Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences

Honesty

would u gonna tell EVERYTHING about ur past to ur gf/bf?
how do u expect him/her to be honest with you?
are white lies good/better?
they say... wag daw 100% since mawawala ung "mystery"...
what d'ya think guys?

Comments

• well not everything.... i'd keep some to myself... if ever i'd decided to tell him everything, i'd do it slowly...

i do expect him to be honest w/ me... if not 100% honest, basta faithful...it would be ok...

white lies?? i think normal lang sa relationship yun... just make sure that those simple white lies won't lead to other lies...
  • KhellKhell PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well, that would depend on the girl already. If she's tellin me everything about her, then I'd do the same. If not, then don't expect me to tell the girl a lot about me. It's quite alright to tell about yourself. As what everybody says, everyday is a learning process for couples and a lifetime isn't enough to get to know your S.O. completely. ;)
  • I think honesty is a great foundation for a relationship. Her knowing me for who I really am, good and bad... I personally am an open book to my gf. Of course, things that may affect (or even hurt) her from my past (relationships) e hindi ko na vino-volunteer na sabihin sa kanya. Pero if she digs in or if the subject comes up, e I'd tell her openly... :)
  • bagelbagel PEx Rookie ⭐
    "always tell the truth, so you won't forget what you said"

i agree with everything JarJar said. *okay*

also, keeping both your consciences clear will go a long way to keeping your relationship stable.

:D
  • pinkrosepinkrose PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Depends on the past and depends on the bf. If I’ve had a shady past with no chance of coming back to haunt me and if the bf’s not telling everything (you’ll know; intuition my dear), I won’t. :redgrin:
  • id tell him everything he needs to know..but white lies wont hurt and if you think some of your "secrets" will ruin your relationship, then maybe you should think twice..some guys will tell you that he doesn't care about your past,BUT when arguments arise, he's gonna shove your "secrets" to your face...
  • id tell him everything he needs to know..but white lies wont hurt and if you think some of your "secrets" will ruin your relationship, then maybe you should think twice..some guys will tell you that he doesn't care about your past,BUT when arguments arise, he's gonna shove your "secrets" to your face...
  • of course...

i'd want them to love me for me and not some girl hidden by lies. not that i'd tell them absolutely everything about me... it'll be a slow process, and if i trust the person and feel that they trust me back i'd tell them what they need to know...

its nice to share secrets with your loved one coz that way you know that they accept you for who you are and vice versa... unless they've commited murder and stuff like that. :glee:

i think its okay to tell them personal things...

but then again, there are just some things you need to keep to yourself...to know that you still have something...

get what i mean?..
  • well it's not about the mystery....it's ok to keep some secrets...
  • sure...

probably at first i would keep a couple for myself but as time pass by, things juz slips out of my tongue without the intention of telling him. its the closeness and comfort that i feel around him is wut keeps me open. :)

*pinkcheer*
  • BlisterBlister PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    yup :) kesa sa iba pa nya marinig.
  • The problem with lies is that you have to cover up... then cover up the first cover up... Somehow you will have to keep track of all the cover ups. Then baka may makawala via the "slip of the tongue." Why go through all these? Unless you know how to juggle things and are constantly aware of tracking such lies (white...or black or whatever.) Whereas if you speak the truth... no cover ups... Maski na mag "slip of the tongue" ka, it's still the truth... Now if your partner "can't handle the truth" then he or she is not worthy of you. Kasi they can't accept you for who you truly are.
  • honesty always pay-off. it may hurt but u know it'll always be true.
  • Originally posted by starwish
    would u gonna tell EVERYTHING about ur past to ur gf/bf?
    how do u expect him/her to be honest with you?
    are white lies good/better?
    they say... wag daw 100% since mawawala ung "mystery"...
    what d'ya think guys?

1st question---> i would tell him only if he ask...
    2nd question--> i expect guys to be secretive...but i don't take it against them... i just don't want him to lie or as much as he could, i hope he wouldn't keep anything from me which i know is quite impossible... basta galingan na lang nya coz once I caught him... patay sya! :lol:
    3rd ?---> white lies? it still depends if it will do any harm in a relationship...
    4th---> it depends on how the two of you will handle and value honesty. it doesn't mean that there wouldn't be any nysteries at all... it really depends on you. some couple prefer to keep the privacy for themselves, but some work out more when they openly and honestly communicate about everything... :up:
  • hmmm... ideally I'd want to be completely honest with a girl and vice versa pero siguro you just have to be really careful how you say it and when to tell her...

I mean... I'm sure kung mejo conservative yung girl... mabibigla yun kung biglang ikukuwento mo mga sexcapades mo diba?!? hahah!! j/k :D

wait... now that I think about it... that would be being too honest heheh... there's no need for past details in a new relationship...

the honesty I'm looking for would only be about things like past boyfriends/girlfriends... if anything happened with someone else while I was courting her (para naman alam ko kaagad who would would try to make sulot diba? heheh) ;)

basta... its a lot better to find these things out from the girl herself diba? :D
  • I can be honest.

For me, it pays to be honest to your partner, though they say “truth” can hurt.

Love is measured greatly if one can accept you for who and what you are, despite, inspite of, for better or for worse.

If your guy or girl can’t stomach your flaws or your imperfections, physical or not, it means he or she loves you but is not prepared to understand and accept you for what you really are. That makes Loving someone an arduos preoccupation. For though you feel love for someone, you will really not be able to justify it unless you accept the person for all of his or her imperfections, weaknesses . . .and understand him/her for the ugly experiences that s/he has encountered in life. Not really that easy.

LOVE, after all, is not an overnight feeling or sensation that you experience. It’s a Process—it requires TIME to grow and develop. . . until it can establish itself fully so as to be Firm and Strong and Stable. . . and Secure.

Honesty is an important ingredient in the “Recipe of Love.” As vinegar to a “Kinilaw.” :)
  • thanks guys....

ideally rin, i wanted na maging open kami sa isa't isa....

and, i think, i kinda made it too fast for him to know everything that had happened when he was away...

well... he went into "hiding" for about a year... which, i thought, it means HE had broken up with me... kse, lam nman guys di ba, and from what he told me before sa past nya, he would just get out off the relationship if ayaw na nya, kse, mas degrading nman sa girl if ever guy ung makipag-break... so, slowly, i learned to accept... until such time (5th month hiding) that someone came along....

but that someone, i dont really love... maybe, for the attention he's giving me, and the concern he's showing the time na nawala ung una... i thought i'll learn to love this guy... but, until today (8th month since knowing 2nd guy) the space in my heart (naks) still belongs sa una....

then, he suddenly came... telling me he realized na he also cant forget me, and he still loves me.... and i could just welcome him with open arms... but im into this relationship, but even months or weeks before, i wanted to end it na, pero, the guy's so insisting.... kaya lang siguro tumagal....

then... 3 or 4 weeks we've been talking (first guy), i just told him bout things that had happened when he was gone.... i wanted to let him know... not to hurt him and gantihan sya... but to let him know, that despite all, i still love him...

well.... things i've learned in honesty.....

you should really know the
    .....right timing......
    .....right words to say....

when i told him bout things that had happened, nagalit sya before, kse, i thought, nung usap kami, we're in the topic... un pla, ang layo for him.... and sabi nya, sana la daw muna ganon, kse he knows may kasalanan nga sya.... well, my friend said, maybe he was just shocked bout knowing it....

anyways....

i'll be more careful with words and mas lalong in tune sa feelings nya, or kung sino man :)

anyway, we're still together now (2nd mo p lang) and... i hope i have learned na from that....

thank you guys for ur inputs... truly-ly talaga.....

nga pala.... what is the difference between being tactless and being honest.....

..siguro its on how u say it noh? :)
  • Honesty is the bestest policy

To be honest with your other half is the most priceless gift you can offer. You will not worry of other people blackmailing you coz you know that you have not done anything wrong.

About past relationships, its better to live the in the past, but if she asks and insist that you answer, make sure that she or he is the person who can handle it and she/he is the person who will not use it as a point against you.
  • Same here. I also don't prefer that we wll know about each other because first, the mystery will be lost. Second, it would make both of us kiss-and-tell. Of course none of us wants to be kissed then narrated to others, do we?

The most impotant thing is that we are both legal and without hang ups from the past. :)
  • its hard to tell EVERYTHING.. kahit na sabihin mong mahal mo yung person na yun.. pwede kang unahan ng takot or hiya.. siguro when it comes to past relationships, kaya ko pang sabihin sa kanya lahat.. pero when it comes to me, ayoko muna sabihin ang lahat lahat tungkol saken.. medyo unfair kc yung gf ko, walang tinatago saken.. pero kc magkaiba naman kami ng situation..

but ill tell her naman once na kaya ko na.. hehe.. i just need time..