Home PEx Relationships Love - Principles, Practices & Preferences
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

I love you... but eventually i will have to give you away....

"I love you... but eventually I will have to give you away to someone you deserve, to someone better than me..."

Hey guys, have you ever said these words or something like these to someone you love?
----Why?
----Is it because you really love the person so much, you'd rather them be loved by someone else? But why?
----Or is it just plain insecurity on your part?
----Do you really mean it when you said so?
----Or you just need assurance or assistance?

To those who were told these words, how did you feel?
----How much did it hurt?
----Did you think that the person loves you so much that he'll give you away to someone else?
----Did you think that this person is just insecure?
----Did you try to hold on to that love although it assures you not?

Comments

• yup i did but not directly cguro sa isip isip ko lang. why?? wla lang ..coz i think he's so caught up in a daze with the girl of his dreams that my chances of ever entering his heart or mind is sooo slim...you might put it as a sort of giving up signal for me and an insecurity na rin ..things that you'd feel when the person you love so much only remembers you when he needs sumthin and would only treat you as a friend...:depressed2:
    need of assurance or assistance??nah..it wouldnt help mend a broken heart not even a bit:bawling:
  • ----How much did it hurt?
    I can't even say how intense it was. It hurt like hell!

----Did you think that the person loves you so much that he'll give you away to someone else?
    NO. I do not believe in that philosophy.

I don't know.

I did.
  • Double post
  • Originally posted by biach
    yup i did but not directly cguro sa isip isip ko lang. why?? wla lang ..coz i think he's so caught up in a daze with the girl of his dreams that my chances of ever entering his heart or mind is sooo slim...you might put it as a sort of giving up signal for me and an insecurity na rin ..things that you'd feel when the person you love so much only remembers you when he needs sumthin and would only treat you as a friend...:depressed2:
    need of assurance or assistance??nah..it wouldnt help mend a broken heart not even a bit:bawling:

ouch... :depressed:
    can relate naman ako dito.. :depressed:
  • ohmyohmy PExer
    Originally posted by AimmEMaN
    "I love you... but eventually I will have to give you away ..."

ano yun? aso?
  • Something a dad would say to his precious daughter(s). =)
  • BlisterBlister PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ----How much did it hurt?
    i think it goes with the age.. or let say.. with the experiences that you've had in your life.. nung sinabi sa akin yun, it was ok... i'm the type of person who knows how to let go... mahirap rin kasi ang mapunta sa isang situation na alam mong hindi ka kaya paglaban eh... it did hurt a lot.. but what can i do?

well.. yeah.. in a way... specially if he feels na he can't give you what you need or what you deserve.. pero it depends.. what if he's just using this as an excuse? well..

definitely...

i tried... but i also have my limitations... one of the important points in entering into a relationship is to inspire each other... i tried to make him feel good about himself as much as i could, pero siyempre, we should also know when to give up.. kesa pareho kayong maging feeling miserable just by being together... i think both of you will be a better person apart...
  • biach & white dove: mahirap nga mghold on to somebody n alam mong ndi mapapasayo... :(

gooey: y did u hold on? after trying to hold on to that love, did it feel secure after that?

ohmy: ndi nmn... :)

nokie: e syempre, mgiging incest n kung gagawin ng ama yun sa anak nya noh... hehehehe... :lol:

blister: nice one pal! :)
  • LaTtE`MLaTtE`M PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    hmmmm :)
  • Ang corny!

And more importantly... ang DUWAG!

Feeling ko, ang taong magsasabi nito, yung gusto ka lang talagang mawala sa buhay nya, or yung talagang sobrang duwag na di ka kayang ipaglaban. :down:

Tongue.gif
  • ----How much did it hurt?

very much!!

1st thing that comes to my mind---- he don't really love me!!

i dont think so!!!

sobra.. i kept on hanging a hope that someday we or i cud save that love because were classmates. but he kept on ignoring me the fact that were barkadas... he's pushing me away from him.
  • Originally posted by LaTtE`M
    hmmmm :)

*okay*
  • Originally posted by AimmEMaN
    "I love you... but eventually I will have to give you away to someone you deserve, to someone better than me..."

Hey guys, have you ever said these words or something like these to someone you love?
    ----Why?

--Nope. i probably won't utter these words to somebody i supposedly "love". when you love someone it should be clear to you the probability of losing that person, therefore it is up to you to do your best in making sure that person won't slip away.
    ----Is it because you really love the person so much, you'd rather them be loved by someone else? But why?
    ----Or you just need assurance or assistance?[/B]

i really don't believe in the saying "if you love someone set him free..." when you genuinely love someone, you'll do what's necessary to hold on to that person, you don't just give up. :no: i always believe that in a relationship it's better to take courage into your hands than give in to your self-defeating feelings. i'd only consider the possibility of letting go once i know (and that it has been made clear to me) that his happiness means i'm no longer a part of it.

-biskwit :butter:
  • indeed, Love is such a Relinquish!!! When you do love somebody why wud u have to set her/him free?It is a matter of how you hold somebody's arm and try to ascertain how this love won't slip away. And if in the end, you figured out that this LOVE doesn't belong to you.......well, atleast she/he couldn't tells you that you just easily conceded. :p
  • yeah once i said that to someone. kasi the thing was i wasnt so in love with him. he on the other hand was so inlove with me. so im the type of person that doesnt toy around with other people's feelings. so let him go.

siguro it hurt like hell kasi the aftermath of it was he wanted to commit suicide. and i was scared to death, call ko kaagad mom nya! and to think that he lived all the way in holland!!!

anyways, bottom line is if the one that i love told me that, di muna ako susuko nga ganyan ganyan lang! i'd give him more than a million reasons to stay with me. pero kung ayaw niya eh ala akong magagawa. i dont want to stoop down and grovel...hell no! pero sad tong thread na to! :(
  • Originally posted by AimmEMaN

Hey guys, have you ever said these words or something like these to someone you love? Why?
    yah, I've thought about it but I didn't really expressed it verbally, I guess I was being a wimp.
    some because I 'partly' loved him, and I don't want to 'completely' fall, knowing he'll not be there to catch me, I thought it was nothing more than infatuation.
    ----Or you just need assurance or assistance?
    -yup, of course I mean it. Assurance is an understatement.

all the while we were together, this line kept running through my head:
    It's not that I wanna say goodbye
    It's just that every time you try to tell me that you love me
    Each and every single day I know
    I'm going to have to eventually give you away
    And though my love is rare
    And though my love is true
    Hey I'm just scared
    That we may fall through

-from Nelly Furtado's I'm Like A Bird
  • hmmm...
    i can relate to this topic... for my past experience...
    ... mahal mo yung girl kaya lang may iba na siyang mahal...
    what's left for you to do...
    ... bu to give up SOMEONE you really LOVE...
    hoping that he will LOVE her as much as you do...
    :(
  • i'm madly in love with this someone but i don't plan to have a relationship. ewan, siguro sa tingin ko hindi pa oras... pati mas maganda kung mas lumalim ang friendship namin diba?
  • if you really love a person, and the person is inlove with you, just the same, you wont gieve him/her up. the love you want for each other, will inspire you to be the best person you could be. the only person one deserves is the one who will love him/her the best way. and so, my question is, wouldn't you take that chance and be that person?
  • i said that to some1 b4... why? because i know her parents and her siblings dont like me... i'd rather not feel rejected by her family and find another who would accept me for who i am.. i guess its insecurity.. i felt bad for the girl, but what could've i done..