Home PEx Business and Careers Personal Investing and Money Management
COMMUNITY NOTICE: If you are having trouble in your account access, please do send us a message at [email protected] for assistance.

GREED IS GOOD! : Philippine Stock Market (Stock Traders Lounge)

1303132333436»

Comments

• AgapitoAgapito Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    MoonStruck wrote: »
    I don't remember any mentions about their day trade activities. Most of the stock market concepts he wrote about were like introductions of some sort. The in-depth day trade ideas (and where the profit goes) is more like an insider info which you can only find if you become a member of the Truly Rich Club.
    There's money involved right?

Ironically, Jesus gave away insider tips on how to earn riches in heaven - free of charge. :D
  • MoonStruckMoonStruck Sintunadong Rakista PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    ^Yep. There is a membership fee for the Truly Rich Club with different levels as per their website.
  • stocksphstocksph Member PExer
    StocksPH.com Free Stocks Recommendation for Oct 6, 2016

http://www.stocksph.com/stock-recommendations/Stocks-Recommendation-for-Oct-6-2016/

You have to login to view.
    Free registration and access.

Please like & share.

[#]stocksph[/#] [#]recos[/#]

https://www.iSulit.com.ph

[#]DAVIN[/#]
    [#]DNL[/#]
    [#]LR[/#]
    [#]GLO[/#]
    [#]TUGS[/#]
    [#]SBS[/#]
    [#]TEL[/#]
    [#]WEB[/#]
    [#]SLI[/#]
    [#]MRC[/#]
    [#]MED[/#]
    [#]FNI[/#]
  • piquanteyepiquanteye Member PEx Expert 🎖️
    Hello..................
    PSEi breaching 9k levels.. how about 10k is it very possible?:naughty::):)
    as of January 26, 2018.. PSEi up 9,041.20
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    update:

what is the best stock to buy on December 2018? may bonus ako.
    ALI,  SM, .....

• IanAnthonyIanAnthony PEx Rookie ⭐
    kasagaran nga stock akong gipang dap.og run kay CPM ug Robina. naa pud koy BPI ug Aboitiz sad sukad pag 2011 pa.
  • gotta lick itgotta lick it Member PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Robina?

diba biktima iyan ng TRAIN LAW. sige nga ang mga products ng Robina?

probinsyano dont pull my leg.
  • Ducati_DiavelDucati_Diavel PEX Big Boss PExer
    SEC approves ETF rules

MANILA, Philippines - The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Monday, March 18, approved the proposed rules on exchange-traded funds (ETFs).

With the SEC's approval, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) can finally roll out ETFs in the country by April 2013.

"We approved the PSE ETF rules today except for (a) portion dealing with the market maker, which requires further study and discussion," SEC commissioner Juanita Cueto said in a text message to reporters.

An ETF is an investment fund that is similar to a mutual fund. It tracks the main exchnage index or other market indices and replicate their performance.

It is composed of underlying assets, but unlike a mutual fund, it is traded on a stock exchange real-time during trading hours.

Several financial institutions, including First Metro Investments Corp., Bank of the Philippine Islands and BDO Unibank Inc. have expressed interest in creating their respective ETFs.

Under the proposed PSE ETF rules, an ETF applying to list on the exchange shall have a minimum paid-up capital of at least P250 million.

The ETF company may undertake an offering of its ETF shares when the registration of such shares becomes effective and its listing application is approved by the PSE.

The underlying securities comprising the index which the applicant ETF intends to track must be listed and traded in a registered exchange and should have sufficient liquidity.

As part of continuing listing requirements, the ETF must:

• Maintain a public ownership of at least 10% of its issued and outstanding shares,
    • Have an Investor Relations Office to manage its investor relations program, and
    • Have a fund manager that has been in operation for at least two years.

PSE president and chief executive officer Hans Sicat earlier said ETFs would provide investors advantages and investment options, including liquidity, especially for those who cannot directly access specific sectors in the market because of the regulatory environment.
    SEC approves ETF rules

MANILA, Philippines - The Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC) on Monday, March 18, approved the proposed rules on exchange-traded funds (ETFs).

With the SEC's approval, the Philippine Stock Exchange (PSE) can finally roll out ETFs in the country by April 2013.

"We approved the PSE ETF rules today except for (a) portion dealing with the market maker, which requires further study and discussion," SEC commissioner Juanita Cueto said in a text message to reporters.

An ETF is an investment fund that is similar to a mutual fund. It tracks the main exchnage index or other market indices and replicate their performance.

It is composed of underlying assets, but unlike a mutual fund, it is traded on a stock exchange real-time during trading hours.

Several financial institutions, including First Metro Investments Corp., Bank of the Philippine Islands and BDO Unibank Inc. have expressed interest in creating their respective ETFs.

Under the proposed PSE ETF rules, an ETF applying to list on the exchange shall have a minimum paid-up capital of at least P250 million.

The ETF company may undertake an offering of its ETF shares when the registration of such shares becomes effective and its listing application is approved by the PSE.

The underlying securities comprising the index which the applicant ETF intends to track must be listed and traded in a registered exchange and should have sufficient liquidity.

• Maintain a public ownership of at least 10% of its issued and outstanding shares,
    • Have an Investor Relations Office to manage its investor relations program, and

PSE president and chief executive officer Hans Sicat earlier said ETFs would provide investors advantages and investment options, including liquidity, especially for those who cannot directly access specific sectors in the market because of the regulatory environment.
  • theulcerindextheulcerindex Member PExer
    edited March 2019
    Meron po akong strategy na ginagawa.

When I back-tested it, iba-iba returns, at iba-iba directions for each stock which is something I expected naman. Pero, at least it tells me which is the predominant trend or strategy to use for each stock.

The concept is very simple, it's about buying close and selling the next day (long), or short selling if close percentage change is negative.

For example, in some equities, from January to March (or first quarter), I would have made more money SHORTING when it's down (when previous close is lesser than current close), than BUYING when the closing price is lesser than yesterday..Second quarter iba na naman yung trend....

It's similar to MONTE CARLO simulation. Mine is not cumulative nga lang. Everyday, I am betting the same capital. Then, I have different types of time frames, it calculates returns from the last 5 days, 20, 30, or by month, or by quarter, or by year....and it compares it to different types of strategy...

It won't tell me what to do, but at least it gives me probability , or a sense in which direction the stock is heading...

I did several tests,including bankrupt public companies, in order for me to understand where the price movement was heading prior to bankruptcy.

I have several what if scenarios like, is it better to buy during rallies or short it?

It's not yet LIVE.

anyone have tips when it comes to creating a model? what are things I need to take into consideration?
    edited March 2019

When I back-tested it, iba-iba returns, at iba-iba directions for each stock which is something I expected naman. Pero, at least it tells me which is the predominant trend or strategy to use for each stock.

The concept is very simple, it's about buying close and selling the next day (long), or short selling if close percentage change is negative.

For example, in some equities, from January to March (or first quarter), I would have made more money SHORTING when it's down (when previous close is lesser than current close), than BUYING when the closing price is lesser than yesterday..Second quarter iba na naman yung trend....

It's similar to MONTE CARLO simulation. Mine is not cumulative nga lang. Everyday, I am betting the same capital. Then, I have different types of time frames, it calculates returns from the last 5 days, 20, 30, or by month, or by quarter, or by year....and it compares it to different types of strategy...

It won't tell me what to do, but at least it gives me probability , or a sense in which direction the stock is heading...

I did several tests,including bankrupt public companies, in order for me to understand where the price movement was heading prior to bankruptcy.

I have several what if scenarios like, is it better to buy during rallies or short it?

It's not yet LIVE.

anyone have tips when it comes to creating a model? what are things I need to take into consideration?
    PLC Analysis November 26 2014

http://www.stocksph.com/blog/PLC-Analysis-November-26-2014.html

[#]plc[/#] [#]analysis[/#] [#]stocksph[/#] [#]nov26[/#]
    SEC approves ETF rules

edited March 2019

It's not yet LIVE.

PLC Analysis November 26 2014

http://www.stocksph.com/blog/PLC-Analysis-November-26-2014.html

[#]plc[/#] [#]analysis[/#] [#]stocksph[/#] [#]nov26[/#]
  • cash_or_creditcash_or_credit Member PExer
    Philippine Stock Indexes

Return as of February 15,2013

INDEX********YTD*****1YR *****Bloomberg Ticker

PSEi********(+12.20%)******(+33.62%) pcomp:ind
    All Shares*****(+10.88%)*****(+24.88% ) pashr:ind
    Financials******(+13.00%)*****(+48.55%) pfinc:ind
    Industrials *****(+11.60%)*****(+36.66%) pcomm:ind