Home PEx Hobbies Anime and Manga

Tokyopop SUCKS!!

It looks like Tokyopop is sticking to their decision to stay with the name changes in the manga. It was also announced at Otakon '02 that the manga volumes after 1 and 2 won't be carrying the "100% authentic manga" label. Worst of all is that the dubbed version of Initial D won't contain the original songs / music. Damn, I'm soooooo pissed. The is the first major mistake of Tokyopop, and what a mistake it is! Aaaarrrgghhh!!!!

check out http://www.animenewsnetwork.com for more info..

Comments

• I didn't like the way they dubbed "Great Teacher Onizuka" either.
  • Think they want more money so they're americanizing most of their offerings. I say boycott them. Who needs them anyway.

For manga, i've been keeping up with Dark Horse's release of Blade of the Immortal. Great stuff.

Not sure about anime.
  • With Initial D being dubbed in English, there have been rumors that Tokyopop will add an extra song in the English version of the Anime. Many believe that it's one of the songs by a group called ATC ("Around The World).
  • Originally posted by Ryousuke
    Think they want more money so they're americanizing most of their offerings. I say boycott them. Who needs them anyway.

For manga, i've been keeping up with Dark Horse's release of Blade of the Immortal. Great stuff.

Not sure about anime.

I don't think there is an anime adaptation of MUGEN NO JUUNIN aka Blade of the Immortal...

It's kindda underrated in Japan...sadly...
    great series though...
    I'm hoping for a live action adaptation something like the live action series of Lone Wolf and Cub.