PEx Highlights

PHOTOS: TNT Dismantle NLEX to Get First Win

The Talk N Text Tropang Texters made quick work of the NLEX Road Warriors, getting their first win of the Phillipine Cup, 103-81.

read more

PBA: Still 'Liga ng Bayan' after 40 Years

We list down ten compelling reasons, on why the PBA has remained relevant to Filipinos today since its inception in 1975.

read more

Big Hero 6 Pins!

New movie pin alert! Join the movie discussion thread and collect all five Big Hero 6 pins!

read more

REVIEW: The Judge

Robert Downey Jr. takes off his iron suit and stars in this legal drama. Read our review here!

read more

Solo Backpackers: Get Up and Go!

Planning to escape the rigors of the metro soon? Join the Solo Backpackers thread and get insights and tips from fellow PExers about traveling alone!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Rallies Past Blackwater

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters avoided an upset loss to the Blackwater Elite thanks to a late rally in the 4th quarter, 82-75.

read more

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast

Post UP Graduate School

Anyone from graduate school here in UP?

How are you coping so far?

Full-time or part-time?

How do you manage your time if your working, plus the g-miks?

no day but today...

Hi, ako tapos na two years ago pa Share ko na lang pinagdaanan ko and how I coped with it.

I finished my Masters' in Technology Management. It was a very demanding course, which means everything in my life went on suspended animation in order to attend to it. In my first year, pinagsabay ko ang trabaho at pag-aaral and it was difficult to say the least. Good thing in my 2nd year pinayagan ako ng boss kong mag-study leave ng isang taon kaya nakapag-full time ako. Akala ko mas madadalian ako pag pahinga sa trabaho, yun pala mas mapapasubo ka sa pag-aaral lalo na't nalaman ng mga kaklase mong naka-leave ka. Cardinal rule: if you're on full-time study leave, don't breathe a word to anybody, including your professors.

The most important thing in grad school is teamwork and team harmony. Teamwork and harmony make the unending pile-up of course requirements more bearable as the semester progresses. Suwerte ako't nakatagpo ako ng mga ka-grupo na magagaling at masisipag at baliw. May isang SVP ng SSS, isa nama'y head ng collections ng Citibank, isa'y MIS manager ng Republic Chemicals, isa'y magna cum laude grad ng UP CBA. Ang isa pa nga'y entrepreneurial genius na marami nang naipundar na negosyo by the time he's 30. Tingin ko nga saling-pusa lang ako, hehehe!

Efficient ang distribution namin ng trabaho na kailangan dahil iba't-iba linya namin. Typical semestral output (nine units) namin: eight group papers, 20 individual case analyses, six exams (midterm and finals), eight individual papers, and a group quality assessment report. Whew! Napansin kong yung mga walang masyadong kaibigan o maayos na kagrupo'y ang mga unang tumiklop sa grad school sa UP. Another thing: Hell Week at the graduate level offers you a lasting glimpse of Purgatory, so you better finish what you're doing ASAP!

Of course, when you work and study hard, you're entitled to play hard too! During my grad school years, lahat na atang pwedeng pag-gimikan e nilusob namin mula Libis hanggang Katipunan hanggang Timog hanggang Jupiter hanggang Malate hanggang Alabang hanggang Tagaytay! Ang saya talaga namin nun at ang daming nabuong relasyon sa grad school. Ka-grupo ko nga e nabuntis at nanganak pa e!

That's my story, people, how about the others?

Hello!!

Im just wondering how difficult / easy it is to enter UP GRAD?
    Im planning to take my Masters there (MA-IS), and I dont know a single soul who is taking his/her masters at UP.. so Im pretty much clueless. Is there a test of some sort? An interview perhaps?

How tight or lax are they when it comes to admissions? Im just a bit worried..

Anyone out there..

i wanna enter UP Grad school too after i finish my undergrad course. I wanna take MA in IS too. is it hard to enter UP ba?

Hello!

I want to enter UP Grad School! What are the requirements? Are there marketing and communications-related courses offered? I had a different course in college, totally different from what I'm planning to take up, pwede pa rin kaya?

Help! Thanks.

hello! i am currently enrolled at up, and in my case, feeling ko madaling makapasok. i finished my undergrad from another university and i never expected na tatanggapin ako dito. pano ba naman, di ganoon ka-ganda ang grades ko noong undergrad ako....to think na may bagsak akong 3 major subject. pero wag ka, madali ngang makapasok, pero mahirap mag-stay.

paano mag-apply?

mag-inquire kayo sa graduate offices ng respective colleges na gusto niyong pasukan. in my case, pag ok na application mo, may placement exam. pag ok na yun, may interview pa (panel ha, consisting mainly of senior faculty members). you have to maintain a GWA of 2.0. kung hindi, tanggal ka sa program

Originally posted by omi
    mag-inquire kayo sa graduate offices ng respective colleges na gusto niyong pasukan. in my case, pag ok na application mo, may placement exam. pag ok na yun, may interview pa (panel ha, consisting mainly of senior faculty members). you have to maintain a GWA of 2.0. kung hindi, tanggal ka sa program
    What would you suggest? I just graduated and I'm weighing my options of whether enrolling in a graduate school immediately or at least, having a working experience first. Which is better?

Originally posted by omi
    hello! i am currently enrolled at up, and in my case, feeling ko madaling makapasok. i finished my undergrad from another university and i never expected na tatanggapin ako dito. pano ba naman, di ganoon ka-ganda ang grades ko noong undergrad ako....to think na may bagsak akong 3 major subject. pero wag ka, madali ngang makapasok, pero mahirap mag-stay.

paano mag-apply?

Omi.. hope you dont mind.. what are you taking up?

Ive been hearing kasi disturbing testimonies of those who tried to enter UP LAw.. I know its a way different field pero baka ganun din sila ka strict sa grad school. I hope not talaga.

Pray for us.. sana maka-pasok kami....

Hey guys!

I'm planning to take my Graduate Studies sa UP - National College of Public Administration and Governance after na makagrdaute ako ng aking AB. Ok ba dun? At yung admission requirements nila katulad din ng ibang college?

Originally posted by Britneys_Jugs

What would you suggest? I just graduated and I'm weighing my options of whether enrolling in a graduate school immediately or at least, having a working experience first. Which is better?
    depende sa kukunin mo. some courses, like MBA, requires applicants to have worked for at least 2 years. in my case, nag-apply agad ako after i graduated from college (i just graduated last june )

Originally posted by little_witch

Omi.. hope you dont mind.. what are you taking up?

Ive been hearing kasi disturbing testimonies of those who tried to enter UP LAw.. I know its a way different field pero baka ganun din sila ka strict sa grad school. I hope not talaga.

Pray for us.. sana maka-pasok kami....
    i am taking up Bio. lahat naman ata ng graduate programes sa up ay strict. i dont now about the law school, i guess mas mahirap doon. good luck na lang sa inyong lahat!

ah so do graduate schools in UP requires a work experience to applicants? (i want to enter graduate school right after i graduated from my undergraduate degree)

bemused.... where are you??? yuuhoo!
    I know he's taking his masters at UP din eh..
    I had a chance to talk to him about MA-IS but I forgot to ask him about the admissions....

Help....

Originally posted by alberic_00152
    ah so do graduate schools in UP requires a work experience to applicants? (i want to enter graduate school right after i graduated from my undergraduate degree)
    Depende daw sa course na kukunin mo sabi ni omi...

Originally posted by omi
    in my case, nag-apply agad ako after i graduated from college (i just graduated last june )
    so, how soon should I apply para for next year? Pwede na kaya mag-inquire ngayon palang?

oh ya... i forgot about that. Thanks!

Originally posted by little_witch

so, how soon should I apply para for next year? Pwede na kaya mag-inquire ngayon palang?
    yung application ngayon is for this coming 2nd sem pa lang. try niyo mag-inquire ng mga February to March. punta rin kayo sa web pages ng mga colleges na gusto niyo pasukan if ever may mga announcements

Banned by Admin

Ok ba ang MA in Psychology sa UP?

Banned by Admin

Question

Originally posted by alj
    Ok ba ang MA in Psychology sa UP?
    this is really weird. after acting like a up messenger, now you are not sure about up?

Banned by Admin

Originally posted by Braveheart

this is really weird. after acting like a up messenger, now you are not sure about up?
    ingit ka lang, braveheart.

Banned by Admin

bakit ako maiinggit sa nagtatanong kung ok ba ang MA in psychology sa up na siya mismo ang dumi-diyos sa up? ang gulo 'di ba?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 ... LastLast