Home PEx Lifestyle Travel and Leisure

a nice place to stay in BAGUIO?

my friends are planning to re-visit baguio. ive first visited baguio when i was in elementray. geez, nakalimutan ko na kung ano hitsura noon.

does anybody like to recommend a nice place to stay, yung affordable lang for 2 nights only.

how much does it cost?

and aside from the ukay-ukay, where is the nice place in baguio that we could go visit?

thanks

Comments

• rainrain PExer
    try BAGUIO VILLAGE INN along magsaysay avenue. loved it there kase di suffocating ang environment, away from the busy streets of the city, although accessible siya ng public transpo ha. cute cute pa kase para kang pumasok sa house ng owners ng papemelroti, country talaga ang dating. plus, sarap pa ng food! galing ni manang cook. stayed there for two days (2 beds with own bathroom), i was charged P700. sobrang pwede na di ba? meron din sila cheaper rates for rooms with no t&b.

kaya lang, that was late 2000 pa, dunno lang if ganun pa rin. inquire ka na lang, their #s: 0744423901 / 0744453626.

village inn is sister to benguet hotel ata.

enjoy!
  • wow!! thank you very much for a very detailed description.
    bilib tlaga ako sa mga pexers.

sige, i'll try to call them up tomorrow.
    and you mean kabisado mo pa ang tel no nila RAIN???
    geez. ok ah. baka naman hinanap mo pa talga yung phone nila.
    kakahiya naman syo..

thanks a lot talga.

for the others who have read this post... mayron din ba kayo mai rerecommend. how about places to go..

Originally posted by rain
    try BAGUIO VILLAGE INN along magsaysay avenue. loved it there kase di suffocating ang environment, away from the busy streets of the city, although accessible siya ng public transpo ha. cute cute pa kase para kang pumasok sa house ng owners ng papemelroti, country talaga ang dating. plus, sarap pa ng food! galing ni manang cook. stayed there for two days (2 beds with own bathroom), i was charged P700. sobrang pwede na di ba? meron din sila cheaper rates for rooms with no t&b.

kaya lang, that was late 2000 pa, dunno lang if ganun pa rin. inquire ka na lang, their #s: 0744423901 / 0744453626.

village inn is sister to benguet hotel ata.

enjoy!
  • hey, wala bang aakyat this weekend sa inyo sa baguio???

nababaliw na yata ko sa dami ng hotels na nirerecommend nila.

do you think mas ok na mag stay sa hotel keysa sa mga transient inns? or the other way around.??
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    the last time I was in Baguio was in 1982. Pumunta kami sa Camp John Hay, sa PMA, dun sa lugar na overlooking the hills, Session road, atbp. Malaki na kaya ang pinagbago ng Baguio since that time?
  • A lot of Igorots went to Baguio in 1982 and stayed at Camp John Hay.
  • Hi Cyberredz! I was just in Baguio recently, it was my first visit and I'd say that I had a great time! We stayed at a transient house lang, paid P200/head/nite. Ok naman yung bahay, malinis but nothing fancy of course. The owners were a retired couple who were both very sweet and kind to us. Yung place nila sa Aurora Hill, not that far from the city proper and very accessible. There are so many transient houses around that area, may nakalagay naman na sign sa labas. You can just ask around when U get there. If u'd rather stay in hotels naman, I asked sa Prime Hotel (not that sure about the name) along Session Road, P1500 per nite. The Manor Hotel inside Camp John Hay looks really nice too. Their rate is around 3000-5000 ata.

The places we visited were:

THE WRIGHT PARK- didn't like the smell of the horses
    THE MANSION - sa gate nga lang, a few walks away from the Wright Park
    THE BOTANICAL GARDEN - didn't like it much
    CAMP JOHN HAY - loved it! we had breakfast at the Country Waffles too, yummy!!!
    THE STRAWBERRY FARM IN TRINIDAD VALLEY - sa Benguet na'to, so medyo malayo ng konti. Wala na nga lang strawberry pagpunta namin, still I got to walk on a really tiny trail going to the flower field intending to buy some flowers pero pagdating dun wala pala yung may-ari, naputikan lang tuloy sandals ko. hehe! Don't forget to buy some straw. jams, yung mga buo-buo, better daw yun. Peanut Brittle naman, get them from the Pink Sisters, sa may Wright Park ata, too bad I didn't get to go there.
    TAMAWAN VILLAGE - ang ganda! Lots of native Ifugao huts, may ala-museum pa sila. There's a P20 (or is it P25) entrance fee. One hut nga may nakatira pang artist, he was painting a really nice picture when we went there, it was being sold for P18,000 daw.
    BURNHAM PARK - make sure U go boating (it rained while we were paddling, which made it even cooler :)) Make sure U visit the Orchidarium while there
    PMA - don't miss this place, ganda!
    MINES VIEW PARK - ok lang yung view, daming tindahan...they rent out binoculars for P20 per minute (P20 nga ba?not sure ha basta per minute...hehe!)
    THE LOURDES GROTTO - good exercise for ur legs...hehe!
    THE BAGUIO CATHEDRAL - nothing spectacular pero visit it na rin
    SESSION ROAD - for sure na siyempre na mapupunta ka sa road na'to, main road sa city eh...there's a really steep stairs from here going up to the cathedral. Sa dulo na rin nito yung Ukay-Ukay, tho I didn't go there, kulang na kasi sa time eh besides I wasn't really into shopping that time.

I heard that Cafe by the Ruins is nice but didn't get to check it out either. Visit mo siya then let me know how it is. Sa may Barrio Fiesta pala may Igorot stairs din, daming Igorot statues, would make a nice place for picture taking. hehe! Went there for breakfast at a li'l past 8am, ended up leaving after our waiters went back to us for the 3rd time saying "wala rin ho daw nito"...haha!

We were only there for 2 days so I'm sure ang dami pang ibang magagandang places na 'di namin napuntahan. Besides U've been there na naman so u're probably already familiar with the ones I mentioned. I didn't even get to check out Baguio's night life, make sure U do tho' then tell us about it.

One thing I noticed, people there are very very nice. The sales ladies are actually smiling people. You don't see that often in Manila. haha! Pero beware din, someone told me na most of her friends daw nawalan ng cellphone pagpunta dun, so just be a li'l more careful na lang.

Have fun!!!!!!! :sunnysmile:
  • http://www.geocities.com/fineplace2stay/

I'd stayed there last week. Their unit A is 2,500 a night while unit B is 1000 for a couple. We were 5 persons that time hence was charge 1,400 php for Unit B.

Their location is just 5 minutes to Burnharm Park. Their place is near Marcos Highway.
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Unit B for $20 a night is a real bargain! *okay*
  • it is indeed a bargain! ive already emailed the agent of this hotel. kaya lang anlayo yata sa downtown baguio. he agent says it takes 8 minutes from burnham park. may mga available stores kayadun? or is it accesible sa transpo.?

ang inalalala ko lang kse ay baka abutan kami ng hatinggabi sa gimik eh hindi na kami makabalik sa hotel pag ganung time.

i have seen on the map of baguio na marami ding hotels within the vicinity of burnham park. ok lang kaya na hindi kami magpa reserve? as in pagdating na lang namin dun, saka kami mag check -in?

Originally posted by gambit5
    http://www.geocities.com/fineplace2stay/

I'd stayed there last week. Their unit A is 2,500 a night while unit B is 1000 for a couple. We were 5 persons that time hence was charge 1,400 php for Unit B.

Their location is just 5 minutes to Burnharm Park. Their place is near Marcos Highway.
  • hey man....that place is not a hotel...it's a house.......

yeah! I already answered your mail..... and take note ha :) I'm not their agent.....so happen that we stayed there last week......ok sila mabait...... yun nga lang....u should have ur own service transpo kc from Marcos highway medyo bababa kapa for about 800 meters. Ok lang yun pababa pero paakyat is another story. They have a katiwala ( helper ) that stays there so kung abutin ka man siguro ng hatinggabi, just beep or call their cell phone...btw, the place has a gate and can accomodate two vans.
  • gambit, thanks for the email man.

i was referring to the agent gigi cruz who answered my email yesterday, yun yung agent sa fine place to stay.

oh sorry, house pala yun, kala ko hotel. ok naman siya pala. ang inaalala ko nga lang ay medyo malayo yata sa city eh. wala pa naman kaming transpo.

isang question na lang gambit, if you don't mind.. kung dun kami mag iistay, do you really really recommend it? kahit wala kaming sasakyan? i mean the place is ok, price is ok. pero yung transpo lang ang problem.. may mga nagdadadan kaya na taxi dun?

if its not, then i guess maghahanap kami near burnham park. mayrun daw sa KISAD road, KISAD hotel which rivals the price at 1,200 per night. yun nga lang di ko pa nakikita kung ok ito.

yun lang gambit5, i hope you could answer this kse we plan to leave na this evening.
  • you can also try Teacher's camp along Leonardo Rd.....malapit siya sa Market at iba pang night spots.......mura din duon yung cottage, dorm o kaya guest house.........

since off-peak season ngayon, di gaano occupied yung teacher's camp....u might try checking them out first before settling on hotels.......

rates nila for a cottage is 1,200 php - two bedrooms, kitchen and sala --- if one of u is a teacher, u could have the cottage for 800 php.......the drawback is there's no heater ......magpapakulo pa kayo ng tubig..... however, if ur fun of jogging in the early morning.....meron sa loob ng teacher's camp ng oval /stadium......

happy trip and good luck.....btw umuulan duon sa hapon hanggang gabi.......bring an umbrella ---syadong malamig sa gabi........ :)
  • mukhang ok magstay sa teacher's camp, tapos request for the cottage na may mumu!
  • magandang adventure yan...... I've heard stories about some guest house or cottage having mumu.......:) hehehehe

Sa gabi marami kang maririnig ng kuliglig at tsaka palaka......buksan mo na lang lahat na ilaw sa gabi para makita mo talaga kung merong multo.......

Nung nag stay kami duon wala naman kaming naramdaman kakaiba kc may pet dog ako na kasama ( german shepherd ) so malakas yung loob namin......hehehehehe

pero sa sobrang lamig sa gabi..... yung bang nagfofog kaagad yung breath mo habang nagsasalita......kung baga parang sa sixth sense......

hehehehe tama na OT...... balik sa topic....

try checking Teacher's Camp.......
  • asus! paano kaya yan, mukhang nalilito na yata ako kung saan maganda. tsk tsk. ok na kaya yung fine place to stay?

yung sa teachers camp, mukhang nakakatakot eh. hehe. wala naman kaming aso, hehe.

at umuulan pa pala dun? mukhang mahihirapan kami sa paglalakad ah.

thanks gambit5.
  • I was in Baguio last May, we stayed in hotel veniz a brand new hotel a short walking distance from burnham park the room has two matrimonial sized beds a ref, tv and aircon carpeted floor, the room is so spacious everything the towels bedsheets mattresses cmforters are brand new and clean. the room rate is P2,000.00 with free breakfast at the coffee shop, great! at the ground floor is mcdo's also owned by the hotel and a bake shop that serves great tasting oven hot pandesal cinnamon bread and ensaymada.
    places i visited: bell church, mines view park, camp john hay,cathedral, burnham park good shepherd
    restaurants where i dined: max's chicken star cafe rose bowl
    ;)
  • Hi guys! You might want to try 34 Sunflower Guesthouse in Baguio. Searchable via Facebook. 😊