Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino
Join our PEx Olympics Quiz Night and win GCash prizes! 🏅

[Poll] The Content in this Forum

2»

Comments

• zimdudezimdude PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    Well as nix said perhaps we need more professional types... and besides the topics of aticus are outside of my comfort zone so I don't feel qualified in answering them... I might just give a powderpuff response.

:lol: Me not worthy!!! :lol:
  • aticusaticus PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    No offense to zimdude or anyone else. I don't think ANY of us are competent enough to discuss all the topics posted here. But that shouldn't stop us from having an opinion, and as long as our opinion is based on logic, facts and our own sincere beliefs, who's to say we're wrong?

Much of my critique stems not from this forum, but from the other fora found here in PEx. But hey, to each his or her own, right?

So, no zimdude, you're not one of the powderpuffs. Neither is nix, Kuya Danny, batang uliran and a whole host of others. But why can't there be more of you around?

I suppose you're right, though. I'll make more of an effort to get people of a like mindset on PEx. I don't believe in critiquing something I'm not willing to help out with.

** The Original PowderPuff Man **
  • nixnix Administrator PEx Moderator
    Yes, we would appreciate it if there are more business oriented members around. I personally love this particular forum the most, and it would be great if there are more new economy/business type topics and replies.
    So how do we get more business-minded members onboard?

It might be the case that most business-minded Internet users are just passive browsers and private e-mail communicators. I don't know of any Philippine Business web site, let alone community, that has considerable patronage.

It has to start somewhere. Without spending any marketing pesos, how about... requiring all Ayala group management to participate in PEx! :D

• since summer this year, i frequent this forum more than any other threads. kasi yung opinion ng ibang tao, not really that interesting and ako kasi nagbabayad ng net fee ko kaya nauuubos yung time. but honestly, i really find other forum also educational, i just have to stay long to filter all the posts.

and relative to other forum, posts and topics from this forum is straight to the point, serious, decent, relevant, kasi am graduating this school year, and a lot more reason to visit this forum

like now, i gotta log off, nako...ang oras....nasasayang...
    cge! bye
    Zimdude: Yeah, I should be able to convince iAyala management to post. How about you get Actibiz and PSINet people to participate?
    Well convincing people to join is done one step at a time since you have to show it's worth their while... and it's something that you can really just ask your friends... unlike for instance... what I meant was make it official decree for Ayala (not just iAyala) management to join, as to support and patronize their product :):):)
    Wow, Ayala Management. That may be a few steps away, but not impossible. I don't really have contact with the Ayala Corp people, but give me some more time in iAyala and I will make my way there.
    Yup... my company has only 100 or so people,while the Ayala group has... 10,000?

You can start with the MIS departments, make PEx the starting page of the browsers... or the HR departments, put promotional material on the bulletin boards.

Naturally, this is not doable as an internal initiative for other PExers in other companies, but perhaps polishing the initiative as a marketing campaign would help.

The key I think is to make the people involved realize that learning from here is good for productivity and career development.

[Edited by zimdude on 10-10-2000 at 11:23 AM]
  • Originally posted by aticus
    Am seriously considering retiring from PEx.

Aticus,

Your comment there is kinda sad, considering all the effort, it turns out, that you had been personally exerting to increase the 'quality' of the threads. PeX should give you an award!

Quitting in my opinion however, seems to be the worst thing to do in this case. Hope you're not serious.

I moderate a forum myself, and so I do worry sometimes about all sorts of things like content, traffic, who are the people the forum attracts, why arent they posting, etc. etc. I myself don't know the answers still. But one thing for sure, things will change as the net itself grows and more people get online. The more people, the more opinions, the more posts, the more activity, a healthier place the net in general will be. So hang in there guys, and let's keep trying!
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Not to worry, AlphaMale, you can count on aticus being around for a while.

• nix: may taga psinet kaya dito, gusto mo bang malaman kung sino? baka alam mo na?
    :lol: @ leelayce

Much of the above will be done under the Business Club, which will motivate more people to join PEx for its online component.
    ... so what do you think about The Content in this Forum?
  • QQ PExer
    Just wanted to add my comments.

This is definitely the best forum on Philippine business. And the quality of the forum can be attributed to the participants. I think KD, aticus, zimdude, batang u, et al do a fine job of moderating and participating in this forum.

The topics have been a little on the light side as of late, but then again, as many of you have commented, your average Pexer is a greenie to the work environment and may not have much input on more sophisticated topics. I notice a lot of the threads pertain to job hunting (salary, interviews, etc.) But if it's something truly interesting, I find a way to reply. I definitely would like to read see more stuff on management, marketing, and economics.

Would it be possible to talk about some of this for the next Business Club meeting? Would like to attend if I'm still in the Philippines by that time.
  • KuyaDannyKuyaDanny Moderator PEx Moderator
    Thanks for the kind words, Q. I think this is as good a time as any to say that your own participation hasn't gone unappreciated. I, for one, have been reading your posts and have smiled admiringly.

Some of those smiles should be replicated here, I suppose.

:):):):)

Finding a balance between light and heavy is a daily dilemma. On one hand, business can and should be a serious topic, worth spending time on and thinking about. On the other hand, we need to make newcomers welcome and encourage them to participate. A good approach is to talk about things they can appreciate - that's the reason for having "light" topics.

We're not quite where we want to be, but we are getting there slowly.

• *paw* hi! *paw*

it's a little on d light side. i'm a novice entrepreneur and i'm kind of looking for tips or a mentor to guide me a bit. :lily:
  • Panibago

We work best when the questions are direct and specific, especially if they refer to real life situations. Please ask away. We'll be waiting.
  • :lily: thanks!

we'll definitely need a lot of help, my friends and i. we plan to rent a stall in greenhills this november and we're gonna need lots of directions on wer to get d products we will be selling, and etc.. we're currently scouting right now. the earlier d better.

thanks again, lupus! :angelwings:

*paw* *paw* *paw*