PEx Highlights

PEx Halloween: Pinoy Horror Stories

Nakakita ka na ba ng aswang o multo? Nakaramdam ng masamang spirito at mga maligno? Kwento mo na dito!

read more

Top Male Celebrities

Did Joshua Garcia keep his spot as PEx's Top Male Celeb? Find out here!

read more

PHOTOS: Rain or Shine Blows Out Kia

The Rain or Shine Elasto Painters defeated Kia Sorento in a blowout, 117-88.

read more

REVIEW: Beauty in a Bottle

Beauty in a Bottle is worth the look thanks to its witty and poignant script and terrific performances from its cast.

read more

Inflatable robot Baymax takes the spotlight!

In Disney's Big Hero 6, a plus-sized inflatable robot named Baymax makes a difference in the life of teen prodigy Hiro Hamada.

read more

PHOTOS: 'Captain Hook' Too Much for Ginebra

Mac Cardona impressed in a vintage 'Captain Hook' performance, putting up 25 points and 6 rebounds to lead NLEX over Ginebra, 97-81.

read more

Sun, Oct 19

FINAL

KIA80

Tue, Oct 21

FINAL

NLEX101

Wed, Oct 22

FINAL

Fri, Oct 24

FINAL

Sat, Oct 25

FINAL

KIA55

Sun, Oct 26

FINAL

SMB80

Tue, Oct 28

Wed, Oct 29

FINAL

Fri, Oct 31

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumALASKAMERALCO
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGLOBALPORTPUREFOODS

Sun, Nov 2

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBARAKOSMB
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINETALK N TEXT

Tue, Nov 4

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumKIAGLOBALPORT
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRABLACKWATER

Wed, Nov 5

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumMERALCONLEX
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBALASKA

Fri, Nov 7

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINEBARAKO
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumTALK N TEXTKIA

Sun, Nov 9

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBLACKWATERGLOBALPORT
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumPUREFOODSGINEBRA

Tue, Nov 11

04:15 PMCuneta AstrodomeKIAALASKA
07:00 PMCuneta AstrodomeMERALCOTALK N TEXT

Wed, Nov 12

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumGLOBALPORTRAIN OR SHINE
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRABARAKO

Fri, Nov 14

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumALASKABLACKWATER
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumNLEXPUREFOODS

Sat, Nov 15

05:00 PMDavao CityRAIN OR SHINEMERALCO

Sun, Nov 16

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumBARAKOKIA
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBGINEBRA

Tue, Nov 18

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumBLACKWATERPUREFOODS
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumTALK N TEXTGLOBALPORT

Wed, Nov 19

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumBARAKOALASKA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumKIASMB

Fri, Nov 21

04:15 PMYnares Center, AntipoloNLEXBLACKWATER
07:00 PMYnares Center, AntipoloGINEBRAMERALCO

Sat, Nov 22

05:00 PMCagayan de Oro CityALASKAGLOBALPORT

Sun, Nov 23

03:00 PMBinan, LagunaTALK N TEXTBARAKO
05:15 PMBinan, LagunaMERALCOPUREFOODS

Tue, Nov 25

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumGLOBALPORTSMB
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINENLEX

Wed, Nov 26

04:15 PMYnares Center, AntipoloBARAKOBLACKWATER
07:00 PMYnares Center, AntipoloPUREFOODSKIA

Fri, Nov 28

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumNLEXALASKA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBMERALCO

Sun, Nov 30

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRABARAKO
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumPUREFOODSRAIN OR SHINE

Tue, Dec 2

04:15 PMMoA ArenaBARAKONLEX
07:00 PMMoA ArenaALASKAGINEBRA

Wed, Dec 3

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumMERALCOKIA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumTALK N TEXTPUREFOODS

Fri, Dec 5

04:15 PMAraneta ColiseumRAIN OR SHINEALASKA
07:00 PMAraneta ColiseumSMBTALK N TEXT

Sat, Dec 6

05:00 PMDipolog CityPUREFOODSBARAKO

Sun, Dec 7

03:00 PMAraneta ColiseumKIANLEX
05:15 PMAraneta ColiseumGINEBRARAIN OR SHINE

Tue, Dec 9

04:15 PMCuneta AstrodomeBLACKWATERSMB
07:00 PMCuneta AstrodomeGLOBALPORTMERALCO
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Post remembering EDGAR"jack"TANUAN.....r.i.p

his first team in the PBA was purefoods.......

so PF fans....post some as a last respect for purefoods former warrior....................

Wink

He played for Purefoods in the early 90s. I think he also played for Swift and Sta. Lucia (not sure).

He moved to the MBA in '97 and played for the Negros Slashers.

I'll miss the big guy...

May his soul rest in peace...

Tanuan, ex-PBA center, dies at 36

EDGARDO ‘JACK’ Tanuan, a 10-year PBA veteran and one of the most dominant big men in the early years of the MBA, died yesterday due to a lingering kidney ailment. He was 36.

The 6-5 slotman had been in and out of the hospital for some time and was last confined at the New Era Hospital in Quezon City, battling a kidney disease that ended his career in 2000.

His remains lie at the Loyola Memorial Chapel in Guadalupe, Quezon City.

PBA Commissioner Jun Bernardino said Tanuan will be remembered as one of the finest role players of his generation.

“While he may not have reached superstar status in his long stint in the PBA, he is one of those players who played their roles to the hilt and got the job done,” said Bernardino.

“The PBA family grieves his death and we condole with his family,” he added.

Tanuan started his career with Far Eastern University in the UAAP in the mid-80s before moving up to the PBA in 1988 as a member of the first Purefoods team to play in the pro league.

He won two championships with the Hotdogs and two more with Swift, where he played the finest years of his career, averaging 11 points and seven boards for coach Yeng Guiao.

“Jack was the personification of a gentle giant,” said Guiao. “He played with his heart every game, but everybody in the league loved him.”

The Davao-born slotman suited up for three other teams, capping his PBA career with one last championship with Alaska in the 1997 Governors Cup before drifting to the MBA.

He played two-plus seasons as the starting center of the Negros Slashers who he led to a pair of national finals appearances.

no day but today...

I'm very sorry to hear about the demise of Jack Tanuan. Really am, coz when his collegiate team, the FEU Tamaraws, were lording it over in the UAAP, he took abuse from us insensitive fans like it's our birthright to do so. And how did he respond to our jeers and catcalls? By smiling at us and urging his teammates not to retaliate. If not for Jack, Glen Capacio, who was the other FEU star at the time, would have gone after us like a man amuck. Kami pa tuloy ang nagmukhang katawa-tawa.

He had the finest medium-range shot I have seen in a big man especially when he banks it. He was totally underrated because he shunned the limelight, yet his willingness to mix it up inside and do the garbage work in support of his more heralded teammates was always appreciated by coaches, fans, and, of course, fellow teammates. I really thought his condition had already stabilized since it was first reported--hindi pala. He will be missed not only for his achievements as a player but also for his kind, genial nature.

It is disturbing to note that a number of PBA players had their careers cut short or worse had become incapacitated due to hepatitis and all its resulting complications. Rey Cuenco also died from a kidney ailment, while Dondon Ampalayo, Dante Gonzalgo, Samboy Lim, Alvin Patrimonio, Jerry Codiñera and many others were stricken at various stages in their playing careers. I wonder why, but do you think it had to do with the early barnstorming efforts of the PBA to the provinces? Was it because of the local water? Just a thought, people...

Rest in Peach Black Jack

He was one of the finest players coming out of FEU and was one of the five players Purefoods elevated from the amateur ranks when it enterd the PBA.

rest in peace katukayo. my preyers are with you.

R.I.P jack tanuan

kahit papaano naging popcola player sya bago nag MBA.

kidcharlemagne described it best. jack the ripper had this uncanny knack for making crucial baskets because the defense is so concentrated on patrimonio and asaytono that tanuan often finds himself unguarded. tanuan even has a more reliable offense than the star center of purefoods, jerry codinera.

one of the most underrated players in the PBA and one of my Purefoods heroes, may his soul rest in peace.

rest in peace jack tanuan....

you will never be forgotten.....

from a purefoods fan.....

thanks for the memories...

may he rest in peace now.. though his death is not as celebrated as rico yan's, he will be remembered by th e basketball community...

Unhappy

The remains of Jack Tanuan lie in state at the Loyola Memorial Chapels in EDSA, Guadalupe Viejo, Makati City.

Interment will be on Tuesday.

Condolence to all those he left behind.

Lightbulb

Originally posted by Road Dogg
    He played for Purefoods in the early 90s. I think he also played for Swift and Sta. Lucia (not sure).
    Jack Tanuan played for Sta. Lucia, he was traded in 1993 by Swift with Andy De Guzman and RicRic Marata to SLR for Vergel Meneses. He was the Realtors' starting center before Dennis Espino arrived in 1995.

It so sad to know that BIG JACK is dead. He was a force to reckon with, this guy can ball, big lost to the Pro League, My prayers go out to those he left behind, Rest In Peace my Man!

Condolence....

ano po ba ulit nangyari?

he died of kidney ailment.......

Condolence to the family of Jack Tanuan. One of the gentle giant of the PBA.... I think his best years as PBA player when he played for RFM franchise. He did not blossom with Purefoods cause Purefoods had lots a good big man during those times.

May you Rest in peace.......

THE GAME!

He was one of my favorite centers back when he was still playing for Purefoods.

i first saw him play with the Hope team vs Mamas Love in the PABL. teammates nya sina Agustin, Isaac at Polistico.

he was a silent player but an effective player blessed with an outside shooting considering he plays center position.

sayang nga eh at 36yo bata pa sya pwede pa syang maglaro..

RIP Blakc Jack!

In my own way ..

Edgardo "Black Jack" Tanuan played his best during his days with Swift in my opinion coz he finally got some playing time and became Swift's Starting center. Played back-up center for Purefoods.. reliever for Jerry Codinera.

Condolence ot his family..

loyal green archer

My condolences. R.I.P.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast