Home PEx Chat Small Talk
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Christmas Gift Ideas

I know it's a little early, but we're just a couple of weeks away from the "Ber" months (September to December), and it actually pays to plan out your Christmas shopping earlier in the year. So do you have any great gift ideas for mom? dad? lolo at lola? sister, brother? boyfriend? girlfriend? best friend? officemates? etc.??? And of course, you have to answer this question -- what would YOU like to receive from that special someone this Christmas?

Comments

• nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    What Christmas gifts would I like to give and receive? Wow, I want to receive a lot. My imagination can think up of a lot of pretty big stuff, so I'll try not to use it too much.

I'd say that a very good book would make an excellent gift. For me, the only way you can tell if a book is good is when you've read it yourself. If there's a book that you've read, and that you want to share, then that would be a wonderful present to the special people in your life.
  • Why not purchase handcrafted materials made for a benefit? I know last year, Southridge sponsored printed shirts for the Tahanang Walang Hagdan foundation.

• Hi Baby Fat...

You can never really go wrong with personalized stuff. :)
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    If I could have anything for Christmas, I'd want a dog, a Shih Tzu. smile.gif
  • For your x'mas shopping, try visiting x'mas bazaars...they sell stuff cheaper than what you can get in malls. Personally, I'd love to get books!
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    Ooops, I forgot to write what I think would be good gifts. ChiQui is right with personalized gifts. It's more touching to receive something when you know that the person who gave it to you was the one who made it.

If you're a little tight on the budget because you have gazillions of friends to give gitfs to, I suggest you go for food. If you know how to bake, so much the better.
  • 1. raincoats and umbrella...la ?ina kasi 2. bangka para sa mga taga marikina 3. a good article from the inquirer for ERAP 4. a house for the ppl of cherry hills 5. a VCD 6.blanket..malamig eh 7. socks 8. "how to" book 9. Y2k bug fixer 10. a joke
  • hey! merry christmas!!! i would like a honda accord for my christmas present (lol). kundi cr-v ok na! hehehe
  • I got my X'mas gift this year already. I asked for a baby and she will be 6 months old then...
  • Hmmmm....Ihiwalay natin ang mga gusto ng lalake sa babae:

Lalake:
    1.) Private Joyce
    2.) Nokia 7110
    3.) Racing Magazine
    4.) T-shirt
    5.) Playstation or PC CD
    6.) Mirror
    7.) Some nice bikini briefs

Babae:
    1.) Nokia 3310 or 6210
    2.) Seventeen
    3.) Beauty Tips from the experts book
    4.) Romance novel
    5.) Something red to wear for the season
    6.) Something green to match the red
    7.) Fruitcake

well, I hope that these will be of help to anybody.
  • kung may cd writer kayo..just buy a lot of 50-peso blank cds tapos burn kayo ng personalized cd compilations for friends :D
  • Syempre iba pa rin yung sariling gawa, coz you'll know that it really came from the heart. Pero, if you're going to buy gifts, buy one with meaning. Kumbaga symbolic type.
  • candles and baguio kumots :)

bili kayo sa aken :)

pero i agree with red_door, regarding the giftsd you make yourself...may personal touch nung giver :)
  • CaRaMBaCaRaMBa Administrator PEx Moderator
    sofia, omigad you sell Baguio kumots? Email me!!!!!! :D I absolutely love those things!
  • Originally posted by Ada
    If I could have anything for Christmas, I'd want a dog, a Shih Tzu. smile.gif

i'd want a dog too! i used to have a Shih Tzu, but somebody (i don't know who, maybe an envious neighbor) poisoined him (huhuhu)
    i want to get him back for Christmas but of course that's impossible. :(

now, i want a Chow chow! cute cute!
  • for Daddy: a Lacoste shirt (he never gets tired of that)
    for Mommy: i dunno yet but i'm leaning to perfume siguro
    for Sister: gift certificate (can't be bothered..)
    for Girlfriend: i'll take her shopping (she prefers it that way)
    for Girlfriend's Family: a Santis gift pack
    for Boss: cigars (so he'll die sooner)
    for everybody else: food or bazaar stuff

gift suggestions for me: a NOMAD Jukebox, Body Shop gift packs, record store gift certificates, Dreamcast games, a fighting stick, gift certificate for Kenneth Cole, cookies, boxer shorts, wine... etc... etc...
  • Originally posted by waffledish
    gift suggestions for me: a NOMAD Jukebox, Body Shop gift packs, record store gift certificates, Dreamcast games, a fighting stick, gift certificate for Kenneth Cole, cookies, boxer shorts, wine... etc... etc...

really waffledish? body shop gift packs? just wasnt expecting this from a guy... :) as oprah would say, "how cute is that?!?" :D
  • BadGiRLBadGiRL PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    for my father: probably something for his cellphone..he is the type who hates gadgets but absolutely adores those extra ekeks for his phone...
    my mother: My sisters and I, we'll get something from M&S, probably another night shirt. She loves them.
    my grandma: Whatever nightshirt we'll give my mother, we'll get exactly another one for her.
    my bestfriend: a nine west bag
    my sisters: kay sister 1... damit again... kay sister 2 nabigay ko na e.
    my brothers: kay brother 1...tamiya ekek na naman nya...kay brother 2...something winnie the pooh...
    for my barkada: some kikay stuff and some winnie the pooh thingies
    for others: hmmm.... bahala na kung type ko pa mamigay. Siguro those cute ceramics or pillows.

what i want from that special someone: shempre makita ko sha. yun lang.

tapos ang real wishlist ko:
    -compaq ipaq h3600
    -that impractical but super nice pair of red sandals from the shoe salon
    -a new burberry wallet plus that red burberry bag that's absolutely drool-worthy
    -a red parker sonnet
    -kevin aucoin (spelling?) make up book
    - a new tag

yun lang siguro...

• Hey people!

Anu ba gusto niyong ma receive na gift this Christmas?
    Wala akong maisip na ibibigay eh!
  • rains_delightrains_delight PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Bakit bibigyan mo kami ng gifts? ....gusto ko...wind breaker.