PEx Highlights

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

PHOTOS: Alaska Wins Laugher vs Champs

Calvin Abueva (21 points, 11 rebounds) and the Alaska Aces made a statement on Wednesday, dominating the Purefoods Star Hotshots in a laugher, 93-73.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PROMO: Interstellar

Join the promo and get a chance to win advance screening tickets to Interstellar!

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Post [MERGED] Gas in the tummy/ Kabag

doc ira, what does it mean pag may trangkaso and at the same time kinakabag? i mean, the kabag kasi may be the cause of the flu or something. are they connected? despite kasi of taking the necessary medicine, d pa rin nawawala. what may be the reason of the continuous kabag? i'm just worried...

Talking

Kahit dehins ako si Doc Ira, subukan kong sagutin yan...

Ang usual na tinatawag nating trangkaso ay isang 'systemic viral infection'. This is usually self-limiting, mga 5-7 days. Drink lots of fluid and get some rest.

Ang kabag ay accumulation of gas in the gut. The most common cause of this is air swallowing. If you are sick with the flu, at barado ang ilong mo, you usually breath through your mouth, kaya mas maraming gas ang nalulunok mo. Higa ka sa kama ng naka-tuwad, o kaya, maglagay ka ng unan sa tiyan mo habang nakahiga ka. Just try to add minimal pressure sa tiyan mo para ma-release mo ang gas (farting).

Sana nakatulong... Peace!

Your flu and your excessive gas aren't connected. Your flu medicines are not going to ease your gas. Just don't swallow too much air (baka nakababad ka naman sa aircon and you sleep with your mouth open?). Both will disappear after a few days. Get well soon!

Post PROOOT!!! Ano ba tong KABAG ko!!! TULONGAN NYO KO!!! waah!!!! =(

pinainom na ako ng Pancreoflat pero masakit pa rin!
    5 days na to eh!! HELP!

You can try putting a hot water bag on your tummy to ease the pain. Eat a high fiber diet for now, chew your food slowly with your mouth closed, and avoid eating chewing gums. You can add either Boie Carminative syrup at 20 mL every 3 hours or Prepulsid 5 mg/tab 1 tab 4x daily as needed with your intake of Pankreoflat . If the pain is continuous (not intermittent) and you have symptoms of nausea or vomiting, see a physician for it.

Kulang lang sa PEx yan. Damihan mo pa konti.

*joke lang ha?* pagaling ka agad!

HAHAHAHA!!!
    ooopss....

ok lang yan kaya mo yan!!!
    basta wag lang sa public ah!! kakahiya eh

Surf's Up!

meh kabag din ako nung highschool...it went away by itself but during the time that i had it...i blamed my farts on my friends. LOL, pretty disgusting and rude!

Post Kabag ???

I not sure if this is the right term for it. Yun bang pag medyo maraming hangin sa tiyan mo , when you tap your stomach medyo iba yung sound coz may hangin nga . Other that just wait for the extra "air " to be "farted out " whats the remedy to this ba ?

I was told to put efficacent oil on the stomach or put a hot
    towel over my upper somach (where the hangin mostly is ) .Are there better remedies ?

Thanks

You can put a hot water bag on your tummy if you feel gassy. Or you can take medications like Disflatyl or Pankreoflat, 1 tablet after meals if it's intolerable. Also, chew with your mouth closed.

Hmpf!!!

doc... ako rin ang sakit ng tyan ko... 1 week na to.... but no diarrhea... no appetite loss.... but the pain is tolerable... pero may times na ang sakit talaga... kabag ba to? pansin ko lang unusual din ang farting ko..hehe

OT: doc... mali ang pag-intake ko ng creatine monohydrate (u know... drug for body builders).. nung loading period ko (5 days).. i drank 15 g of creatine in 1 serving... dapat 5 g per serving and at least 15-25 g a day... may side effect pa to? tinigil ko na nga muna creatine intake ko kasi sumasakit ng tyan ko.... is the wrong intake of creatine a cause for my stomach ache?

Creatine may give you tummyache because it can't be digested very well in large amounts, and you have been taking it as one large dose instead of in divided doses. If you've stopped taking it and the stomachache disappears, then it's the likely culprit.

colic baby

Hello to all the doctors in the house!!!

I just want to ask if there is any cure for colic (kabag). My baby is 7 weeks old. since birth until now araw araw, not only araw araw but every hour may kabag sya. as in di na sya makatulog sa sobrang kabag. I already gave him RELESTAL 0.5ML. buti until now super kabag na rin. Lagay na rin ako manzanilla. no effect pa rin. what should i do?? awang awa na ako sa kanya.

***** One more thing. (out of the topic na to) I gave birth last April 6,2004 (normal delivery. After delivery nagpa-ligate na ako.

Question: bakit until now wala pa rin akong menstruation???

To doc. Ira, eyedoc and to all the doctors, Thank you for all the patience in answering all our questions. Especially maraming makukulit at matanong like me. You r really God's gift. May GOD always bless you all!!!!

Unfortunately, if Relestal doesn't work, then chances are other meds won't, either. Other than it being anxiety-provoking (to the parents), colic isn't a serious condition, and it will disappear after 3 months. Be sure that you burp the baby frequently, and if you bottle-feed him, maybe he's intolerant to the formula--you may want to consider shifting him to another just to check. Also, if your family has a history of lactose intolerance, you might also consider trying out lactose-free milk, too. Carrying him upright in an infant backpack or front sling, wrapping him snuggly in a blanket, or a warm bath are non-medical techniques that may soothe him.

Menses after pregnancy may resume 2 months after giving birth if you're not breastfeeding, and even longer (up to 3 mos.) if you are.

ano gamot sa kabag?

hi! just want to know kung ano pwede inomin para sa kabag? its been 3 days and parang bloated tummy ko..nahihilo ako minsan and parang gustong magvomit kaya lang ayaw..tapos puro hangin lang tummy ko. even if i fart a million times in a day, meh hangin pa din waahh, it hurts.

Hello there. Please wait for the reply of the physicians.

3 days already? Perhaps it's time to visit your doctor.

kabag leads to heartburn?

hi. may 2 weeks na ko nakakaramdam ng pagsikip sa hininga dahil daw sa kabag. nakapagpa-check up na ko dalawang beses sa magkaibang doctor (allergologist because I thought it was asthma and an internist) pero pareho lang sinabi nila to continue my asthma meds. then I went to see a manghihilot, may hangin daw tyan ko which leads sa paninikip ng hininga ko and it may lead to heartburn daw. i'm taking this herbal remedy (pandan tea). it's working though but I need an opinion from a good doctor. thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by chiccque View Post
    hi. may 2 weeks na ko nakakaramdam ng pagsikip sa hininga dahil daw sa kabag. nakapagpa-check up na ko dalawang beses sa magkaibang doctor (allergologist because I thought it was asthma and an internist) pero pareho lang sinabi nila to continue my asthma meds. then I went to see a manghihilot, may hangin daw tyan ko which leads sa paninikip ng hininga ko and it may lead to heartburn daw. i'm taking this herbal remedy (pandan tea). it's working though but I need an opinion from a good doctor. thanks.
    try mo sa isang cardiologist...
    may rineseta siya sa akin na gamot na binibili so the generics pharmacy..
    lansoprazole at domperidone.....

try mo muna magpaconsult and ask about the medicines i brought up