PEx Highlights

FEATURE: BasketBros: PBA's Best Buddies

We take a look at twelve couples who have formed relationships like real life brothers. Meet our BasketBros!

read more

The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards

Come one, come all! Voting for The Best of 2014: PExers Choice Awards has officially begun. Click here to cast a vote!

read more

10 Things to Watch Out for in UAAP Volleyball

We list down 10 things to look forward to this season from the Miefer Fever to EJ Laure and Jaja Santiago's crucial role for their respective teams!

read more

REVIEW: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1

It feels forced and stretched. But hey, it's still Mockingjay. Check out our full review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Defending Champs Ateneo KOs NU

The Ateneo Lady Eagles successfully opened their campaign with a three-set victory over the NU Lady Bulldogs, 25-21, 25-18, 25-15.

read more

PHOTOS: UST Sweeps UE in Season Opener

The UST Tigresses had no problems to start off their season as they swept the UE Lady Warriors in 3 sets, 25-11, 25-12, 25-14.

read more

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Exclamation What are the non qouta courses in UP,ADMU, DLSU-Taft, UST, UAP?

Iam an incoming senior high na. Iam not studying in the Philippines pero pag mag college na ako sa Philippines na. Hindi ko kasi alam yung mga non quota courses sa mga schools that i've mentioned. Please helpppp me naman kasi I'll be in the Philippines in August or September or October para mag college entrance test but until now hindi ko alam kung anong non- qouta course take ko. My parents told me to try UP or ADMU or DLSU or UST or UAP but the point is I don't know if I could make it there. Ano ano rin ba yung dapat kong bigyan na attention when studying para maka pass ako sa schools that i've mentioned earlier???

Haayyy... tahimik dito...

How about Miriam College? okay lang ba dun??? Pero mas gusto ng parents ko sa UP or ADMU or DLSU or UST or UA&P pero I don't know kung kaya ko eh..

pagkumuha ka ng application form for the entrance exam in UP, bibigyan ka na nila ng list of courses that they are offering. naka-indicate na don kung quota or non-quota yung course.

not sure bout the other schools na. sorry!

Watashi no namae wa Geoff. arkienuts's Avatar

UST doesn't offer any non-quota courses. you have to pass the entrance exam and the testing center will decide whether you are qualified for the course/college you applied in based on your first choice and second choice and the academic requirements of a specific college.

fyi, in USt, the different colleges/faculties/institutes have their own academic standards and as far as every thomasian is concerned, the toughest college to get into is the College of Rehabilitation Sciences (Physical/Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and sports Science) followed by the College of Science (Psych, Microbio, Bio, Human Bio, Applied Physics, Actuarial Science, Info Tech, Info Mgt, Com Sci and Chem).

Other colleges vary only in terms of the first-come-first serve basis. Meaning, the probability to fail is low but enrolment is upon reservation.

hope i enlightened u in anyway...

to give you a hint, the sciences and english part of the UST entrance exam is really tough, i dunno about the math, i didn't find it that "hard".

another tip, if you want to surely pass is apply in any AB degree...or Educ...

helloooo....

Thanks for that guys. I hope more replies will come kasi I am still confused eh...

Originally posted by arkienuts
    UST doesn't offer any non-quota courses. you have to pass the entrance exam and the testing center will decide whether you are qualified for the course/college you applied in based on your first choice and second choice and the academic requirements of a specific college.

fyi, in USt, the different colleges/faculties/institutes have their own academic standards and as far as every thomasian is concerned, the toughest college to get into is the College of Rehabilitation Sciences (Physical/Occupational Therapy, Speech Pathology and sports Science) followed by the College of Science (Psych, Microbio, Bio, Human Bio, Applied Physics, Actuarial Science, Info Tech, Info Mgt, Com Sci and Chem).

Other colleges vary only in terms of the first-come-first serve basis. Meaning, the probability to fail is low but enrolment is upon reservation.

to give you a hint, the sciences and english part of the UST entrance exam is really tough, i dunno about the math, i didn't find it that "hard".

Nursing ba sa UST tough? Kasi I am planning to take that if I could pass the entrance exam sa UST I heard that it is really tough and few could only pass it, is that true?

snoopy doo...

why are u so particular abt non quota courses sa pinas?? LET ME ASK U ... ANO bang course ang gusto mo?? kasi hanap ka ng non quota course, pano kung ayaw mo naman *** dun? i think the most impt question is what you want to pursue diba.

if ur asking about UST's nursing.. its really good. i think one of the best nursing skul arnd. since in demand tlaga ang nursing, its a good course, pero dapat gusto mo tlaga yung course before u feel fulfilled.

madali lang naman sa ust nursing kung tutuusin. as long as u study well, no problem. but they have a cut off though. u shud maintain at least an average of 2 *arnd 86 ata* na grade sa 1st yr para makastay ka sa college na un. if ur really determined, sobrang dali lang naman nun. =)

gudlak! see u arnd ust if ever.

Arrow

and hey dont be so worried.. you'll be in worse situation if you're underestimating your own capabilites...

they're indicated naman kung alin ang quota at hindi e...

by the way... upcat nga pala takes place in august... so you might be late for that... or im just not so sure yung date of exam for the "foreigners"

Originally posted by arkienuts

Wow, UST has all those new courses already?

I'm a UST Bio grad, batch 99, and nung time ko, Institute of PT pa lang, dalawa lang courses nila, PT and OT. Tapos sa Science, bio, psych, BS Math maj in Actuarial Science saka Com Sci, and Chem. Now, meron pang Human Bio and Applied Physics? Wow talaga.

I agree with you though. The hardest to get into would be the College of Rehab Science followed by the College of Science. And I also didn't find the math part hard. Madali lang Math sa UST Entrance Exam, pinakanahirapan ako sa English. And I'm a part-time writer pa ha.

Don't focus too much on the non-quota courses. Basta if you're applying in UST, apply for the course you want, then if you don't make it (I hope you will. though), you can go to the testing center and let your score be evaluated. Idedetermine nila what courses you can take.

Oh, and if you're planning on taking non-quote just to enter UST and then shift na lang when you're there, warning lang, mahirap yun. Lalo na if you'll go up. Konti lang nakaka-shift from, say, Educ or AB papuntang Science. And Rehab Med doesnt allow shiftees, pati ata Nursing. That strategy works better in UP.

Talking

keep on posting guys!!!

Smile

I went to the Philippines last March and I went to this review center in Katipunan unfortunately they assigned me in Alabang. Nag review ako don for about 1 to 3 weeks. Our teachers there are young mostly college students pa. They told us na we should enter first the "system" before choosing the desired course. I don't know kung applicable talaga yun, kaya thats why I am asking the non quota courses eh.

Originally posted by greenDestiny
    and hey dont be so worried.. you'll be in worse situation if you're underestimating your own capabilites...

they're indicated naman kung alin ang quota at hindi e...

by the way... upcat nga pala takes place in august... so you might be late for that... or im just not so sure yung date of exam for the "foreigners"
    Hey Iam not worried I am just confused lang. kasi until now I dont know what course to take in college. I have my list but I don't know if I could pass it eh. Hirap daw kasi ng mga pinili ko and I am not that good naman kaya yun

snoopydoo, i think u mean courses na madaling makapasok? kasi wala namang atang course na non-quota, dapat may limit talaga. kahit pe management may limit ang students na iaaccept lang.

im from DLSU, kung gusto mo madaling makapasok, try mo physics nila (BS or Medical Physics) or kung business MFI (pero tingin ko mahirap na rin makapasok kahit MFI pero mas malaki chance mo makapasok kaysa sa Business management.

sa UA&P naman ata, kahit anong course madaling makapasok kasi mas konti may gusto dito dahil mahal talaga. Mamili ka na lang ng kahit anong gusto mong course kasi madali makapasok.

sa UST, mas madali atang makapasok sa mga courses nila kasi madami talaga slots nila basta iwasan mo lang ang Pre-med courses like Biology, Chemistry, etc. dahil yun yung strength nila.

sa Ateneo, mahirap pasukin kasi konti lang talaga slots nila dun. Kahit Physics dun, mahirap mapasok. Theology siguro kung desperate ka sa Ateneo.

sa UP, try mo yung mga courses dun na ngayon mo lang narinig. Pero sa UP, mahirap talaga makapasok kahit HRM lang yan or Sports Management.

basta pagnakapasok ka na, wag mong isipin na madali na *** un kasi konti lang kayo nagapply kasi believe me, kung hindi ka talaga deserving dun (bagsak bagsak grades mo), kahit walang student yung course nila, kick out ka talaga. the best thing you can do is do you very very best para makashift ka sa desired course mo.

16. Advertisement

as far as i know, di uso sa lasal yang non-quota courses... but if you were referring to courses na madali pasukan, try any courses from the college of educ... i dunno ha, pero i think it's easiest to get in there than in any college... and i didnt mean to belittle any CED people here... peace tyo!!!!

Im sorry kung medyo off-topic pero meron bang course na accounting sa UP diliman?? please reply kayo...

Post NON-QUOTA COURSES: UPD and UPM

***UP DILIMAN***

BA ANTHROPOLOGY
    BS APPLIED PHYSICS
    BA ARALING PILIPINO
    BA ART STUDIES
    BS CHEMISTRY
    BS CLOTHING TECHNOLOGY
    BA COMMUNICATION RESEARCH
    BS COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT
    BS COMMUNITY NUTRITION
    BA COMPARATIVE LITERATURE
    B ELEMENTARY EDUCATION
    BA ENGLISH STUDIES
    BA EUROPEAN LANGUAGES
    BS FAMILY LIFE AND CHILD DEVELOPMENT
    BA FILIPINO
    BA FILM AND AUDIO-VISUAL COMMUNICATION
    B FINE ARTS (talent test required)
    BS FOOD TECHNOLOGY
    BS GEODETIC ENGG
    BS GEOGRAPHY
    BS GEOLOGY
    BA HISTORY
    BS HOME ECONOMICS
    BS HOTEL, RESTAURANT AND INSTITUTION MGMT.
    B INTERIOR DESIGN
    BA JOURNALISM
    B LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTURE
    B LIBRARY AND INFORMATION SCIENCE
    BA LINGUISTICS
    BA MALIKHAING PAGSULAT SA FILIPINO
    BS MATERIALS ENGG
    BS MINING ENGG
    B MUSIC (talent test required)
    BA PHILOSOPHY
    B PHYSICAL EDUCATION
    BS PHYSICS
    BA PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
    B SECONDARY EDUCATION
    BS SOCIAL WORK
    BA SOCIOLOGY
    BA SPANISH
    BA SPEECH COMMUNICATION
    B SPORTS SCIENCE
    BS STATISTICS
    BA THEATER ARTS (talent test required)
    BS TOURISM

***UP MANILA***

BA BEHAVIORAL SCIENCES
    D DENTAL MEDICINE (a screening exam will be given after the 2nd yr to determine fitness and manual dexterity)
    BA DEVELOPMENT STUDIES
    BS INDUSTRIAL PHARMACY
    BA ORGANIZATIONAL COMMUNICATION
    BS PHARMACY
    BA PHILIPPINE ARTS
    BA POLITICAL SCIENCE
    BA SOCIAL SCIENCES (Area Atudies)

Originally posted by r_0701
    Im sorry kung medyo off-topic pero meron bang course na accounting sa UP diliman?? please reply kayo...
    yup! BS Business Administration and Accountancy

Wala ba nung talagang accounting *** w/o bussiness admin? hirap ba *** bussiness admin?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast