Home PEx International Entertainment International TV
Speak your mind, but mind what you post. Let's not spread disinformation and/or misinformation.

Twin Peaks

I was too young to watch the show but apparently it was the forerunner for a lot of weird and darkly humorous tv shows in the 90's like the x-files, eerie indiana, picket fences etc. Heard it had a pretty big cult following but what puzzles me is it only lasted for two seasons. Does anybody remember this show? I really wanna know more about it.

Comments

• I guess nobody will admit to have been old enough to watch the show huh?
  • Yep, I remember following Twin Peaks when it was shown in Ch. 17 or the Far Eastern Network. It was written and directed by David Lynch, kaya talagang edgy, warped, and way, way out of left field--like watching your own lucid dream. It's the first time a TV series totally riveted me for its cosmic storyline and sheer quirkiness, like a midget talking backwards and a fish in the percolator. Television noire at its finest. If you've seen Mulholland Drive, you'll know what I'm getting at.

The series plot is centered around the mysterious disappearance and death of an all-American girl named Laura Palmer and the thorough investigation that followed. Basically everyone in the town of Twin Peaks was deemed to have had a hand in her murder, so goes FBI Special Agent Dale Cooper (played by Kyle MacLachlan), after encountering the whole gamut of strange characters and even stranger families clustered in the area.

SPOILER: LAURA'S FATHER WAS THE CULPRIT, hehehehehe!
  • JENSIE_GJENSIE_G PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes I remember it...

It's so WEIRD-- it has a weird theme song, weird plot and weird characters...
  • tin28tin28 PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    remember it being shown on Channel 2,after ng Doogie and others...pero never really got to watch the series.
  • Hmmm. I have the entire first season on DVD and tape. The pilot is on a tape (pinalabas sa channel 4 ng Global Cable) tapos the three-disc DVD of the first season was lent to me recently (nakakaguilty nga at hindi ko pa binabalik). It's so freaking good.
  • ok now I'm really intrigued now that i've seen david lynch's name!!! Is the series on video? Do you know where i can find some? Do they show reruns on some channel?
  • Originally posted by sio_pao2002
    ok now I'm really intrigued now that i've seen david lynch's name!!! Is the series on video? Do you know where i can find some? Do they show reruns on some channel?

Well, if you subscribe to Global Cable, pinapalabas nila yung rarely-seen pilot paminsan-minsan sa Channel 4 nila. If you have the money, the complete first season sans the pilot is available on DVD online. Worth it siya because you get script excerpts of truncated scenes, commentary, interviews with the cast and crew, etc. Also the Log Lady intros are here - they were never shown by ABS-CBN, IIRC. THe whole thing is around $24.
  • I remember this show. Very surreal:alien: Like watching something out of your dreams.
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    I too was intrigued by this show when it aired in the early 90s. All the interesting and weird characters, sherrif Truman, special agent cooper, the crying deputy, the dancing midget and of course the log lady.
    I remember when it aired, after several episodes, people were clamoring to know who killed Laura Palmer. David Lynch and the producers were always teasing us saying the killer will be revealed soon, like in the next few episode. He kept saying that, even after several episodes.
    Towards the end of the run of the series, I guess people just got tired of wanting to find out who kille Laura, that when the killer was revealed to be Laura's father, it was kinda anticlimactic, and I think that's what contributed to the show being cancelled.
    And even then, the explanation that Laura's father only killed her because he was posessed by the spirit of the evil and malevolent Bob only made things more confusing.
    Remember the final scene of the show showed agent cooper being himself possesed by the spirit of Bob? They said this was resolved by the Twin Peaks movie, but unfortunately, I never got a chance to watch the movie beacuse by this time, I had lost interest in the show. Maybe one day I'll rent it though.
  • I am currently watching Twin Peaks. :D

This is cheesy, campy, weird... We need more shows like this.
  • OMG!!!!!

I soooo love this series. I remember it watching together with my late father.

Di ba the catch phrase for this was "WHO KILLED LAURA PALMER?"

:D:D:D
  • Yep.

Just finished watching.

ZOMG that was amazing. I wish David Lynch will make more shows.

Audrey Horne <3
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Yes I remember catching this on ABS-CBN 2 back in the early 90s (when they were still showing English-language programming).

The hypnotic score by Angelo Badalamenti (popularly sampled by Moby in his ground-breaking dance-club hit "Go")...the foggy Pacific Northwest backgorund...Sherilyn Fenn's Audrey Horne knotting a cherry stem with her tongue...David Duchovny's cross-dressing FBI agent "Denise"
    Falling - Julee Cruise
  • Nainis lang ako na namatay ng sabay yung tatlong favorite characters ko sa show :(
    Poor Andy, Audrey, and that old guy (forgot his name)
  • cinelamourcinelamour PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    david lynch and mark frost are back! there will be new nine episodes of twin peaks in showtime!
  • SIOPAO MANSIOPAO MAN PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    When this thread was started, Twin Peaks was only 10 years ago, now Twin Peaks is 22 years ago! Tanda na natin! :eek:
  • forgforg Administrator PEx Moderator
    Kyle MacLachlan Set To Return As Star Of ‘Twin Peaks’ Showtime Limited Series
    http://deadline.com/2015/01/kyle-maclachlan-cast-twin-peaks-showtime-limited-series-1201348277/
  • sweetyCsweetyC PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    UP!

I started watching this few months ago and I. GOT. HOOKED!!! I love it! :love: Super excited ako when I found out there will be a season 3! :bounce: Originally it was planned to be released this year but they had to move it next year. Katatapos lang nila ng shoot few weeks ago! :cheese:

In case you missed it, nirelease na yung full list ng actors na lilitaw sa season 3 :D
    http://deadline.com/2016/04/twin-peaks-full-cast-david-lynch-showtime-series-1201743122/
  • QT IIQT II PEx Influencer ⭐⭐⭐
    Will all the original players turn up?

Can't wait to see how Sherilyn Fenn looks now...she hasn't been active in either big or small screens for quite some time
  • sweetyCsweetyC PEx Veteran ⭐⭐
    ^ Not all. Some of them like Piper Laurie (Catherine Martell), Joan Chen (Jocelyn Packard) and Lara Flynn Boyle (Donna Hayward), even Moira Kelly (Played Donna in Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me) were not in the list. Baka one of those new names will play Donna.

Another actor will play Sheriff Truman since Michael Ontkean gave up acting long time ago. And of course, yung iba namatay na, like Jack Nance who played Pete Martell.

About Sherilyn Fenn, nagpopost sya ng photos sa twitter nya, and it seems Audrey Horne is alive! :bounce: