COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

IPO Initial Public Offering

Comments

• summit012summit012 Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    what's next after gma and vll?
  • feisty_viragofeisty_virago full-time freak PExer
    At P8.50, that's at 20.15x. As of 1Q2007, net income is P440.7M. If we assume constant income for the rest of 3 quarters is the same, the full year profit is 440.7 M X4 = 1.7B so the EPS for 2007 will be approximately .367 and a projected PER of 23X for 2007 . However, it should be noted that the high income, especially for the 1Q07 is due to the heavy spending this election by the candidates, and that is just a one-time, non-recurring income for them (well, at least three years later again) plus the fact that employees are still on a lock-up period so the outstanding shares will increase once the employees are allowed to sell their shares.

Hehe, btw, with Angel Locsin leaving GMA, let's see if GMA can do as good without her, or even better....;)

ABS is currently trading at 38x. It offered the IPO price at around P15 if I'm not mistaken way back in 1992.
    Dragonmate wrote: »
    Would you know how GMA7's PE ratio compares to that of ABSCBN? Wouldn't that be an indication of how high the price of GMA7's stock could reach?
    PNB- will become fully privatized. Government already sold its shares. Listing is on August 1.:)

Yehey, Anchor Land, STI Group , Pikeville Resources, Inc.,Golden Arches (otherwise known as McDo Philippines:lol: , the franchise holder of McDonalds) Seaoil Philippines, Corp are said to be doing their IPO within the year.

By next year, it is rumored that BayanTrade, Cebu Pacific Air Inc., Figaro Coffee and Intelligent Wave Philippines, Inc. will be having their IPOs assuming the capital market is still doing okay...

summit012 wrote: »
  • PNB- will become fully privatized. Government already sold it shares. Listing is on August 1.:)

Yehey, Anchor Land, STI Group , Pikeville Resources, Inc.,Golden Arches (otherwise known as McDo Philippines:lol: , the franchise holder of McDonalds) Seaoil Philippines, Corp are said to be doing their IPO within the year.

By next year, it is rumored that BayanTrade, Cebu Pacific Air Inc., Figaro Coffee and Intelligent Wave Philippines, Inc. will be having their IPOs assuming the capital market is still doing okay...

you got very interesting posts,feisty..keep 'em coming...i got a lot of insights from you.. me too,i think gma's too late for me now..anyway,more are coming as far as ipos are concerned..let's see what happpens with gma and maybe it will provide us more clue on how to deal with these things...
  • chillyflakeschillyflakes Member PExer
    Hi Feisty,

Thanks for your interesting posts ! I totally agree with you re this "But then again, knowing GMA, hindi papatalo sa ABS yan. Feeling ko hindi lang sa ratings game magcocompete yang 2, kundi pati rin sa stock performance. Maganda naman kasi fundamentals ng GMA (pang-long term) so I'd probably buy more shares when it lists sa market at a good price." - Yung management ng GMA is very competitive.. They have a great leader so Im sure hindi rin sila magpapatalo sa stock performance :D

Thanks again :D Was able to get some shares.. What do you think of PNB naman? Looks good also diba?
  • r_yan_hindi_nr_yan_hindi_n Registered User PExer
    im planning to buy Golden Arches'... please enlighten me about this, esp about the price per share and the minimum shares required... and what steps shall i do sa ngayon?
    Well, first and foremost, you should have an account with a brokerage firm . It is important that you get to meet your trader with whom you'll be asking to execute your trades for you. You should be comfortable with him or her and you have to make sure s/he is a registered certified securities representative accredited by both the PSE and SEC. . If you know a trader whom your friends can refer, go to him/her. If you don't know anyone, I can be your trader. (Not that I'm advertising myself but I can be your last resort :)). Likewise, you can also trade via online.

The prospectus of Golden Arches is not yet available because the IPO application is still pending with SEC. The firm usually notifies the brokers via a disclosure several days before its roadshow and the red herring (the prospectus) follows soon. As for the price, it really depends on how much money the company needs to raise, its market capitalization, the number of shares it will be issuing, and the demand for it. The company offers a price range first on the onset of the roadshow and will finalize it on the middle of the roadshow.

As of now, you should be opening an account already with a brokerage firm. In our firm's policy, our clients should be doing some trades with us, even just small trades, to assure us you're really serious in trading. Because of the IPO fever, we can only accomodate clients who have been regularly trading with us and who have been giving us business. It's like, why should we give limited IPO shares to someone who just opened an account with us and won't probably trade with us after taking his/her profits versus someone who, despite trading small amounts, regularly trades with us naman even if there's no IPO. I'm sure that's the rule of other brokerage firms when it comes to IPOs, (especially if the shares allocated per brokerage firm is very limited)even if they don't say it aloud.

On the other hand, if you want it on certificate form, you don't have to open an account with brokegare firm. You can get application forms via banks that are part of the underwriting process (i.e. if the underwriter is bdo capital, get application forms from BDO and Equitable branches. if the underwriter is First metro, applications should be available in metrobank. IF BPI capital is the underwriter, get forms from BPI branches etc.) Theres no assurance you'll get shares from them though coz they also prioritize their clients first. But if you're a client of, say, BDO and the underwriter for a certain IPO is BDO Capital, there is a higher chance you'll get a small allocation. But either way, if you plan to sell your shares na, you still have to have that certificate lodged in a brokerage firm. And you really have to open an account with a brokerage firm na.;)

I hope this helps.:)
    im planning to buy Golden Arches'... please enlighten me about this, esp about the price per share and the minimum shares required... and what steps shall i do sa ngayon?
    Well, it's relatively okay. At P59/sh, it's discounted already from the last trading price of P65. I'd probably get a small holding and sell it once it reaches P65 again. But probably medium to long-term ang panghawak dito.

Well, if PNB did good with the government having a say on its operations, it probably could do better if privatized and under the complete control of no other than the Kapitan himself;) most especially with PNB's upcoming merger with Allied Bank...:)

Hi Feisty,

Thanks for your interesting posts ! I totally agree with you re this "But then again, knowing GMA, hindi papatalo sa ABS yan. Feeling ko hindi lang sa ratings game magcocompete yang 2, kundi pati rin sa stock performance. Maganda naman kasi fundamentals ng GMA (pang-long term) so I'd probably buy more shares when it lists sa market at a good price." - Yung management ng GMA is very competitive.. They have a great leader so Im sure hindi rin sila magpapatalo sa stock performance :D

Thanks again :D Was able to get some shares.. What do you think of PNB naman? Looks good also diba?
    I'd like to believe that the 'dismal' performance of Aboitiz Power during its IPO was due to the fact that people were in a hurry to take profits so they can have more funds for the GMA IPO which will list on the bourse on the 30th. (At P5.50, now is actually a good time to buy AP stocks, coz its like way below IPO price. You just have to shell out excess cash though coz pang medium term ang AP). These companies want to go public before August, kaya nagsiksikan lahat sa July. They don't want to list in August to mid September because of the hungry ghost month. It wll prolly recover once the Autumn (mooncake) festival sets in sometime in September. So expect the market to be lethargic for at least a few weeks starting August... but hey, if you're not into those things, its actually a good time to buy stocks. They usually recover on the fourth quarter once companies start preparing for Christmas and window-dressing.:) By September, baka may mga IPO na naman ulit...:)

you got very interesting posts,feisty..keep 'em coming...i got a lot of insights from you.. me too,i think gma's too late for me now..anyway,more are coming as far as ipos are concerned..let's see what happpens with gma and maybe it will provide us more clue on how to deal with these things...
  • HenrikHenrik Member PExer
    summit012 wrote: »

Even the Belo Medical Group is intending to do an IPO.
  • pgmapgma Member PExer
    I wonder why dr. belo wants to raise capital? for more clinics? prestige? :D
  • HenrikHenrik Member PExer
    pgma wrote: »
    I wonder why dr. belo wants to raise capital? for more clinics? prestige? :D

Working capital, she says. She believes that with their current expansion and the potential of the wellness and/or medical tourism industries, an IPO seems viable.

Can't blame her in joining the IPO party, can we?
  • QuadradoQuadrado Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well, first and foremost, you should have an account with a brokerage firm . It is important that you get to meet your trader with whom you'll be asking to execute your trades for you. You should be comfortable with him or her and you have to make sure s/he is a registered certified securities representative accredited by both the PSE and SEC. . If you know a trader whom your friends can refer, go to him/her. If you don't know anyone, I can be your trader. (Not that I'm advertising myself but I can be your last resort :)). Likewise, you can also trade via online.

The prospectus of Golden Arches is not yet available because the IPO application is still pending with SEC. The firm usually notifies the brokers via a disclosure several days before its roadshow and the red herring (the prospectus) follows soon. As for the price, it really depends on how much money the company needs to raise, its market capitalization, the number of shares it will be issuing, and the demand for it. The company offers a price range first on the onset of the roadshow and will finalize it on the middle of the roadshow.

As of now, you should be opening an account already with a brokerage firm. In our firm's policy, our clients should be doing some trades with us, even just small trades, to assure us you're really serious in trading. Because of the IPO fever, we can only accomodate clients who have been regularly trading with us and who have been giving us business. It's like, why should we give limited IPO shares to someone who just opened an account with us and won't probably trade with us after taking his/her profits versus someone who, despite trading small amounts, regularly trades with us naman even if there's no IPO. I'm sure that's the rule of other brokerage firms when it comes to IPOs, (especially if the shares allocated per brokerage firm is very limited)even if they don't say it aloud.

On the other hand, if you want it on certificate form, you don't have to open an account with brokegare firm. You can get application forms via banks that are part of the underwriting process (i.e. if the underwriter is bdo capital, get application forms from BDO and Equitable branches. if the underwriter is First metro, applications should be available in metrobank. IF BPI capital is the underwriter, get forms from BPI branches etc.) Theres no assurance you'll get shares from them though coz they also prioritize their clients first. But if you're a client of, say, BDO and the underwriter for a certain IPO is BDO Capital, there is a higher chance you'll get a small allocation. But either way, if you plan to sell your shares na, you still have to have that certificate lodged in a brokerage firm. And you really have to open an account with a brokerage firm na.;)

I hope this helps.:)

Sir, it was written in Business World some weeks back that Golden Arch Dev't Corp is scrapping its plans to list in the bourse...

Did they changed their mind?
    Quadrado wrote: »
    Local McDonald’s chain defers IPO

Golden Arches Development Corp. (GADC), the Philippine franchise holder of global fastfood giant McDonald’s is temporarily putting plans to list at the Philippine Stock Exchange on the back burner as it sees no immediate need to raise cash.

“We are temporarily putting it on hold. We are not in a hurry,” said GADC chairman George Yang when asked about the status of McDonald’s Philippines’ planned initial public offering (IPO).

Yang said GADC has sufficient funds to cover its working capital requirements and continued expansion.

GADC is owned 51 percent by the Yang family and 49 percent by Alliance Global inc., the investment holding firm of Megaworld Corp. chairman and president Andrew Tan.

www.philstar.com/index.php?Business&p=49&type=2&sec=27&aid=2007061749

See post RE: GADC's IPO
    Hi, quad. Just for clarification, I'm a female, hehe.:D

Actually, I heard about that, but from what I know, it's not totally scrapping the plan to go public. Just put on hold.

They were suppose to go public with the primary objective of expansion, but they disclosed that they were doing just fine even with internally generated funds. And based on the newslink you sent me, I think it was sort of implied that Golden Arches was able to 'receive something' when Alliance Global had a secondary offering sometime in May, hence, the deferment of its IPO. But the moment you hear news that they will be needing more money either for expansion or to pay their debts, you can bet that talks of its going public will resurface.:)

Sir, it was written in Business World some weeks back that Golden Arch Dev't Corp is scrapping its plans to list in the bourse...

Did they changed their mind?
    Hi, quad. Just for clarification, I'm a female, hehe.:D

Actually, I heard about that, but from what I know, it's not totally scrapping the plan to go public. Just put on hold.

They were suppose to go public with the primary objective of expansion, but they disclosed that they were doing just fine even with internally generated funds. And based on the newslink you sent me, I think it was sort of implied that Golden Arches was able to 'receive something' when Alliance Global had a secondary offering sometime in May, hence, the deferment of its IPO. But the moment you hear news that they will be needing more money either for expansion or to pay their debts, you can bet that talks of its going public will resurface.:)

Wow, a female broker... Now that is HOT!!! :bop:

I work for an asset management firm...

Can you sell my measly 10K GMA/P OTC? :)
    fatbig wrote: »
    How much is GMA doing now OTC?

Last I heard, there were actually some people buying it at
    P11.:rolleyes:

Analysts are saying that those who bought it at P11 are going to be holding it for more than six months to make decent profits, coz its expected to start trading at the range of P9.20 (worst case scenario) to P9.80 above (best case scenario) come Monday.
    Er, thank you? :lol: Joke.:lol: :bop:

Thanks for the offer, but nah...I can't sell it for you. You already have a broker right? It's best that you sell it through them. If I were that broker, I'd feel bad that my client went to another firm just because the trader there is hot.:lol:

Wow, a female broker... Now that is HOT!!! :bop:

I work for an asset management firm...

Can you sell my measly 10K GMA/P OTC? :)
  • bluetheherobluethehero unsung hero PExer
    may magagawa pa bang himala si Imee Marcos sa paghahabol nya sa stake ng mga Duavit? :lol: sa tingin nyo people?

i mean, bakit now lang sya naghahabol? as if naman may patunay (o resibo) sya sa mga crony nya (assuming ngang crony ang mga Duavit ng mga Marcos) :lol:
    Hehe.We all know how the Marcoses feel about the Lopezes so I guess that's why they're running after GMA shares, not ABS, if they're really serious about owning a media company...:lol:

Well, she can always buy majority of GMA shares via the secondary market if she wants to to earn a sit on the BOD. Since GMA is very profitable naman, once a director, she can declare dividends as often as she wants in order to pay for what she spent buying the shares and then buy-out Duavit, the Jimenezes and the Gozons if she wants to.:rotflmao: :rotflmao:

That is, if MVP doesn't beat her to it...:lol:

may magagawa pa bang himala si Imee Marcos sa paghahabol nya sa stake ng mga Duavit? :lol: sa tingin nyo people?

i mean, bakit now lang sya naghahabol? as if naman may patunay (o resibo) sya sa mga crony nya (assuming ngang crony ang mga Duavit ng mga Marcos) :lol:

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file