Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

A question to girls regarding the 'friendship zone'

Eto gusto ko malaman straight from the girls....

Does the friendship zone cong preaches about really exist?

Is it true na kapag kaibigan niyo na ang isang lalaki, wala na siyang pag-asa (romantically) sa inyo?

Are you more likely to fall for someone you don't know than for someone you know inside out? :shrug:

Hindi kasi nagco-comment masyado mga girls about cong's theory eh.

Comments

• Originally posted by LaTtE`M

Is it true na kapag kaibigan niyo na ang isang lalaki, wala na siyang pag-asa (romantically) sa inyo?

Are you more likely to fall for someone you don't know than for someone you know inside out? :shrug:

Hindi kasi nagco-comment masyado mga girls about cong's theory eh.

yes, this is very much true. at least for me.

when i was in college, i had this guy blockmate who was so funny and really machika. we sort of "clicked". we became close and to cut the long story short, he's still my best guy friend for 7 years now. a lot of our other friends kept teasing us before. bakit daw di na lang kami. but we always shrugged those comments off. hanggang nagkaron na kami ng kanya-kanyang s.o.

bakit ko nasabing hindi pwede maging kami, kasi i can't imagine kissing him. :ayaw: kahit bali-baliktarin ko ata mundo, i would never like him in a romantic way. wala na kasing thrill e. halos buong buhay nya alam ko na. even his escapades with other girls alam ko din. :glee:

and oh, i met, dated, and became a gf to my current s.o. in just a span of 1 month. i dunno, must be the thrill of the chase... :sunnysmile:
  • sino ba tinutukoy mo??? :D
    im in the same dilemna. the hard thing about it is that you don't know if a girl likes you or she just treats you as a friend only...
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Originally posted by mysterious guy
    sino ba tinutukoy mo??? :D
    im in the same dilemna. the hard thing about it is that you don't know if a girl likes you or she just treats you as a friend only...

no one in particular. this is a continuation to another thread...
    in my case, totoo siya... inde naman sa walang pag-asa pero inde ko talaga trips maging bf ang friend ko...

there are a lot of times in my life na ang nanligaw sa akin ay friend ko... at ayoko talaga.... i can't stand him looking at me differently and treating me extra special...
  • DELISYUSDELISYUS PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Doesn't it defeat the purpose of having male friends if a girl will consider each one a prospective lover?

And don't girls really feel betrayed after having considered someone like a brother...only to hear him say that he thinks of you some other way?

And don't meantime lovers only bring heartache with their seasonal stay in your life? Will a woman really want that for all or some or most of her male friends?

Friends, you can spend a lifetime with.....

A lover, well......
  • if the girls' realy super friends with you.... im sorry but it might that she's really only friends with you...
    ganun e....
  • BlisterBlister PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    when i was younger, i fantasize about my friends.... like when i have this biggest crush on my friend, i will totally go ga-ga over him...

but when i get older, i learn to be true to myself and organize my life... in other words, facing reality... right now, i can clearly say that i can't imagine any of my guy friends to be romantically involved with me... infact all of the failure dates that i've had, became my good buddies ;) when i get to meet a guy, and i like him, i cut to the chase... i make him feel that i'm interested with him... but not verbally or something, i'll just give him hints... and if he didn't like it or if the date didn't turn out to be ok, well that's the time his spot in my life will fall on the friend rack.

same with guys.. they also do that.. when they are younger, they befriend their crushes first... but as they get older, they would just go straight to the point....

probably it goes with the age... when you get older, you don't have much time to waste... time is running... grab everything while you can... you have a lot of things to take care of...
    not when you're younger, you can still have fun and play cuties and all... because you still have all the time to spend...
    hmmmm, interesting points you have there girls.

at least this perspective is getting clearer...

In a nutshell:

Girls do not want their friends to see them romantically because they don't want to lose friends?

Is that it? :shrug:
    Originally posted by LaTtE`M

In a nutshell:

Girls do not want their friends to see them romantically because they don't want to lose friends?

nope... she's just using that as an excuse... believe me... that simply means, she doesn't like you. :D

In a nutshell:

no. not really. i just don't see my guy friend/s as a "prospect"... :shrug2:
    but if the girl has a friend na she romantically likes, as in gwapo, mayaman, etc. etc., she'll definitely go for it diba?

So the whole friendship setup is a scheme of women to "soften" the impact of rejection?

:shrug:
  • Keep the concept simple.
    See Cong's words.
    In my words: "The FRIENDS FIRST approach DOES NOT WORK."
    Accept it na lang. That's the way it is.
    In a nutshell:

Originally posted by edwincasimero
    Keep the concept simple.
    See Cong's words.
    In my words: "The FRIENDS FIRST approach DOES NOT WORK."
    Accept it na lang. That's the way it is.

I'm not defending the friends first setup or disputing cong's theory.

I'm trying to define the characteristics of the Friend's Zone.
    but if the girl has a friend na she romantically likes, as in gwapo, mayaman, etc. etc., she'll definitely go for it diba?
    depends... minsan ganun sa umpisa then naigigng buddies na alng sila afterwards...
    So the whole friendship setup is a scheme of women to "soften" the impact of rejection?

:shrug:
    its actually, a guy's scheme... :p
    as i've said, once he's in my friends rack he'll be there forever....
    if i romantically like him, malamang naka date ko na siya... or if he doesn't like me, well dun na siya ulet sa friends rack ko... money & kagwapuhan doesn't really count.. hindi yun ang pakikisamahan ko... :D
    So the whole friendship setup is a scheme of women to "soften" the impact of rejection?:shrug:
    alam mo, i don't really say those words... to be honest, i really have this bad thing breaking a bad news to a guy... pero i let him feel it... alam ko sa guys yang line na yan eh :D pag umiwas sayo an girl, or she started not responding to your calls or text.. well, get the message... she doesn't like you... ;)
  • There's such a thing as the Friendship Zone... pero it's possible to reach the other level... i guess it really depends sa person... if they're willing to take the risk... or they'd rather keep the friendship... mahirap kasi ung very good friends kayo tapos you'll take the next level then thing wouldn't work out... i guess it's just playing safe...

pero personally... I'd rather have my friends... as friends... coz i know it's better that way...
  • Me naman, I do think that friendship is a good foundation for a "love relationship" kasi sometimes, nade-develop eh. I wouldn't mind being courted by a friend kasi it means accepted niya ako for what I am.

Girls lang have to be extra careful kasi baka naman akala mo may gusto sa iyo, wala naman pala - dyahe iyun! Don't make assumptions. Mahirap na.

this depends on the level of friendship i have w/ certain guy....if it's really platonic from the beginning( meaning: no physical attraction whatsoever) and you almost tell him everything the same things( or in fact, even more) you're telling your girlfriends then i don't think there's a room for a romantic kind of relationship....feeling ko incest pag naging bf ko sya....:insane:

[/QUOTE] Are you more likely to fall for someone you don't know than for someone you know inside out? :shrug:[/QUOTE]

this is tough....but as far as i know myself, i'm most likely to fall for someone i know not really inside out but at least half of the whole package rather than someone i have yet to unravel the personality....maybe because for me it's incredibly convinient to fall for somebody whose best traits i have already discovered and whose worse i have been more than willing to accept...:myheart:

Hindi kasi nagco-comment masyado mga girls about cong's theory eh. [/QUOTE]
  • Originally posted by Blister
    nope... she's just using that as an excuse... believe me... that simply means, she doesn't like you. :D
    i agree...for me kase,if i rly like the guy whether he is my friend or not....i wont use that against my choosing who to love or not..when it comes it rly comes...:love:
  • the reason why i know so much about women is because i pay attention and i take mental notes. im not making any of these up.

two things, LaTtE`M-dude.

once youre in the friends zone, any romantic feeling she has for you (assuming that she has any) goes out the window. so the key is TO not be classified as such.

or she never really had anything for you thats why youre in that category.