FEATURE ADJUSTMENT: The Flag button is temporarily unavailable for members. We are doing certain system adjustments as of the moment to prevent some users from abusing this feature. For reports, please message the moderators or email us at [email protected]
PEx Alert: Welcome to the new PinoyExchange. For access issues, bug reports and technical concerns, please email us at [email protected] Thank you!

WHY EVERYONE'S APPLYING AT E-TELECARE

MAN, IVE HEARD THAT ETELECARE HAS HAD OVER 20,000 JOB APPLICANTS FOR JUST A FEW OPENINGS EVERYONE'S TALKING ABOUT IT, ALL MY FRIENDS TALK ABOUT IT YET IVE NEVER MET ANYONE ACTUALLY WORKING FOR THEM. WEIRD MAN

Comments

• nixnix Administrator PExer
    Is this some sort of call center type service? Where are they based?
  • tbeckfordtbeckford Member PExer
    My friend got hired by Etelecare but i don't know what she's doing there. She sez it's da bomb though. I heard they've gotta lot of people trying to get in. It's like there's a hundred people applying everyday. It's like a call center or sumthin like dat.
  • jeyps11_cjeyps11_c Member PExer
    some said its really great!!!! i have some friends who actually work there...and they say that its really cool!!!...and the chick are hot!!!!
  • silver_arrowsilver_arrow Member PExer
    Hey guys! I'm currently working here at Etelecare. tbeckford is right, it's da bomb!The working environment is very positive and supportive. Check us out at www.etelecare.com.
  • eligoyeligoy futbol fanatic PExer
    i work in the same building where etel is (but for a different company) and from what i've seen and heard, i want to tranfer there. the company is indeed "da bomb!" paging SILVER_ARROW: how do i apply?
  • nixnix Administrator PExer
    What makes this company the bomb -- The people? The compensation? The business model? Management?
  • yugayuga ituloy angsulong PExer
    the pay is quite good! (P13,000++ yata) a friend of mine worked there for a month and in customer service but he went out after they weren't paid after a month's work. sabi ng friend ko, there was something wrong with the administration kaya nagkaganuon.

well, he said the environment was quite good: good-looking guys and gals, nice atmosphere, sweet and gentle people often playing starcraft over the network after office hours or dancing the revolution away (yes! unlimited dance rev daw sa kanila!) i can't hardly believe but the guy was really happy until he wasn't paid his monthly salary.

kaya yun umalis agad. he now works with an insurance company. how bout you guys? you wanna try it there?
  • CalypsoCalypso Member PExer
    yuga: I think you're referring to a different company that's in the same industry. From what I understand, the company you're referring to (at least, the company your friend worked for) had to freeze hiring because of insufficient funding, or, as you say, administrative problems. I know for a fact that ETelecare is a very stable company and that they pay their employees promptly and in full. Also, the Dance Revolution bit definitely doesn't belong to the ETelecare office environment. Yung kabilang company nga talaga yun--my friend told me that's also what she saw when she visited the office.

G-MAN: Maybe you can start working for the company yourself. ;) Visit their office at the top floor of the Citibank Bldg. in Libis and submit your resume-- whaddyaknow, you might just be the first person you know who works there. ;)

jeyps11_c: Ah talaga? The chicks are hot? Anuyun? Balut? ;) (kwek kwek)
  • yugayuga ituloy angsulong PExer
    Calypso: sorry 'bout that, napapaghalo ko yung dalawa eh. iba pala yun! my sincerest apologies to all! P_ S_ pala yung other one.
    smokin.gif

[This message has been edited by yuga (edited 07-25-2000).]
  • ChiQuoHChiQuoH Kumakanta din pala PExer
    G-MAN..nagtratrabaho ka nah ngayon noh...palagay ko sa SYKES..hehehhe...dba?..aminin!!
    Naghahanap din bah ng Web Developer or designer sa Etelecare?..count me in!
  • tbeckfordtbeckford Member PExer
    i called my friend last night and she's still hesistant about sharing info about the company. i wonder why... it's like the CIA or sumthin, top secret stuff. but she did tell me there's still a lot of openings and that they haven't freezed hiring like the other company. i'm gonna check it out one of these days.
  • delmairdelmair Member PExer
    Well I work for the other company, the environment is great, we don't actually play Starcraft here but we do have the Dance Rev thing.

I've been here since the company started up and I've never missed my pay before. In addition, I never heard of anyone leaving after a month, there was someone who left after two months to pursue an IT job instead
    of customer service. Its true that we did freeze hire because we already have too many people on board. However the freeze hire has already been lifted.

tbeckford: The reason why you're friend might not be talking is because its a company policy. Each CRM provider has their own "gimmick" which makes them unique, but competition are coming out each day, so each company has to keep its proprietary information safe.
  • G-MANG-MAN Member PExer
    nah, i dont work for sykes, and i dont know anything about them, i was called up by my friend last night after i posted my topic, he told me to check out the company myself. anyways i think i should get a job there!
  • G-MANG-MAN Member PExer
    ok guys, why don't we just check out the website that Silver Arrow posted

[This message has been edited by G-MAN (edited 07-26-2000).]
  • AdaAda Administrator PEx Moderator
    I used to to work for Sykes, which is also in the same industry as ETelecare and People Support [ayan, I spit it out na. :D] Are these three companies really competing? I've heard that a number of people have resigned from Sykes to work either for ETelecare or People Support. How true is it that one of these companies has weird working hours? As in early evening until dawn daw!?
  • pointmanpointman Member PExer
    input lang! my friend tried applying and said that the process is a ***** but it's well worth the effort. lots of attractive people! mostly fresh grads from la salle, admu, and miriam. pays good too!
  • jeyps11_cjeyps11_c Member PExer
    CALYPSO: hehehe!!! very funny!!!! actually they're really hot (unless somebody doesn't get what I mean!!!)!!!! Why don't you try applying...or maybe your the chick????(or should i say chicken!!!) lol.gif

One of my college friends is working there and I've been there!! Ganda ng work place and the people are nice. boom.gif

they say its really different from PS and SYKES. Those companies are LAME!!!!!! bleh.gif My friend says that they don't match to anything that his company has to offer!

that is why I just submitted my resume!! and that's why i think people from other companies should think twice now!!hmmmmm....... :cool:
  • Lara_CroftLara_Croft Member PExer
    So FEELING niyo i'm stupid?! Well hello, I'm now workin at Procter and Gamble and FYI, the exams here are a lot harder than yer lame company.
    Now who's the real LOSER? and i'm earning TWICE as much as you all do. grrr.gif
  • delmairdelmair Member PExer

Originally posted by jeyps11_c:
    One of my college friends is working there and I've been there!! Ganda ng work place and the people are nice. boom.gif

they say its really different from PS and SYKES. Those companies are LAME!!!!!! bleh.gif My friend says that they don't match to anything that his company has to offer!

How would your friends know what SYKES and PS offer? They're in eTelecare and obviously they are quite passionate about their company but that is no reason to bash other companies. What does eTelecare offer that PS and SYKES lack?

You were able to conclude that the other companies are LAME based on what your friend said. Well can't I in turn conclude that eTelecare is LAME based on what Lara Croft said?

[This message has been edited by delmair (edited 07-27-2000).]

• silver_arrowsilver_arrow Member PExer
    Well Lara Croft, you say you work in Procter and Gamble. I used to work for the HR department of P&G, meaning I still have a lot of connections there. Why don't you post your real name in this thread so we can see if you can still consider yourself employed by P&G next week.
This discussion has been closed.