COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

what do you think about the universe??

ebtgebtg Member PExer
I don't know about curves and flats but I think the universe is expanding. I don't know, however, if it will reach a point where it would start to contract (for a second big bang) or if it will continue to expand until...I don't know.

I wonder if Stephen Hawkings would like to join PEx.

Comments

• MessiahMessiah Member PExer
    may mga theories daw na nagsasabi na curve yung universe natin at lately lang may makita akong taong nag prove na flat daw yung universe natin using one of Einstein's theories. pipol what do you think about it
  • Galilee BoyGalilee Boy Member PExer
    theories, theories, theories. :D

i think its just an infinite space out there!
  • flydermanflyderman Prendli Neyborhud PExer
    This is what I think:

I think the universe is just someone else's pimple.

I mean, what if every cell in our body is a universe of some sort? Eh? Perhaps I need professional help. crazy.gifbop.gif
  • GilbeyGilbey Registered User PExer
    universe? ay.... sayang di nakapasok si ms philippines!!! ganda pa naman ni nina... suwertihan talaga iyang universe na yan....
  • LesLes Member PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Ther are basically two theories about the universe. One is the steady state theory and the other is the expanding universe theory. I forgot the details of the first but I guess he its name speaks for itself. The second and probably better-accepted says that the universe is constantly expanding because of the Big Bang -- which is pretty understandable because there is nothing in space to stop galaxies from drifting. The second has two versions. One says the universe has no boundary and will keep on expanding forever. The other is very neat and says that when the galaxies hit the boundary of the universe they will rebound back, forming a giant mass and thus precipitating another Big Bang.
  • cloneclone Member PExer
    The universe is vast and awesome...and beyond my limited comprehension. :D

Anyway, I posted some observations on the "time travel" thread about some of these theories.
  • PyrosPyros Faith Under Fire PExer
    a decade after...the same pa rin ba perception mo sa Universe?
  • caporegimecaporegime ilpadrino lite™ PExer
    Now methinks the universe is a sham. :D
  • havok47havok47 .9 bar = 1 PExer
    Fire and Ice

Some say the world will end in fire,
    Some say in ice.
    From what I've tasted of desire
    I hold with those who favor fire.
    But if it had to perish twice,
    I think I know enough of hate
    To say that for destruction ice
    Is also great
    And would suffice.
  • Zeitgeist699Zeitgeist699 Realist PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the evidence of dark matter tells us that the universe is expanding and the fabric of space stretching apart...
  • toughnoodletoughnoodle Member PExer
    i think the universe and humans are related in a circular manner. parang yung sinabi ni flyderman.

hahaha the universe might be the nucleus of a single being like a human and humans could be like specialized cells in an organ (earth) within an organ system (solar system).

ano daw?
  • IscharamoochieIscharamoochie Moderator PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
  • warlockewarlocke A part of all that is PExer
    Reposting...this is actually an alternative creation theory, but has some points about the universe. I've posted this a number of times, but so far I haven't really seen any reactions to it hehehe:

There was no beginning, only a singularity. The singularity was, and is, both at the same time everything and nothing. Within the singularity there is at the same time infinite energy. Here the passage of time does not occur and there are, therefore, no distances.

Within the infinite energy are an infinite number, and type, of fluctuations, and within each, many different shapes of its energy occur. Within here is the Infinite Intelligence and root of all sentience.

And it is willed that such fluctuations occur within the infinite energy.

Now it is said there are an infinite number of fluctuations. We look at one place of many, where the energy becomes stretched between the nothing and everything that is the singularity, and Infinite Intelligence.

Within this fluctuation is an event where the energy is made less. With our words and minds it can be described as a stretch or arc within the infinite energy, with both its terminals remaining connected to the infinite energy. Within that stretch or arc at its central point, as well as others, exists the event, which is time. The passage, or speed, of that time at the point along the arc where it occurs, is not constant but graduated, as dictated by the even graduation of the energy variation.

(Note: added by Gentle on June 3rd 1999: This stretch or arc also controls a value you understand as "light speed". Light speed is considered by the majority of your race to be a "constant". But it is not. During expansion of the arc, light speed increases; during contraction it decreases. This phenomenon provides an observable illusion. When light speed is increasing, the universe appears to be shrinking in space time terms. In fact the opposite is happening. When the arc is contracting, light speed decreases, giving the illusion that the universe is expanding despite all indications that the reverse should be occurring. Since my last visit, the human race has gained the ability to detect and measure the gradual variation in light speed.)

Now within this passage of time, both ends of which are connected to the same points of the infinite energy as the event, the energy gains shape evenly as dictated by time. The nature of the fluctuation causes passage of time and the passage of time shapes the variation in energy.

The event has its root which is central and where passage of time does not exist. Outwards from that point, and evenly, time begins to exist gradually.

Time allows for distance or space, as it is referred to within our words and minds, and as it flows outwards from the root of the event so the space grows bigger. Thus the nature of the energy from within the infinite energy is made to change.

Now here, with our words and minds and residing where we do, we are able to look at the event as with the passage of time, and observe that the event occurred in our past. From this viewpoint it appears the event was an explosion, but that is not so: for the event is the fluctuation within the infinite energy within the singularity and is determined by the Infinite Intelligence.

It is from our viewpoint that after passage of time, looking into the past, that we see energy changed by time and the space allowed by time; also by the distance of the energy from the infinite energy or singularity. The changes to the energy allowed gasses to form. Particles within these gasses were attracted to each other and so condensed, creating dense pockets of energy (nuclear reactions). As these nuclear reactions grew bigger, sucking in more gasses, explosions occurred, creating further expansions of gasses, and within these too condensations occurred.

And these condensations were not regular, governed that they were by distances and passage of time from the event, and at which point from the event within the singularity that they originated.

These further condensations again exploded, causing further expansions, and again and again, until the nuclear reactions became modified such in some that stable matter was derived from the reactions.

Matter in some condensed, exploded, and became the many-shaped galaxies, some of which contain stars (suns); around some of these formed planets.

That then is how our universe, which is one of an infinite number, is formed. That then is how our cosmos, which is one of an infinite number, with an infinite variation of properties, is formed from one of an infinite number of events within the singularity.

This, then, is how there is no beginning or end to creation. This then is how all things are connected even when time and distance makes it appear to us that such connections cannot occur.

We look at our past but cannot see our future, yet both are the same. In that, it is so for the cosmos, for we are all without and within the singularity, for it is nothing and everything at the same time.

We look at our surroundings and at the vastness of time and its distances (space-time you call it) but cannot see the whole. For all that is matter we see only a grain as though in a sea of sand.

All that is the whole is also the center, and both are of the Singularity, the infinite energy, and are caused by the Infinite Intelligence.

And what that means for Human Beings, is that you are not what you generally think you are. You are much more than you allow yourselves to be.
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    And it is We Who have constructed the heaven with might, and verily, it is We Who are steadily expanding it. (Qur'an, 51:47)
  • tontontonton Let's stop and talk awhile. PExer
    i think the universe and humans are related in a circular manner. parang yung sinabi ni flyderman.

hahaha the universe might be the nucleus of a single being like a human and humans could be like specialized cells in an organ (earth) within an organ system (solar system).

ano daw?

I get you. Even the tips of your hair are universes in themselves.
  • SmartDessaSmartDessa Things divide;Christ unites PExer
    I think the universe is the outer darkness, just pure speculation....
  • Pinas_DugyotPinas_Dugyot מְדִינַת יִשְׂר& PExer
    Rather than attempting to define the universe with our finite human minds, we would be better served by focusing on the fact of God's greatness and His infinitely higher nature.
    “Oh, the depth of the riches of the wisdom and knowledge of God! How unsearchable his judgments, and his paths beyond tracing out! Who has known the mind of the Lord? Or who has been his counselor?” (Romans 11:33-34).
  • havok47havok47 .9 bar = 1 PExer
    Rather than attempting to define the universe with our finite human minds, we would be better served by focusing on the fact of God's greatness and His infinitely higher nature.

Oops. Should finite-minded scientists also stop inventing medicines?

Do we stop understanding gravity, weather, planetary movements and just read the Bible?
  • toughnoodletoughnoodle Member PExer

i think it's the nature of humans to always ask and looks for answers. it's not wise to compare us to a totally different being, much less, to the Superior one. it's like comparing a cherry fruit to a red 2011 Chevrolet Cruze A/T.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file