COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance. Please update your email address.

Thanks,
pexer99

IPO Initial Public Offering

Comments

• wrote:
    yeah,pity these sh%#*!!..there they go again...the damage's been done but they still adding salt and insult to injury!!!...die aready people!!
  • chillyflakeschillyflakes Member PExer
    Ibang klase rin mag timing yung mga Marcos.. I think they're really screwed up!! Wala na siguro silang magawa so palagi nalang nangugulo!! Unbelievable ..
  • QuadradoQuadrado Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hehe.We all know how the Marcoses feel about the Lopezes so I guess that's why they're running after GMA shares, not ABS, if they're really serious about owning a media company...:lol:

Well, she can always buy majority of GMA shares via the secondary market if she wants to to earn a sit on the BOD. Since GMA is very profitable naman, once a director, she can declare dividends as often as she wants in order to pay for what she spent buying the shares and then buy-out Duavit, the Jimenezes and the Gozons if she wants to.:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That is, if MVP doesn't beat her to it...

Turn-on talaga ang mga analysis ni Ms Feisty... ;) Tell me your broker id so I can cut my relationships with 126, 235 & 112!!! :lol:

Yeah, rumor has it on the streets that MVP is keen on getting a stake on GMA... Just a conspiracy theory, don't you think it will be a good opportunity for him to gobble up some slice of the pie this coming monday? This is considering the fact that some people would opt to make quick buck for fear of another "AP" like listing in light of the bad market situation. I think if he has the warchest, it would be a good time to hoard for him.

P.D. Sold 10K (5K GMA7 & 5K GMAP) @ 10.25 (less transaction tax & commission) Not BAD!!! *okay*

Will be shifting to AT... :naughty:
  • tidus1203tidus1203 star of the abes! PExer
    Last I heard, there were actually some people buying it at
    P11.:rolleyes:

Analysts are saying that those who bought it at P11 are going to be holding it for more than six months to make decent profits, coz its expected to start trading at the range of P9.20 (worst case scenario) to P9.80 above (best case scenario) come Monday.

Me thinks too eh mukang babagsak nanaman ata sa Monday yung broader market since bagsak nanaman US nung Friday. That should not provide buying interest at all. Bad timing for GMA, pero I am sure its still gonna do well compared to AP and VLL.
  • tidus1203 wrote: »
    Me thinks too eh mukang babagsak nanaman ata sa Monday yung broader market since bagsak nanaman US nung Friday. That should not provide buying interest at all. Bad timing for GMA, pero I am sure its still gonna do well compared to AP and VLL.

so,does it mean pwede n pomorma ung mga d nk bili ng ipo?shopping galore ata yun pag nagk gnun n mdjo mahina pasok ng gma pra ung iba mpag bigyan naman...then wait for a while til everythig stabilizes a bit and there you go..let's see wat happens..hopefully mas ok xa ksa dun s mga nauna.right,feisty?
  • abcxyzabcxyz newbie PExer
    not complaining if gmap stays at offer price tomorrow. it just gives people who were unable to buy all the shares they want to buy more.
  • kaningbrownkaningbrown Member PExer
    Last I heard, there were actually some people buying it at
    P11.:rolleyes:

Analysts are saying that those who bought it at P11 are going to be holding it for more than six months to make decent profits, coz its expected to start trading at the range of P9.20 (worst case scenario) to P9.80 above (best case scenario) come Monday.

Pretty prophetic stuff. XD
    comsidering the sell down last friday and the further deterioration today and over-all negative sentiments, gma7 and gmap closing at 10.50 and 11.00 says it did very well.
  • --SuperBoy----SuperBoy-- Manunulat PExer
    yeah, buti na lang d naka-apekto sa gma IPO
  • feisty_viragofeisty_virago full-time freak PExer
    abcxyz wrote: »
    comsidering the sell down last friday and the further deterioration today and over-all negative sentiments, gma7 and gmap closing at 10.50 and 11.00 says it did very well.

Yeah. Haaay naku, noh...:rotflmao: This is the hottest IPO of the year and everyone has been waiting for this, like, forever :lol: . People saved up for this (took profits agad from AP and totally ignored VLL) so dapat lang it should do ok man lang. But the good thing about this IPO is that there is some support from Deutsche. Other foreign firms are also buying this yesterday. Methinks nga if the US market wasn't that down, baka nag-ceiling pa ito kahapon.
    :)
    with the DOW recovering some last night and some fears removed among local investors, the GMA IPO should do much better now. those who bought yesterday may be rewarded handsomely today.
    Yup, wait til it stabilizes first. Then buy. You know the old adage: buy low, sell high? If you're really brave and have faith in your stock of choice, the rule of thumb is Buy high, sell higher.;)

GMA pa. With the Gozons, Jimenezes and Duavits behind it, I'm sure papataasin nila yan...:D

But beware nalang if a certain Marcos lady gains control of it someday.:lol:

so,does it mean pwede n pomorma ung mga d nk bili ng ipo?shopping galore ata yun pag nagk gnun n mdjo mahina pasok ng gma pra ung iba mpag bigyan naman...then wait for a while til everythig stabilizes a bit and there you go..let's see wat happens..hopefully mas ok xa ksa dun s mga nauna.right,feisty?
    abcxyz wrote: »
    with the DOW recovering some last night and some fears removed among local investors, the GMA IPO should do much better now. those who bought yesterday may be rewarded handsomely today.

Hi abcxyz. You a broker too? Or an analyst? Or a seasoned investor? :D Yup, this is a very, very good correction, if I might say. People are saying that this might be a sign that the bull run is over but I'm still bullish it will continue until 2008...until the Olympics in China at least. Of course, todo window-dressing yan ng mga Chinese firms, hehehe.:lol:

I'll worry after the Olympics, hehe...;)
  • mj_chiqmj_chiq Member PExer
    Can someone tell me how stock prices fluctuate? What are the primary reasons?
  • tidus1203tidus1203 star of the abes! PExer
    ONE WORD. SENTIMENT. And thats the only thing that moves stock prices PERIOD People can say that X company made X earnings thats why X stock went up. But that is the reason why SENTIMENT went up thus demand thus buying pressure thus stock goes up. There are many reasons why SENTIMENT changes both positive and negative and you will just go crazy knowing all of them. Just know the SENTIMENT as depicted by the price action and more often than not you will even beat out people why say whatever reasons why stocks are making their moves.
    Hi abcxyz. You a broker too? Or an analyst? Or a seasoned investor? :D Yup, this is a very, very good correction, if I might say. People are saying that this might be a sign that the bull run is over but I'm still bullish it will continue until 2008...until the Olympics in China at least. Of course, todo window-dressing yan ng mga Chinese firms, hehehe.:lol:

I'll worry after the Olympics, hehe...;)

im just an investor.

gmap/7 is holding well, considering the market seem to be in a free fall. but these days - all best are off. whats happening to the market does not seem to be just a correction, it feels like a free fall.
  • cvgt2cvgt2 Member PExer
    i-remit and splash will be listed on October.

any idea who are the underwriters of i-remit and splash?

i-remit will be listed oct15, how about splash?

both are good companies, which will u invest in?

what is the limit for each? like for gma, only 1000shares were offered per person.
  • pgmapgma Member PExer
    mj_chiq wrote: »

supply n demand
    mj_chiq wrote: »

Several things such as uncertainty on the market outlook (like with what we're experiencing now, thanks to the US subprime rates), new information regarding the listed company, psychological factors like fear and greed and finally, supply and demand. That's when sentiment kicks in...:)
    cvgt2 wrote: »
    i-remit and splash will be listed on October.

any idea who are the underwriters of i-remit and splash?

i-remit will be listed oct15, how about splash?

both are good companies, which will u invest in?

what is the limit for each? like for gma, only 1000shares were offered per person.

I believe the underwriter for Splash is First Metro and SB Capital. I am not sure with i-remit. Parang first metro rin ata or was it BDO Capital? I'll check, hehe...:)

As for the limit of stock price, the money you're paying always has to be a minimum of four figures. If a stock cost P6.00, minimum you can buy is 1000 shares so you shell out P6,000. If a stock cost
    P12.00, minimum you can buy is 100 shares so you pay P1,200 to the broker.

I-remit's IPO price range is P4 to P5.77, while the max for Splash is
    P11.18. That means minimum shell-out for Iremit is 1000 shs for P4,000 to P5,770 while the minimum for Splash is 100 shs at P1,118 or if it prices P9.90, minimum is 1000 shs at P9,900.

As for which company is a better buy, we still have to see the valuation...*okay*

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file