Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

Hedwig and the Angry Inch

If you guys have seen Rent, Jesus Christ Superstar & tick tick Boom! I sure hope you've seen Hedwig and the Angry Inch by John Cameron Mitchell as portrayed by Jake Macapagal during it's Manila run last year. I have to admit I'm a real HedHead so to speak. You'll bet it's the best musical play director Bobby Garcia brought to Manila. That play is really a must see. Check out the websites and you'll find out why until now I'm so down with it. Anyone open to discuss, just keep the messgaes coming.. Laters

Comments

• :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up: :up:

i love hedwig.

but i didn't get to see it when they showed (?i can't think of the right verb :/) here.
  • I've seen Rent and Tick Tick Boom but I missed Hedwig ...sayang! I heard nga Lana Jalosjos and Jake Macapagalwere wonderful!!

would you know if there's a repeat?? if there is, sana si Jake and Lana ulet. :)
  • i had heard about the movie first. then found out a few weeks later that it had just been staged here by atlantis. arrgh! :mad: really sore for missing that one. :~( heard it was good, though. someone even commented that lana was better there than she was in rent.

does anyone know where i might find a copy of the film version?
  • Yeah! Lana Jalosjos rocks!! Imagine her with a moustache in Hedwig but wait till you see the last scene.. whew!

About the movie version...
    Sad to say the film in DVDs are'nt available here in Pinas. I recommend you guys check out the Original Cast Recording soundtrack, You'll definitely love it! Way better than the movie soundtrack. Im afraid you'll have to have 'em shipped before you get one though or if you have a friend in US, they might be kind enough to send you a copy.

By the way, Atlantis is bringing Rocky Horror Picture Show in October don't miss it... It's a musical you can compare with Hediwg, but ofcourse Hediwg is way much better..

"Suddenly I'm this Punk Rock Star from Stage and Screen"
  • I love Hedwig!!!!! I haven't seen the play but I saw the movie in the States a year ago. After seeing the movie, I just had to get the soundtrack. I now also have the DVD :D

My fave songs are "Origin of Love", "Wicked Little Town", and "Wig in a Box".
  • Originally posted by greenscreen
    I love Hedwig!!!!! I haven't seen the play but I saw the movie in the States a year ago. After seeing the movie, I just had to get the soundtrack. I now also have the DVD :D

My fave songs are "Origin of Love", "Wicked Little Town", and "Wig in a Box".

ditto. out of the three, i dig wicked little town the most though. both versions. :heart:
  • Origin of Love. no mas! especially the version in the Original Cast Recording.. Makes you want to scream while singing! hehe
  • Originally posted by Scusimoi
    I've seen Rent and Tick Tick Boom but I missed Hedwig ...sayang! I heard nga Lana Jalosjos and Jake Macapagalwere wonderful!!

would you know if there's a repeat?? if there is, sana si Jake and Lana ulet. :)

Scusimoi - wag na sila... tayo na lang :D. ako si hedwig/hansel at ikaw si ytsak. o divah? :glee:

I'm trying to play "Origin of Love" on guitar. Does anyone know where I can find the chords? thanks!
  • Lana Jalosjos sounded like Joplin here. She is hot!!!!!!