Home PEx Hobbies Music and Radio
Discuss your bets and predictions on who will be the next Miss Universe. 👑

Norah Jones

Discovered Norah Jones thru RT's CD Pick of the Week. Got the CD last night and have been listening to it ever since. I recommend it!

Rate This Singer 43 votes

:D :D :D :D :D [b]Da Bomb![/b]
69% 30 votes
:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool: [b]Aprub[/b]
20% 9 votes
:) :) :) [b]Ok Lang[/b]
4% 2 votes
:bigyawn: :bigyawn: [b]Di Ko Type[/b]
0% 0 votes
:ayaw: [b]Ayaw Talaga![/b]
4% 2 votes
«13456722

Comments

  • gusto ko rin bumili ng cd niya.

    what does she sound like? maybe you want to do a review of her album....

    :D
  • I just bought her CD last night on a whim. After listening to the first track "Don't Know Why", I knew I just had to buy the album.

    From Amazon.com: It is not just the timbre of Norah Jones's voice that is mature beyond her 22 years. Her assured phrasing and precise time are more often found in older singers as well. She is instantly recognizable, blending intimations of Billie Holiday and Nina Simone without sounding like anyone but herself. Anyway you slice it, she is a singer to be reckoned with. Her readings of the Hank Williams classic, "Cold Cold Heart" and Hoagy Carmichael's "The Nearness of You" alone are worth the price of the CD.
  • Gollum ..
    Basta when you pass by a record store, listen to her CD and judge for yourself. I dont know but in some of the tracks, she kinda sounds like Ricky Lee Jones. Not that they have the same voice but more of the style of the songs.

    raven23
    Glad you liked it too. Galing ng "Dont Know Why" no? I also like "Seven Years" . A part of the refrain reminds me of an Eagle Eye Cherry song "Promises Made".
  • bought the CD almost 6 months back. great buy for 6 bucks too!! great voice but still needs a little more soul. ;)
  • First time I heard her song Don't KNow Why, I thought it was Allana Davis singing. I liked the song instantly and started downloading all her songs.

    Did you know that she is the daughter of the famous Pakistani singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan?
  • :walkman2: i've been listening to the album in music bars and its good. *okay* she's only 22?
  • Yup, and I swear I think she's cute.

    http://www.norahjones.com/
  • she's awesome!!! Incredible voice....great piano skills!!!!!

    I saw her perform when she opened for John Mayer last April :up: .... incredible!!!! She started her headlining tour this month :up: ...good for her!! She deserves it!!!!!!

    I have her album Come away with me. I love it!! It's jazzy...blues-ey...romantic even.....

    and another thing I like about her, in her video, she's not pa-cute :D

    www.norahjones.com , here ya go :D


    ...my heart is drenched in wine
    but you'll be on my mind
    forever

    out across the endless sea
    I would die in ecstasy
    but I'll be a bag of bones
    driving down the road alone....


    :walkman2:
  • Originally posted by vandolph
    First time I heard her song Don't KNow Why, I thought it was Allana Davis singing. I liked the song instantly and started downloading all her songs.

    Did you know that she is the daughter of the famous Pakistani singer Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan?

    She is the aural equivalent of a finely brewed cappuccino...

    Correction...her dad's Ravi Shankar (which must account for her exotic looks)
    :heartpump: :drool: :heartpump:
  • I love her version of The Nearness of You.




    She could very well give Diana Krall a run for her money.
  • To be honest, I almost didnt get the CD cause she looked like a Britney/Christina/Mandy on the cover. :) (Sorry B/C/M fans..)
  • Originally posted by macewindu


    She is the aural equivalent of a finely brewed cappuccino...

    Correction...her dad's Ravi Shankar (which must account for her exotic looks)
    :heartpump: :drool: :heartpump:

    Ganun ba? Nabasa ko kasi dun sa isang write up, anak daw siya ni Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan. Thanks for the info.
  • Originally posted by spiteri
    To be honest, I almost didnt get the CD cause she looked like a Britney/Christina/Mandy on the cover. :) (Sorry B/C/M fans..)

    :glee: oo nga. i took a 2nd look at the cover because i thought she's a pop artist. :laugh:
  • Originally posted by spiteri
    Gollum ..
    Basta when you pass by a record store, listen to her CD and judge for yourself. I dont know but in some of the tracks, she kinda sounds like Ricky Lee Jones. Not that they have the same voice but more of the style of the songs.

    bibili na nga ako e... kaso no dinero yet :lol:

    triglyceride: pati ba naman dito??? :lol::lol::lol:

    i can't believe norah jones is just 22 years old...

    god, i'm older than her and she's already something.

    weird.
  • Originally posted by Gollum


    bibili na nga ako e... kaso no dinero yet :lol:

    triglyceride: pati ba naman dito??? :lol::lol::lol:

    i can't believe norah jones is just 22 years old...

    god, i'm older than her and she's already something.

    weird.

    hey Gollum :wave:

    ..of course :D Ms. Norah Jones is more than thread-worthy :up:
  • Originally posted by Gollum


    bibili na nga ako e... kaso no dinero yet :lol:

    triglyceride: pati ba naman dito??? :lol::lol::lol:

    i can't believe norah jones is just 22 years old...

    god, i'm older than her and she's already something.

    weird.

    Download mo na lang. Meron sa Kazaa
  • Originally posted by vandolph


    Download mo na lang. Meron sa Kazaa

    paki-post naman ng link . . . . pleeeaaassseee :beam:
  • Pwede din mag-download sa official website nya.
  • thank you spiteri :beam: . . . . downloaded all the songs available. :)
  • Youre welcome! :)
Sign In or Register to comment.