Home PEx Local Entertainment Showbiz - General
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

PiNOY ENGLiSH-SPEAKiNG CELEBS WHO SOUND iRRiTATiNG WHEN SPEAKiNG TAGALOG!!!

marami na tayong mga pinoy celebrities coming from diff backgrounds... australian, american, european, etc... when on tv, some choose or have to speak tagalog. I know that it's not their fault it comes out that way, u know, with the annoying accent, I mean, at least they try to learn, right? well, Im not blaming them for that, pero is it juss me or do they sound irritating!?!?! now tell us who u think sounds irritating or annoying when speakin tag .. :glee: remember wat I said!! I know its not their fault.. I juss think it sounds ergh... here's mine:

¤ vanessa del bianco
¤ nancy casteliogne [feel free to correct spellin error]
¤ rafael r

hmmm.. ur turn :) I got nuthin against those three.. 'member!

Comments

• chika..i cant comment.im trying to be nice! ahaha but just for u..
    heres my choice
    im not hating though aiite?..

1. Vannessa Del Bianco!! oh gawsh!!!

im stuck..im thinking..hahah shes the only that gets me irritated! :lol:
  • BritneyLoverBritneyLover PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    joyce jimenez!!!!! :shakehead:
  • not as annoying as it used to sound, pero his tag is still annoying- matthew mendoza
  • doytdoyt PExer
    for real britney lover!!! i juz wanna squish her....heheheh....hey im tryin not to hate :D
  • nancy [ican'tspellhersurnamecorrectly] comes to my mind first. she actually sounds like a robot when speaking tagalog.:glee:

vanessa del bianco - arghhhh.

joyce jimenez - isa pa 'to

troy montero - :rolleyes:

heavenlyness sa tingin ko nag-improve naman si rafael sa tagalog nya.:D
  • well si joyce jimenez ang nakaka annoy magtagalog para sa tenga ko..di ba nyo notice na napapagaya na yung tunog ng boses nya kay GMA..oh yeah i agree kung sino nagsabi about that nancy girl..when i heard nancy speak tagalog sa i think i'm in love movie e para bang minamartilyo yung tenga ko..ewan ko well it's not their faulit pero proud pa rin ako na they are trying hard kahit papaano...
  • MARTIN NIEVERA. He's been in the country for sooooooo long nde pa rin matuto ng Tagalog. Is our language not worth learning? I feel insulted! Nakakairita sya!

:mad:
  • Tanong lang: Si Lea Salonga ba eh sa US ipinanganak at lumaki? Just wondering, coz I don't hear her speak Tagalog often enough.
  • Originally posted by aLiNG_PePaY
    Tanong lang: Si Lea Salonga ba eh sa US ipinanganak at lumaki? Just wondering, coz I don't hear her speak Tagalog often enough.

:glee:

gusto mo sya marinig magtagalog? watch her movie with Aga Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal. nagtagalog sya dun and it's passable naman.:laugh:
  • Vanessa del Bianco - pinipilit nyang maging baluktot tagalog nya, baluktot din naman English!
  • Originally posted by damnright
    gusto mo sya marinig magtagalog? watch her movie with Aga Bakit Labis Kitang Mahal. nagtagalog sya dun and it's passable naman.:laugh:

:D Eh scripted yun eh! :bash:

How I wish nga magtagalog naman sya kahit minsan. Pinay naman sya no! Nde sya sanay magtagalog? Sarap nilang pag-untugin ni Martin pag nagkataon!
  • Originally posted by aLiNG_PePaY
    Tanong lang: Si Lea Salonga ba eh sa US ipinanganak at lumaki? Just wondering, coz I don't hear her speak Tagalog often enough.

lam mo correct ka dyan... nakakairita pag nagsasalita siya ng english eh slang pa... ayaw man lang magtagalog.... asar....:o
  • tomtomtomtom PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    re: Lea Salonga

I'm no fan but when I heard her speak Filipino in one of a recent Jessica Soho Reports segment, I was in disbelief because she spoke in straight Filipino without the American accent! Pinoy na pinoy talaga. Even Jessica couldn't believe her ears and said "Bakit magaling ka nang mag-Filipino ngayon?"

Going back to the topic,

I guess it has to be Mar-ehn Nievera. Mas magaling pa mag Filipino yung Amerikanong basketbolista na nagtutulak ng kape.
  • the_BuGsthe_BuGs PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Hello Bunso Heavenlynes :wave: Hello AngelJoli :wave:

Si Troy Montero nakakairita nagtataka nga ako dito sa Pinas kung bakit pinagkukuha pa mga nga yan na artista.... ganda ganda sana ng pelikulang tagalog ... ang magpapa-pangit eh yung mga artistang Fil-AM! ehehheheheheh
  • no. 1 on my list is vanessa del bianco.. kakainis siyang pakinggan, kakairita.. at sumunod naman ay si joyce jimenez, kahit na nagpa-dub na sa movie na "narinig mo ba ang l8test?" e kakairita pa rin siya.. kasi bobo umarte.. grrrrrr :mad:
  • Cher Calvin! ang panget mag-tagalog sa F

Cher Calvin go home!
  • I guess the reason why Lea doesn't sound Filipino when she speaks in Tagalog is that she's "burgis". I don't mean this in a derogatory way but a lot of my friends in grade school would talk in a way that's not as Filipino as what we'd expect. I guess if your main language at home is English and you live almost your entire life performing in Repertory Philippines and she went to London for Miss Saigon at age 16 (not sure about this but I know she wasn't 18 yet when she started performing sa West End), your Tagalog is bound to sound like "English" tagalog. Kasi most of us din naman speak fluently in English but we still sound Filipino because of our "Filipino" English accent. Hehe... Do you guys get my drift? Anyway, I assume that she can still speak Tagalog fluently but her accent is different since she lived a considerable part of her adult life in London and the States.

I have cousins who lived in Switzerland for more than 10 years and when they come back here to the Philippines, their Tagalog is good gramatically but their accent is quite bad and most of the time they grope for the right words to use. They speak Filipino at home also because our yaya since childhood used to stay with them so I guess it wouldn't be fair to judge the people who come here for visits. But I agree that the likes of Vanessa del Bianco and Martin Nievera should be ashamed of themselves because they've been here for years and they should have their Filipino accent back by now.

My picks:

Nancy Castiliogne
    Joyce Jimenez
    Vanessa del Bianco
    Martin Nievera

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file