COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

IPO Initial Public Offering

Comments

• mj_chiqmj_chiq Member PExer
    When there's a follow-on offering of a certain publicly listed company, will its current stock price increase after the second offer??
  • cvgt2cvgt2 Member PExer
    I believe the underwriter for Splash is First Metro and SB Capital. I am not sure with i-remit. Parang first metro rin ata or was it BDO Capital? I'll check, hehe...:)

As for the limit of stock price, the money you're paying always has to be a minimum of four figures. If a stock cost P6.00, minimum you can buy is 1000 shares so you shell out P6,000. If a stock cost
    P12.00, minimum you can buy is 100 shares so you pay P1,200 to the broker.

I-remit's IPO price range is P4 to P5.77, while the max for Splash is
    P11.18. That means minimum shell-out for Iremit is 1000 shs for P4,000 to P5,770 while the minimum for Splash is 100 shs at P1,118 or if it prices P9.90, minimum is 1000 shs at P9,900.

As for which company is a better buy, we still have to see the valuation...*okay*

thanks! but do u mean maximum instead of minimum? correct me if im wrong.
  • cvgt2cvgt2 Member PExer
    how much do you think the price of gma stocks would be after a year from start of listing?

3yrs?

10yrs?
  • feisty_viragofeisty_virago full-time freak PExer
    it depends. There are cases when a listed company's stock prices increase after a follow-on offer(whether primary or secondary) and be able to sustain it, but likewise, there are cases when stock prices fall at the end of the day, even if it rises to a small high upon the opening/start of trading. It all boils down to what investors think of the stock, whether its worth keeping or they're in it for just a quick buck...;)

mj_chiq wrote: »
    When there's a follow-on offering of a certain publicly listed company, will its current stock price increase after the second offer??
    it depends. There are cases when a listed company's stock prices increase after a follow-on offer(whether primary or secondary) and be able to sustain it, but likewise, there are cases when stock prices fall at the end of the day, even if it rises to a small high upon the opening/start of trading. It all boils down to what investors think of the stock, whether its worth keeping or they're in it for just a quick buck...;)

Thanks for the info:)
    cvgt2 wrote: »
    how much do you think the price of gma stocks would be after a year from start of listing?

3yrs?

10yrs?

GMA7 hasn't regained its former week high. I think they have to start opening their stocks to foreign investors. My broker told me that GMA is aiming P20/ share come October. However, this doesn't seem to work out since it's only trading at P9.30 at the moment.
    My question is: How come GMA7 doesn't allow foreign investors to invest in their stocks?
    My question is: How come GMA7 doesn't allow foreign investors to invest in their stocks?

By law, foreigners aren't allowed to hold common shares of our local broadcasting firms, that is why GMA holdings made the GMA Philippine Depositary Peceipts (GMA PDRs or GMAP stock symbol) to accomodate foreigners who are interested to invest in GMA. GMA7 shares, the common shares, are only to be owned by Filipinos.
    GMA7 hasn't regained its former week high. I think they have to start opening their stocks to foreign investors. My broker told me that GMA is aiming P20/ share come October. However, this doesn't seem to work out since it's only trading at P9.30 at the moment.

Whoa! Anong valuation approach ang ginamit nila jan? They must teach me how they arrived at that figure.:lol:

I only heard that GMA could only go as high at P15/sh end-2007, (in a conservative to best-case scenario). May mga lock-up period pa ang ibang GMA employees so the moment they are allowed to sell their shares, dilluted na naman yung float sa market. So at 9.30 today, I'm only looking at P13/sh by Dec 2007. If it reaches P15-20 by October, I'm pretty sure may magandang news na mangyayari, like MVP acquiring GMA7(:naughty: !!!) or super lamang sila sa ratings, or may nangyaring hindi kanais-nais sa kabilang station...(mga speculations talaga, tsk.tsk... hehe...:D ) in just less than a month?

Or maybe your broker knows something we don't?;)
    hmmmm....*okay*
    Hmm.. I don't think my broker knows something I should know, and he should be telling me! haha!:naughty: Anyway, I don't think GMA7 can go as high as P20/share come October. I think that's very ambitious of them!:)

What do you think of ALI? You think it would go as high as 25/share in October?? :bashful:

I'm very much excited with Pepsi Cola's IPO! Can't wait for its public announcement!
  • mac_blackmac_black Member PExer
    sino may PETRON stocks dito? more than a decade ago kc nag offer sila ng IPO... ang price was i think 9pesos that time.. eh kumusta naman ngayon... nasa 5pesos or less na lang ata...
    at ang earnings ko dito???? less than 300pesos/YEAR!!!
    ang gandang investment diba? until now di ko maibenta.
  • p6p6 Member PExer
    investing in phil stocks? join a live YM chat among phisix investors during trading hours. exchange live chat - ideas, ask questions and discuss topics about stocks. to join, send me a pm, will let you know how to join.
    mac_black wrote: »
    sino may PETRON stocks dito? more than a decade ago kc nag offer sila ng IPO... ang price was i think 9pesos that time.. eh kumusta naman ngayon... nasa 5pesos or less na lang ata...
    at ang earnings ko dito???? less than 300pesos/YEAR!!!
    ang gandang investment diba? until now di ko maibenta.

Bakit hindo mo mabenta? Have you talked to your broker? You should have sold it during the consistent bull months years ago..:hmm:
  • --SuperBoy----SuperBoy-- Manunulat PExer
    bakit patuloy ang pag-erode ng gma stocks kahit na maganda na ang performance ng pse ngayon? everyday nababawasan sya ng 10 cents. 8.7 na lang sya ngayon. nakakalungkot naman, na-excite pa naman ako sa unang weeks nya.
    bakit patuloy ang pag-erode ng gma stocks kahit na maganda na ang performance ng pse ngayon? everyday nababawasan sya ng 10 cents. 8.7 na lang sya ngayon. nakakalungkot naman, na-excite pa naman ako sa unang weeks nya.

OO nga eh, 8.50 na lang sya as of today.. Buti na lang I didn't get the chance to get the IPO that time.
  • --SuperBoy----SuperBoy-- Manunulat PExer
    8.5? kainis.
  • anino83anino83 ....is coming to get you! PExer
    Any new Ipo's coming?

Whats your read on splash's ipo? Would it follow Iremit's debut?
    anino83 wrote: »
    Any new Ipo's coming?

Whats your read on splash's ipo? Would it follow Iremit's debut?

i-remit performed better than expected, reaching a high of 5.9 on listing day. we were only looking at P5.6 on a best case scenario and P5.20 high on a worst case scenario. it has since stablized on the 5.3-5.5 level. let's wait awhile to see how this fare on december when the greenbacks start coming in. :)

Splash...well, i'm excited about it actually. i think it has potential. i have to attend the analysts briefing tomorrow to better dissect the issue and ask questions that may not have been covered in the red herring.:) so better get ready to ask your friendly neigborhood broker to start reserving Splash shares for you. Treating him/her out for lunch would be greatly appreciated :lol: *just kidding*
    8.5? kainis.

for some people, yes it sucks. but some were absolutely delighted when it reached P8.00. some bought at that price to average down their costs, while some were thrilled to be able to purchase GMA at a price lower than its IPO price. Our well-off clients were actually namamakyaw at the P8-8.20 level, spending an average value of 6 figures on GMA7/P stocks. Like how the old Wall street adage goes, 'BUY WHEN THERE'S BLOOD IN THE STREET!' those clients of ours really took that advice to heart, believeing that GMA's performance/ratings will go up by the end of the year. Hehe. Marimar must know something that we don't.;)
  • son23katson23kat http://geekandmoney.com PExer
    for some people, yes it sucks. but some were absolutely delighted when it reached P8.00. some bought at that price to average down their costs, while some were thrilled to be able to purchase GMA at a price lower than its IPO price. Our well-off clients were actually namamakyaw at the P8-8.20 level, spending an average value of 6 figures on GMA7/P stocks. Like how the old Wall street adage goes, 'BUY WHEN THERE'S BLOOD IN THE STREET!' those clients of ours really took that advice to heart, believeing that GMA's performance/ratings will go up by the end of the year. Hehe. Marimar must know something that we don't.;)

GMA stocks jumped from 8.5 to 8.9. Too bad i bought them at 9.00. If only i had waited for it to drop to 8.00. But when it did, i didn't have the money to buy na. sayang...

I hope i get lucky with Splash IPO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file