ko. i heard RDRAM will be obsolete in time (siguro pagdating na ng pentium 5?). tsaka ano ang latest na "models" ng ddr? diba may PC266... PC333... and may nakita akong PC2100 (or was it just my imagination). suggest na rin a good motherboard for a pentium 4 2.0 processor! andaming kinds of motherboards, i dont know what to choose!

please help!!!!!! :( i'll buy a pc maybe in two weeks with a budget of 50-60thousand pesos. running out of time here!

thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Pentium ba bibilhin mo? yung mobo na binanggit mo eh para sa AMD Athlon/Duron yun. kung gusto mo maghanap ng magandang mobo's ... magbasa ka ng reviews sa www.sharkyextreme.com ... www.tomshardware.com ... www.anandtech.com

DDR:
    PC 2100 = 266
    PC 2700 = 333
  • Originally posted by PhaT_KaT
    MSI 6528LE 845Pro2 -> for Pentium
    MSI KT3 Ultra KT333 -> for AMD

is it better to purchase DDR than RDRAM?
    if you're going to ask me, my recommendation is DDR. first, it costs a lot cheaper than RDRAM. a 256MB PC2700 DDR costs around P3500-3700, whereas 2x128MB PC800 RDRAM costs around P5000+ if i'm not mistaken.

second, it's hard to find RDRAM now plus the fact that most motherboards now support DDR instead of RDRAM. only mobo w/ Intel 850 (and its variants) support RDRAM.

third, ocular inspection tells us that the difference of DDR and RDRAM in terms of performance is nominal.
    suggest na rin a good motherboard for a pentium 4 2.0 processor! andaming kinds of motherboards, i dont know what to choose!
    i have read from various reviews that mobos w/ Intel 845G chipsets perform very well even w/ only DDR support. :D
  • PhaT_KaTPhaT_KaT Wanderlust PExer
    thanks gacho and babadsacomputer!

hmmm..okay..pang-athlon pala yung isang MSI. im buying the P4 2.0 GHZ or the 2.2.
    i have read from various reviews that mobos w/ Intel 845G chipsets perform very well even w/ only DDR support.

so .. i should buy mobos with 845G chipsets?

i tried going there kaya lang hindi ko maintindihan. hehe!

btw, kung may soundcard na yung mobo na 5.1 or 6.1, do i have to buy a seprate soundcard? can they replace or do they have the same quality as a 5.1 audigy?
  • Originally posted by PhaT_KaT
    so .. i should buy mobos with 845G chipsets?
    try reading this (about mobo reviews w/ 845G chipsets: http://www.tomshardware.com/mainboard/02q3/020722/index.html
    btw, kung may soundcard na yung mobo na 5.1 or 6.1, do i have to buy a seprate soundcard? can they replace or do they have the same quality as a 5.1 audigy?
    IMHO, the quality of the on-board sound cannot replace that of the audigy. i believe many of us would agree w/ me. it's up to you actually. if you're going to ask me, an on-board sound is quite good for me though. medyo insensitive naman ako sa audio quality eh...hehe :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file