Home PEx Business and Careers The Working Filipino

[Legal] Artificial Insemination and ***** Donation

Are there laws in the Philippines regarding artificial insemination and ***** donation?

Comments

• IraIra PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I don't know about laws, but I do know that there is at least one ***** bank existing in Manila.
  • Eina: to my knowledge, there is no particular law governing ***** donation / artificial insemination. However, the Family code recognizes this method as a manner of conception.

Just curious, what issues are you referring to concerning this topic???
  • EinaEina PExer
    senator yak: I didn't really have anything specific in mind. I was curious as to whether or not there are any laws at all on artificial insemination and ***** donation or if all decisions, such as selection of ***** donors, are left to ***** banks and doctors.

While I'm at it, here are a few questions which are of a more specific nature:

-Is there any way to regulate ***** banks' activities?

-People who would like to adopt children must be able to meet certain requirements, is this also true of people who are going to obtain ***** from ***** banks?

-Where I live, there's a law requiring parents to tell the child that he or she was conceived through artificial insemination. Do we have anything similar?

Again, thanks!
  • eina:

these are hard questions but i'll try to answer them, so here goes.

- (to regulate ***** bank activities), i believe there is a way to regulate these activities. I can only presume that the Department of Health has guidelines, concerning these. To be honest, I think a doctor can answer this question better..... is there a doctor in the house?????

- (qualification) - I dont think there is a strict process one has to undergo before obtaining the supply..all you might need is just the cash - maybe its the other way around, the donor must meet certain standards/qualifications.

- (revelation) - I believe there is none. Our laws only distinguish between a legitimate and illegitimate child. There is no distinction between these children and one who is conceived artificially. The determining factor is whether or not the child was conceived out of marriage or was the child conceived when either party had a legal impediment to an existing marriage.

Hope this helps. smokin.gif
  • eina: like what sy said, wala pa ata. i remember my person and family law prof said that there was a need to legislate this one. so at the time, circa 1997, wala pa ngang law about the subject.
  • EinaEina PExer
    Thanks for all the replies. :) Hopefully, the lawmakers will catch up someday.

I just realized that I wrote "Again, thanks!" in my first reply, which didn't make much sense since I forgot to say thank you in the first post. blush.gif
  • Art. 164. Children conceived or born during the marriage of the parents are legitimate.

Children conceived as a result of artificial insemination of the wife with the ***** of the husband or that of a donor or both are likewise legitimate children of the husband and his wife, provided, that both of them authorized or ratified such insemination in a written instrument executed and signed by them before the birth of the child. The instrument shall be recorded in the civil registry together with the birth certificate of the child. (55a, 258a)