What best describes us Filipinos...

ChiQuiChiQui Member PExer
What do you think best describes us Filipinos? It can be a trait, a symbol, a quote, a word.... Pls. explain why. Thanks a lot!!

Comments

• nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    It's hard to encapsulate what a Filipino is with a symbol, phrase, or even a paragraph -- it's too, for lack of a better term, undescribable!

But I'll throw some thoughts and adjectives around just to give a shot at the topic -- A Pinoy is ...

--- always very hopeful. You can tell by the way they place so much money in their gambling pursuits. The hope that someday, yayaman din sila, is something that can't be taken away.

--- malakas kumain. I've heard it several times before, when foreigners say that it's amazing how small we are when we eat so much.

--- Ma-Showbiz. We entertwine so much of our lives with the ones of our idols.

--- Malambing. I personally believe that Filipinos are very affectionate. A travelling seaman once told me that, that foreigners loved Filipino men and women because of our accomodating ways.
  • AragornAragorn Aragorn PExer
    The pinoy would have to be the "entertainers of the world," in the best sense of the phrase. We're always so accomodating, even to strangers, always smiling, and very hospitable. Add to that the fact that probably 1 out of 5 Filipinos know how to play the guitar, 4 out of 5 have at least decent singing voices, and voila! you've got a people who can sing, dance, smile and eat their problems away!
  • jackjack Cebu Blogger PExer
    a pure pinoy is short, brown and stocky. Hot-tempered but gullible
    hospitable and very humble
    may inferiority complex
  • ChiQuiChiQui Member PExer
    Thanks for all your comments... :)

Nix..
    You're right. It is hard to assign one symbol that would best describe us Filipinos. And Ma-showbiz? I never really thought of that before...but now that you mention it.. well, I couldn't help but laugh and agree with that. :) As for malakas kumain... hehehehe... sa sarap ba naman ng pagkain natin eh...

Aragorn...
    Our org once had an American stay here in the Philippines for a couple of months and she said that the best attribute of the Filipinos would be their hospitality. She said that everywhere she looked, people would be smiling. "Entertainers of the world"... hmmm.. it has a nice ring to it! Thanks!! :)
  • YoBaKsYoBaKs @$(&@)%(&@()%& PExer
    Sweet

:)
  • SquatterSquatter Member PExer
    You have to believe me when I say that one really good trait about the filipinos are their cleanliness. Malinis talaga tayo. I know a lot of people as either very conscious of their sanitation, or they are obsessive compulsive.
  • coffeemugcoffeemug a shot of java PExer
    i think Filipinos are:
    naturally good natured:), pero madaling magalit:grrr:
    good at laughing:lol:, pero ayaw mapagtawanan:angry:
    fun loving, kaya minsan trabaho na, nilalaro pa
    trusts fate/religion:angel:, kaya uso ang bahala na

and here is the worst trait of all, something most evil stems from: inggit... please let's all remove the talangka mentality:bop:... the country will be a much better place without it...

• zuiizuii prisoner of trends PExer
    We can brand Filipino as hard worker,flexible,realible,professionals,and english speaking.

Professionals - we truly excel in such as nurses,doctors accountant,engineers etc. the standard of education in these areas are world class.

English speaking - our education policy clearly state that every pinoy should speak Filipino and English perfectly.(Children brought up tri-lingually develop high I.Q.s)

Filipino is a global citizen-ready to play a greater role in the borderless world.

:)
  • jeff^jeff^ Member PExer
    you can describe pinoy by positive and negatice traits. sa positive, ang mga pinoy ay madaling matuto kahit anong trabaho, mabait, masipag , hospitable at madami pang iba. sa negative naman, walang disiplina sa sarili.
  • pobrepobre Pulubing Dukha PExer
    Originally posted by Squatter
    You have to believe me when I say that one really good trait about the filipinos are their cleanliness. Malinis talaga tayo. I know a lot of people as either very conscious of their sanitation, or they are obsessive compulsive.

Napakalinis talaga. A lot of Filipinos wash their bread with coffee before eating it. Sinasawsaw ba sa mainit na kape.
  • Prostitutes, domestic helpers, mail-order brides, stupid masa.

§oulfulHunk™
  • snapplesnapple BestStuffOnEarth PExer
    Filipinos are the "Greatest imitators". Kaya nagdagsaan ang mga fake products (e.g piracy) diyan sa tabi-tabi.
  • MudbugMudbug Member PExer
    Originally posted by §oulfulHunk™
    Prostitutes, domestic helpers, mail-order brides, stupid masa.

§oulfulHunk™

Gotta hand it to you §oulfulHunk™ you're gutsy! :lol:
  • coffeemugcoffeemug a shot of java PExer
    Originally posted by snapple
    Filipinos are the "Greatest imitators". Kaya nagdagsaan ang mga fake products (e.g piracy) diyan sa tabi-tabi.

i think "Greatest consumers" would better describe Filipinos... binibili lang naman natin ang mga pirated products, we don't make them (remember in most cases, we only assemble here in R.P. not really make)...
  • newbiew27newbiew27 Member PExer
    Mahilig sa shopping :).

It's funny kasi whenever there is a sale or when you go to outlet stores, you're guaranteed to see Filipinos.
  • overdriveoverdrive Gagalangin Hardcore Killerz PExer
    well isa lang masasabi ko diyan one of the best in all aspects of life, that we Filipinos are much better than the others that we are always capable of beating them in everyway we can, that's the true spirit of a Filipino.
  • lakerh8erlakerh8er ONE SHOT - ONE KILL PExer
    Freaking HORNY!!!!
  • DELISYUSDELISYUS Only 15% Lesbian PExer
    sabi nga dati ni michelle van eimeren......WE LOVE TO EAT and WE'RE ALWAYS EATING!!!

aside from our seriously weird sense of humor....:)
  • mangbhoymangbhoy Member PExer
    FOOD, DRINK, MUSIC and GOOD COMPANY
  • JaydeJayde Pexer PExer
    filipinos have the ability to laugh even in dire situations.
    flame.gif

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file