Home PEx International Entertainment Music and Radio

T U M B L E D R Y -- 8 bands in a bar tour

TUMBLE DRY features the punk fun of Ciudad, the lush tunes of Daydream Cycle, the bold charm of the Fatal Posporos grrls , Imago’s enchanting force, the delightful wit of the Itchyworms, Sandwich’s dynamic offering, the alterna-pop taste of Sugar Free, and Twisted Halo’s impressive intensity.

The bar tour will run for the months of August and September, where the bands will be hitting venues all over the metropolis. There will be 15 shows in these 2 months. Each night will see bands play in a combination that is different for each show.

Front acts, guest artists and special nights are in the plans. More news come.

SHOW SCHEDULE (August)

10 - Big Fella
Daydream Cycle, Twisted Halo, Sugar Free, Fatal Posporos

14 - The Strip
Itchyworms, Imago, Fatal Posporos, Sandwich

17 - Comedy.com
Ciudad, Sugar Free, Twisted Halo

21 - Tapika
Daydream Cycle, Imago, Sugar Free

24 - Green Planet
Ciudad, Itchyworms, Fatal Posporos

28 - Mayric’s
Itchyworms, Twisted Halo, Sandwich

31 - Big Sky Mind
Ciudad, Itchyworms, Twisted Halo

For more details, email [email protected].
Website coming soon.

:):):)

Comments

• zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Too cool. :cool:

I don't know the venues: Big Fella, The Strip and Tapika... where are these?
  • CalaCala PExer
    Originally posted by zimdude
    Too cool. :cool:

I don't know the venues: Big Fella, The Strip and Tapika... where are these?

Big Fella is along Do?a Soledad Ave, Betterliving in Pque, near Bicutan exit.

The Strip is along Katipunan, near Ateneo, beside Sweet Inspirations.

Tapika is also on Katipunan, but on the other side, the Blue Ridge part... one of the newer places there.

Btw, tix are at P50 only.
  • ayan na... nagplug na nga. :D
  • pwede magaudition or apply bilang front acts?pwede ba po yun?
  • CalaCala PExer
    Originally posted by LemonTea
    pwede magaudition or apply bilang front acts?pwede ba po yun?

Hi. I can't promise anything, but l me email about your band.
  • SubwaySubway PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Cala

Big Fella is along Do?a Soledad Ave, Betterliving in Pque, near Bicutan exit.
    Btw, tix are at P50 only.

BigFella is not exactly near the bicutan exit...it's near mcdonalds better living...so you need to drive on further...:)
  • Good luck w/ TUMBLE DRY!! Sana maraming manood!! :D
  • Thanks for the correction, Subway! I obviously am not from the South, and that was what was relayed to me. Anyway, I'm gonna look for a map so people like me won't go wandering around aimlessly over there. ;)

Yup, muckymuckman, we really hope to see lots of people. Hey at 50 bucks a show, it's quite a steal, don't you think?

The tour's site is up! Check it out -- http://tumbledryweb.tripod.com
    We're still proofing it, but the guy behind it did a great job I think. But do tell us what you think.

Oh, and more news to come soon. We'll have guest bands like Chicosci and Battery for a few shows each. And a list of front acts are lined up as well. Schedule to follow.

It's starting to look like a party. :D
  • SubwaySubway PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Originally posted by Cala
    Thanks for the correction, Subway! I obviously am not from the South, and that was what was relayed to me. Anyway, I'm gonna look for a map so people like me won't go wandering around aimlessly over there. ;)

(snip...)

Oh, and more news to come soon. We'll have guest bands like Chicosci and Battery for a few shows each. And a list of front acts are lined up as well. Schedule to follow.

It's starting to look like a party. :D

No problem...

...hey...if that is going to look like a party...eh di masaya!
  • Originally posted by Cala
    Yup, muckymuckman, we really hope to see lots of people. Hey at 50 bucks a show, it's quite a steal, don't you think?

It sure is.. also, it's good to see new venues sprouting up for indie bands to gig at. Katipunan for one has a couple of such new bars, right? Back in my day, I think there was Tia Maria's (but even then, it wasn't in the mold of the good old Anonas, QC bars). :rolleyes:
  • First show tonight at Big Fella!

We really hope we can help build a scene in the south... dami musikero nakatira doon, but konti tugtog, sayang naman. So we really hope to see lots of people there and prove to the bars that alternative (i.e. non-showband) music is good to have as well. :)
  • zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    I hope it was good!

Ang suwerte naman ng mga Atenista ngayon... they have a band venue right across school! *okay*
  • Tumble Dry's show supposedly at The Strip (w/ Sandwich,Imago,Itchyworms,Fatal Posporos) this Wed Aug 14th is indefinitely postponsed, due to a certain unforeseen development according to the venue.

Tumble Dry's next stop is on Saturday, at Comedy.com with Ciudad, Sugar Free and Twisted Halo, with friends Kamikazee and Boldstar. Show starts at 10pm, still at P50 only!

===============
    TUMBLE DRY
    taking music for a spin

http://tumbledryweb.tripod.com
  • san ang comedy.com? :)
  • haponesa! sorry, i didn't see your post in time. did u make it? it was a real fun night.

anyway, here's the next show:

Tomorrow at Tumble Dry --
    Daydream Cycle, Imago, Sugar Free, and Chicosci play at Tapika (katipunan, blue ridge). Show starts 9pm. Check them out as they strip down for an acoustic night. :cool:
  • long overdue update... here's the latest update on the TD sked: :)

Aug31
    - BigSkyMind
    (itchyworms, ciudad, twistedhalo, with dicta license, sponge cola and narda)

Sept4
    - Padi's Las Pi?as
    (daydreamcycle, imago, sandwich, battery)

Sept7
    - Sta. Lucia Open Carpark
    featuring the TD bands:
    ciudad, daydreamcycle, fatalposporos, imago, itchyworms, sandwich, sugarfree, twistedhalo
    with guests chicosci, dictalicense, happymeals, monsterbot
    6pm-1am

Sept11
    - K.A.F.E. (FBR bldg, katipunan)
    (daydreamcycle, imago, itchyworms, sugarfree)
    8pm

Sept18
    - Xaymaca
    (daydreamcycle, fatalposporos, battery)
  • Originally posted by Cala
    long overdue update... here's the latest update on the TD sked: :)

Sept4
    - Padi's Las Pi?as
    (daydreamcycle, imago, sandwich, battery)

I made a mistake, I forgot to mention that the Itchyworms will be playing too that night... that's one more reason to make the night an eventful one! :)