FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

who here gets irritated by people who use "bucks" even though our money is pesos?

TripleThreatTripleThreat can sing/dance/act PExer
it's so freaking annoying:mad:

Comments

• mintymalonemintymalone The dynamite PExer
    Medyo naaartehan lang ako.
  • cartoonistcartoonist m?n?ch PExer
    Di naman annoying a. :sweatdrop2:
  • catchercatcher Member PExer
    Originally posted by TripleThreat
    it's so freaking annoying:mad:

Tell me about it. :rolleyes:
  • damnrightdamnright I feel it in my fingers.. ♫ PExer
    ako! i get irritated with it.

pa-effect pa kaseng kano eh pesos pa rin naman kahit pa baligtarin!:toofunny:
  • Det7Det7 Member ✭✭
    no comment.
  • meliemelie *yawn* ✭✭
    i get irritated out of my skin.

isnt "bucks" supposed to be used only when referring to dollars?
  • JoYcE`TiKJoYcE`TiK Member PExer
    ok lang basta 'wag 'baks'.
  • mravel22mravel22 let's go mets! PExer
    Originally posted by melie
    i get irritated out of my skin.

isnt "bucks" supposed to be used only when referring to dollars?

yea, it's a us slang for dollars.

annoyed? nah, too many pressing problems to get annoyed over such trivial matter.:cool:
  • katkat GHeTTo bOOty PExer
    Originally posted by JoYcE`TiK
    ok lang basta 'wag 'baks'.
    right on sistah! *okay*

:lol:
  • IvoryCoastIvoryCoast Member PExer
    I ignore them. So what if they talk taglish or bakla terms or refer to peso as bucks... as long as they don't bother me and they are not criminals, then I don't care. :rolleyes:
  • meliemelie *yawn* ✭✭
    Originally posted by mravel22

annoyed? nah, too many pressing problems to get annoyed over such trivial matter.:cool:
    err, then why do they use bucks for pesos?
  • saywhatsaywhat xxx PExer
    Mismo.

Tapos sasabayan pa ng "... you know... like... I've got a hundred bucks lang, pare... you know, maybe you can like lend me 50 bucks pa... so I can like buy coffee at Starbucks na, devah? "

Ugh! And they can't even speak straight english.
  • Bea_Bea_ Member PExer
    When I was younger, I used to think "bucks"=dollars...that's why I often get confused whenever I would hear someone saying bucks....but now, I already know that filipinos use bucks eventhough they're referring to pesos...Why? I still don't get it up to now lol... colonial mentality perhaps? hehe

But it's very seldom that I get irritated/annoyed, because I'm not lucky to have the chance to encounter someone using "bucks" anymore...
  • gastrixiagastrixia Surf's Up! PExer
    Originally posted by mravel22

exactly :up:
  • Mickey2000Mickey2000 TheFoodBlogger ✭✭✭
    mickey08a.gif Count me in!!
    kaka-irita,mga "buck-ya" naman!
  • TripleThreatTripleThreat can sing/dance/act PExer
    kwento sakin to ng friend ko na naiinis din sa mga "buck user"

she was buying fishball and then there was this girl who butted in... and said

"could i like buy 5 bucks worth of fishball"

ewwwwwwww hindi bamay pagka climber ang dating:rolleyes:
  • satinsheetssatinsheets cover me, im cold! PExer
    well u can't actually blame all of 'em who use the term "bucks" english is our second language and u havta admit there are alotuf fil-am peeps here...so give em a break ;)
  • TripleThreatTripleThreat can sing/dance/act PExer
    Originally posted by satinsheets
    well u can't actually blame all of 'em who use the term "bucks" english is our second language and u havta admit there are alotuf fil-am peeps here...so give em a break ;)

not that many:rolleyes:
  • Mickey2000Mickey2000 TheFoodBlogger ✭✭✭
    mickey08a.gif
    Originally posted by satinsheets
    Bakit,tagalog ba ang word na "PESOS", di ba ang tagalog eh "PISO" ,example limang piso, in english five pesos :?: Anong Fil-Am, Feeling Americano :?: :wink:
  • Hero33Hero33 King of Dreams PExer
    maybe some people are just used to it, not all filipino families speak tagalog as a first language. i dont think a prequisite of speaking english is an american citizenship.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file